TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 30, 2019 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My guess is date rape because of her reaction to the picture.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i think he got her pregnant. She appears to be wearing padding and her (young Kate) belly looked big in this ep. I also wondered if he committed suicide

I loved Beth, I cried when she did what Randall's dad told her.

Kevin is so good to people. love him

with the exception of the last scene. Kate continues to suck the life outta the room in every scene. So over her, she makes everything about herself!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Pamy I haven't seen this weeks episode, but I'm with you on the Kate train....so selfish!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, but her parents made her that way. They coddled her, her entire life. They treated her like a fragile egg and never let her deal with things by herself. My parents loved me, but they were not so involved in every aspect of my life. I was a little more careful about how much I told them. They only got the "edited" version of my teenage years.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, my parents let experience life from the age of 15 on. Once I got a job, they would only pay for my school, nothing else. I bought my own clothes and paid for everything else myself. Got a lot of life-lessons that way. No coddling in my family!

Fast forward to when I was 23 and buying a car on payments. I was shocked when they offered to loan me the money without interest instead. I managed making the payments directly to their savings account and told them when it was paid off. Totally unheard of in my family!!

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Randall has always been the reason I watch this show. Kevin has reached that level as well. I really like where is character has gone since Vietnam. And I love that he's not leaving Nicky alone.

Kate - not so much.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I agree that Kate is self centered, but what exactly did the parents do that was so wrong or so different from how they raised the other kids?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Kate didn’t excel in academics or sports like her brothers, and wasn’t as “pretty” as her mom “the singer” - and so maybe she didn’t get the kind of attention she needed. Each child needs to be parented/taught based on who they are and maybe Kate’s insecurity wasn’t fully acknowledged - even if we see moments when it was.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
she started early being jealous of her mom without her mom even knowing

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jack was Kate's champion and idol.

He died after going back into the house to rescue the dog Kate rescued. She blamed herself.

That is one set of issues we know about.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I like your theory about a teen Kate pregnancy. I rather wondered about also as I thought Kate had a bit of "bump".
I really liked Randall at the start of the series but he is beginning to annoy me. He is also rather selfish just in a different way than Kate is selfish. Glad we are seeing a more of Tess and Annie all the Deja focus was unbalanced.
And yes, Deja, your parents do get to be concerned when you are in high school and interested in dating someone with a baby.
Kevin is starting to shine, good for him.
The sooner Toby leaves Kate, the better and get a good custody arrangement for baby Jack.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think Kate will leave Toby. that would make for a good twist. Then Toby gains all the weight back like he did when his first wife left him. Future Toby isn't fit and thin.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Interesting Pamy.
Didn't they say there was only 1 more season of This Is Us?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i thought they were renewed for 3

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They've been renewed through the '21-'22 season, so two more seasons after this.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
For me the elephant in the room is always Kate's weight. I hope we don't have to wait until "the end" to learn about the past and present reasons for it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Randall was very close to his Mom. Kevin (sadly) was never anyone's special favorite. As Sea mentioned, Kate was very close to her Dad. She also felt responsible for his death.

While Jack's death was difficult for all of them, it was especially difficult for Kate.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kevin and Kate were very close. Kate kind of took care of Kevin for a long time as his personal assistant. Remember she called herself his "person."

I agree that Jack's death was especially difficult for Kate. He was her knight in shining armor.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like Sugar's comment above that Kevin "is starting to shine"..... The guy is so good looking, every time he is on the screen my eyes are drawn to him... to the point where I have often wondered if they light the scene explicitly to make him look.... well.... yummy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, I think he is just yummy period. And the fact that he's turning into such a good person makes him even yummier. Love the relationship with him and Nicky. Jack would be proud.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Excellent show last night...... ‘Wait...’. Then, the next morning after seeing his uncle in the kitchen, ‘I should have gone on the hike yesterday’.... then, Randall playing the ‘game’ as his dad explained year’s earlier why he needed to learned to golf growing up. The Kate story was the only one not so interesting. But, Kevin and Randal..... loved it.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That was a good show last night.

Lots of golf.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just like the way the current and past was intertwined in this episode.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I liked the episode.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
best ep in a long time!! soooo Randall was playing down not showing how good at golf he was. loved that moment