TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 03, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Emergence on ABC: Archive through November 03, 2019 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
If anyone who tries to snatch the girl dies, someone should warn the lady from social services who is interested in the girl even if not clear if she's genuine or sent by someone who wants the girl. The lady who talked about the Code needs protection but she won't reveal anything about the girl, if she knew about the code she must know more about her.
The loss of memory could be faked by the girl but what is she afraid of when she has the power to kill whoever tries to take her.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I suspect Piper doesn't realize it is her fear that causes the death/destruction. I forget how old she is but depending on whether the program "matures" as she does it may be that she thinks the occurences as odd but not quite sure she causes it.

Also I think the Social Services lady is really from there but I think she got hired, because she is really part of the bad guys, to monitor the situation with Piper.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo, makes sense. As always I want it to move faster to know more about it, it means I like the show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sadies, that is so cool they are filming next door!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they are filming a Christmas show! so bright outside I tried to take a picture and it just came out white. Oh well, there are a ton of Christmas lights on the house and on my shrubs and trees.

HMM maybe I should have asked for more since they are using my trees. I forgot it was also Monday and had to cancel my roofer, he was coming Monday but they will still be filming, I thing they are taking Sat and Sunday off. Roofer was very nice about it and said he will come the next week. He better be nice about it, this show is paying for half the roof.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They are paying for half your roof??

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I want to see you in one... can you volunteer to be an extra?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree you should ask for more money! first it was just some cameras in your yard NOW it's trees! plus all the inconvenience of not being able to go outside or cough!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well they did pay me 600 for this shoot. but they are leaving wires in my yard until Monday. Personally I didn't care, they spent hundreds getting rid of my poison ivy. they came back to kill it 4 times. they leave the wires way over to the side under the hedge where grass does not grow. and they are quiet walking through the yard.

the total they gave me so far is paying for half of a new garage roof, some branches fell through and put holes in it, so I am having the old roof ripped off, and an new reinforced base, then tiles. next year I will need a new roof on my house, the base is solid there, the roof is just old and time to replace before leaks. Maybe they will film some more next year.

No I can't watch the filming, cough a lot. Still Monday my great niece (3) has a day off school, now she could be an extra. we have been practicing our happy face, sad face and crying on cue - which she is very good at.

Truthfully, I don't spend a lot of time in the back of my yard at night (or most days) unless there is a meteor shower or something. I stick close to the house. the back yard is over 130 feet long. narrow but long.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh that is a good deal then! :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So is your house behind the one where they are filming? Or next door?

I'm glad it's giving you some extra income, just be wary of taxes!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
behind the house where they are filming.
well I will probably have to pay state income taxes for the first time in years. I just don't have that much income.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
How funny, I watched all shows and I can't picture in my mind your house Sadie, I'll have to pay better attention. They're already skipping a show and it will be back next week. Grrr..

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Last night's show had Piper saving herself, Mia and the grandfather from certain death with a truck! So now Mia knows that there is something different about Piper.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I still don't understand how the bad guy wants to use the robot girl, he said, a whole new world, but how? And it seems strange the robot girl isn't aware of her powers, she won't be able to explain it to Mia, all she knows is how to protect herself and the ones she cares about.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
The bad guy must have some way to control her and her powers, but he has to get her trust, is what I am thinking. God only knows what Piper is capable of and how she could be used as a weapon!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Exactly, the lack of clues is to keep us hooked to the show. At least I am impatient to see more.... It's strange how Piper doesn't explain what she sees in her visions, she did try but the police woman doesn't push the girl to say more. I'd keep asking to make the girl talk more.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She doesn't remember. She asked him why but got no answer.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 01, 2019 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey...I just rewatched it, it's (still on my TIVO). Piper told him, "I don't remember you when I go back" and he replied. "This (indicating the two of them and the museum with a hand gesture) "is just for us".

Makes sense I guess since all that vision business was showing us the "back door" of Piper's programming. When I first saw that door in her vision I wondered why they were heading in some kind of fantasy direction. but then it hit me. It's the "back door" that is secretly built into computer programming so the programmer has a secret way to get back into the system and the expert tech-whiz working for the police can find it and get in also. It happens in SO many cop/detective/espionage type shows these days. "Person of Interest" immediately comes to mind. I've seen plenty of shows where they're looking for a killer online, the tech-whiz gets in thru the back door and the killer and tech whiz can communicate with one another but none of the other users on the network can detect them.

I did crack up when I realized they were using an actual door to represent the programming's "back door"! Maybe at some point Piper will need to back herself up and she'll go to what looks like an actual fluffy white cloud!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 01, 2019 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Spunky, "I still don't understand how the bad guy wants to use the robot girl, he said, a whole new world, but how? And it seems strange the robot girl isn't aware of her powers"

If they use a trope that's been around forever, it could be because the guy's daughter was killed, but he was able to transfer her consciousness to a computer or a robot's brain (AKA a computer)...where he can protect her and she'll never grow old or come to any harm.

Of course, he realizes he could tweak her programming to "protect" her...add abilities, shut down, reboot, go to sleep, add WIFI and Bluetooth, builtin modem, etc... But he could could also erase parts of her memory or expand her memory capacity and add things to her memory. She wants to read "Nancy Drew"? He hits "ENTER" and she will have instantly read the entire series.

Btw, these are NOT "spoilers" - just pure speculation on my part and Hollywood seems to be running out of originality!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 01, 2019 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well yes, she got an answer, but no explanation as to why she would not remember.
She certainly is seeing that door often now.

Love the speculation..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 01, 2019 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
ETA - "She certainly is seeing that door often now. "

It dawned on me that as he was trying to access the back door, he needed some kind of response, like when your computer connects to another computer, they "negotiate" before connecting. The other computer needs you permission, first! She got in and connected to him when she responded with three knocks.

-----------

Seamonkey, your response made me think of a possible answer!

When he enters the back door of Piper's OS, and when she responds, she goes blank in the real world, unaware of what's going on around her like she was put into sleep mode just like computers here in RL. Or in her RAM where she is aware, but nothing is being written to a hard drive...until the ENTER button is pressed. You know, like when you write a long post and then an evil tech super villain pops in and unplugs your computer before you've posted. You lose the entire post because it was just in your RAM but not yet written to the hard drive.

He couldn't tell Piper that without revealing to her that she's just a really fancy Roomba. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 01, 2019 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
A really fancy one!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Sanfran… you blow me away!! I couldn't even speculate and you're opening my mind to this intricate computer technology. You're better than their writers!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I always enjoy shows shared with SanFran!