TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 25, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: EVIL: Archive through October 25, 2019 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Evil" is the first major network show to wow me in years. I posted in the premieres thread how much I liked it, but after the second episode, I am hooked. This show is so freakin' good.

Evil is a psychological mystery that examines the origins of evil along the dividing line between science and religion. The series focuses on a skeptical female psychologist who joins a priest-in-training and a carpenter as they investigate the Church's backlog of unexplained mysteries, including supposed miracles, demonic possessions, and hauntings. Their job is to assess if there is a logical explanation or if something truly supernatural is at work.

Last night when they showed the face of the ghost in the surveillance video, I got chills. And the demon that keeps bothering the psychologist and her daughter is just plain terrifying.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I almost forgot to mention it's on Thursdays, CBS.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Loved the first episode and now I’m really looking forward to the second one. I’m waiting to watch it with my DD.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And the demon that keeps bothering the psychologist and her daughter is just plain terrifying."

Michael Emerson is apparently great in anything he does. He was really creepy in "Lost" and pretty mysterious in "Person of Interest", but I don't think I've ever seen him do "scary" before, but you're right, he does that really well here! He's scary and incredibly obnoxious!

The woman needs to stop sleeping on her back! I've had night terrors in the past and every time I did, I woke up lying flat on my back. Once I trained myself to avoid sleeping in that position, they stopped...except when I had rolled onto my back in my sleep. I didn't have them every time I slept on my back, but every time I did have night terrors that's how I woke up, trying to yell myself awake!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have mixed feelings about this show. I didn't find the demon terrifying, I found him a bit silly, and the name? George?

I'm going to keep watching because there were things I liked, but I'm not finding it strongly compelling yet.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I like the show but the second episode did not grip me as the first one did. I mean, the reveal of the crime was not mysterious or shocking, per se.
The psychologist creeps me the heck out and I can barely watch him. lol
I find myself comparing him to the father in Prodigal Son, although they are totally different. Just the creepy factor. But, in this show, they say he hasn't done anything criminal? Didn't he steal her records? I may have to watch again.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I'm just sad that one of my favorite good guys from Person of Interest is a bad guy. I did tune in just to see Michael Emerson.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The thing I keep thinking about is the end of ep 2. The creepy psychologist Townsend told Kristen to ask David about the second time he saw God. Then later David buys and takes some hallucinogens and sees what could be mistaken as God.

Also, about the creepy psychologist Townsend....
He was sitting behind David in David's own bedroom at the rectory, taunting him while he was praying. So either he is a demon like David believes, or he was in David's imagination in that scene. If he is a Demon, he could look at Kristen's notes any time.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Didn't they show how the devils' costume was made? That was a turn off for me, the mystery was gone and it was just her subconscious giving her dreams of the devil. But then the daughter had a similar dream and I decided the producers just want to play with us. One minute there is a logic explanation and next we get confused with spooky coincidences.
The ghost in the video was interesting the way they tried to explain it. However, the creepy psychologist is not scaring enough for me, I found him almost humorous.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 06, 2019 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Michael Emerson is a gifted actor. He plays that thin line between sweet and innocent/horribly evil. He did it on Lost and he's doing it again here. In real life, he's married to Carrie Preston (True Blood, The Good Wife). She's also a fantastic actress and plays quirky really well. My hubby and I always talk about how much fun it would be to go out to dinner with the two of them!

I'm with you, Naja, that demon is super creepy, even if his name is George. That just makes him creepier! I very often have nightmares and have woken my entire family up with my screaming or moaning on several occasions. I think it's genetic, cause my dad had them too. It's worse when I'm stressed about something.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 14, 2019 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think many of us had similar nightmares influenced by what we watch on tv or from some childish fears, for example when I was a child I was sleeping in a nun's dormitory and some girls played a prank on me by grabbing my foot and whispering "I'm the devil, I got really scared. Still today when I'm in bed I make sure my feet are well under the covers, but it's funny how we imagine the devil the exact same form as on this show, maybe from some religious books where it was designed in this form. I get more scared of the invisible form than this spooky one.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, October 14, 2019 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
One minute there is a logic explanation and next we get confused with spooky coincidences.
Yes, I think this may be a hallmark of this show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Spunky, when I was little my family was in a very fire and brimstone-type church (lots of talk about the devil and going to Hell). I used to have constant nightmares about the Devil coming to get me. Ugh.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This has definitely turned into my new favorite show.

The little boy last night has to be a parents nightmare. I gasped when I realized the parents' killed him. I knew as soon as the mom said "I love all my kids equally, but..."

I wonder if something is going to come of the little girls not logging into the game to say "goodbye" on the Ouija board. In all the scary movies, it's always bad news to forget.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I never knew that Naja, but them again I don't watch scary movies, LOL. This show is almost too scary for me to watch at night, but so far so good.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think this is episode 3, which I will probably watch tomorrow night on cbs.com, unless I am two episodes behind.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Juju, it's episode 4 that aired last night.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Last night's show may have done me in. I was only so-so on it, but if these are the storylines, I'm done.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
#3 was creepier than 1 and 2. Watched #3 tonight.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My cable was going in and out a lot, so pretty sure I missed a lot. It was creepy.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I am creeped out in a different way each show. I will keep watching.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just watched the most recent episode last night. So creepy on so many levels. The evil little boy (did his family really kill him?!) and the four little girls playing the same game. Very, very creepy.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It is starting to get a bit boring for me now, I'll try one more episode and see if I'm still interested. Same thing is happening with the show All Rise (the spunk doesn't last).

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I really liked last night's show about Halloween. I didnt like the exorcism though--too hard to have to decide who is right, science or religion. But the guy who debunks things and went on a ghost hunting show was really good. And Kristen's mother falling for Leland is too creepy! She is being used so something can get to those little girls!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I know-----it's only a movie... but it makes me so nervous when Kristin leaves her four little girls in the care of her inebriated mother that sits in another room and doesn't watch them. Kristen, you can't trust her. They may as well be alone.