TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Little Mermaid live

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Little Mermaid live users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. Actually liked that they showed the original movie with the live-action stuff.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
uh oh thought it was on tomorrow.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Will there be a repeat? I missed it too. :-(

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I have to come in on the other side. We thought it was beyond boring and uninspired. When they said they were going to mix movie with live, I figured it would be half and half. It was ALL movie, only went live just for the songs. The girl that plays Ariel (she was also Moana) has a great voice but she just sat in one spot for the vast majority and sang so no character, I don’t know who Shaggy is (my husband and daughter are aghast at that lol) but he was NOT up to this style of singing. Queen Latifah was good but messed up a line in a very obvious way. John Stamos was actually our fave and I would NOT have said that going into it. I saw a review at ew and I co-sign every word. I was looking forward to it so it hope others enjoyed it more than I did.

EW Well The Little Mermaid Live! just wasn't much of anything

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thank you very much for starting this thread! :-)

I watched a little of the beginning and have it recorded. Interesting idea mixing the movie and live performances but my impression is they just didn’t try hard enough and there was too little live performance.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I tried to watch a bit and it didn't work for me. I heard ariel hit a few sour notes. I would like to see John STamos sing simply because I know how much he loves Disney (he has a Dumbo ride car in his yard and the giant "D" from the old Disneyland sign). So, I will FF to the John stamos part and enjoy that and forget about the rest.

Years ago they tried to do a Little MErmaid Broadway show. It did a test run in Denver and we saw it and really liked it, but it seems it didn't ever go anywhere.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched a bit, but it was too choppy going from the movie to the musical numbers. Sometimes the background singers overtook the main performers singing to the point that the chorus was all I heard. Granted, I've never seen the Little Mermaid, so I did not really know what was going on. In the end, I turned it off and went to bed instead.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I watched app. 10 minutes of it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Now that I think about it, I think it would have been better if they had done the entire show as a live performance. Yes it would have been difficult and it would have taken more imagination on the part of both the show producers and the viewing audience but I think it would have been much more fun to watch that way.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think a fully live version would have been better. And since it's already been done on a broadway stage they had material to work with. I really don't think they should attempt this format again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, I do have it recorded, but not sure about watching it now.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
One of my favourite things is to watch broadway in our local movie theatre. I would have loved to have seen the broadway version with these performers.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is an enormous amount of fun. There is a High School production of Phantom of the Opera on YouTube and it's amazing.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the singing was awful. It may have sounded good to the live audience but it didn't come across well on tv. Other than Ursula the costumes were dull.

On twitter someone said they spent so much money on Ursula's tentacles that they could spring for even 1 claw for Sebastian LOL

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I recorded it and am watching in small bits and enjoying it very much.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I gave up after 15 minutes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
10 minutes. I realized that I never saw the movie and this was worse.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(Whimpering) As disappointing as it sounds, I'd still like to see it. So... does anyone know if/when it will be repeated?

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Hi Mameblanche: It repeats this Saturday (8pm EST) and Sunday (4:10pm EST) on Freeform in the US. I don’t know about Canada though. Maybe it’s available on demand or for streaming?

An underwhelming production but I felt a little bad for the performers. They’re there to entertain but audiences can really...express their feelings nowadays.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I ought to clarify - I wasn’t referring to the live audience during the show (or comments here, for that matter).

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I also didn’t like it. I watched it with my granddaughter and she also didn’t think it was very good.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, November 09, 2019 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Calamity. Unfortunately I've never heard of the Freefoerm channel and don't think we have it here in Canada.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 09, 2019 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Probably not, though there is or was Spark channel in Canada at some point.

It is part of Disney now.

Honestly, you are not missing anything with this particular program, but I get that it is always better to have a choice to decide for yourself.

link

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, November 10, 2019 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
We do have the Family Channel. :-) Thanks Sea.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, November 10, 2019 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I loved the original movie. I think that makes the difference.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
It made a difference for us Hecka but not in the same way as you. I have a 27 year old redhead/teacher/daughter and her 30 year old CSI/dancing coach/dark haired husband who are Disney ADDICTS!! And their faves are Ariel and Eric because they look like them. Lol My daughter lived and worked at Disneyworld for 4 months during university as part of their international student program. My husband, myself, two daughters, a son in law and three grand daughters just returned from ten days in Disneyworld. We had gone down there to run in the Food and Wine Festival 5km and were watching the show all cuddled in our hotel beds after leaving the parks early to make sure we wouldn’t miss a minute. We are also a family of Broadway/musical nuts so you couldn’t ask for a better target audience. Lol

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Eta I am really glad you enjoyed it though!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched about 3/4 of it last night (will watch the rest today). I thought it was really fun and loved the effects they did for the fish. I was thinking maybe Shaggy didn't want to wear claws? I thought it was a lot of fun, although the singing wasn't perfect (it was a live show, after all). I woke up this morning still singing "Under the Sea."

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I FF through a lot of it last night so I could see John Stamos. What I did see of the other sings was just not good IMO. And his number wasn't very good either. It all seemed under rehearsed and lacking in talent. I love all things Disney, but not this one!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched the last half hour last night. I realized that all the best songs of the movie were in the first hour or so.

Also the young man who played Prince Eric was the same actor who played the son on The Good Wife. I thought he looked familiar!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay! It's being repeated right now on ABC on my tv here in Toronto Canada. Now I can see how dreadful and disappointing it is, for myself. Lol. Actually I am planning to really enjoy this little Disney distraction. Will report back later. :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Could have been a lot better. Could have been a lot worse.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm happy you noticed it was on, Mame! By the time I noticed, it was too late to let you know about it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
No worries Jimmer. DH noticed it was listed earlier today and reminded me about it just in time. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: