TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 22, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 22, 2019 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That would be quite an age gap.

I enjoy all the speculation here. That’s one of the things that makes this show fun to watch.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
maybe Im just hopeful he will get back with Sophie :-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am so weary of Kate, she is exhausting.
I hope Gregory will be able to bring out a kind side of Kate, if she has one. Kate is so selfish and thoughtless I practically cringe when she appears on screen.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I tend to agree with you, Sugar. Kate's been coddled her whole life, first by her dad, then by her mom. And now poor Toby does everything he can to try to make her happy, but she just never is. Kate needs to be in serious therapy. She is exhausting.

Pamy, that bridge with Sophie has been burned beyond repair. Kevin needs to move on, hopefully with Emma Swan (can't remember her name on this show, but she'll always be Emma Swan to me).

I think the teenage kids are so adorable. Sweet Randall and beautiful young Kate (teenage Kevin wasn't in this episode, except on the phone message).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am liking Jack's brother too. When he opened up about why he had the trailer, I teared up. So broken and alone....

I can do without Kate, but I like Toby. Randall's daughters appear to have some real life problems now that they have moved to the city. They were pretty sheltered before.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And I forgot to mention that I got a kick out of teenage Kate watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on TV. I've been watching that show on Hulu (never watched it when it was on). It's fun!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My DD was/is a big Buffy fan (we've watched all the episodes) so she'll enjoy seeing that! Buffy was a fun ground breaking show when it first aired.

Wow am I ever loving this season. The writing has improved back up to season one standards. All the characters are being fully used and the stories are interconnecting beautifully.

I liked that they made Beth's mother a good person after all the awfulness from Jack and Rebecca's parents. Another lousy parent would have been too much.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree that this season is better than the last couple. learning why he got the trailer hhas me warming to Nikky. I love Kevin more and more!! love that he bought the traiiler to live there!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I finally got started on the season and agree that it is going well.

Besides things mentioned here, I loved the scenes where we saw that Rebecca's parents were not thrilled with her choice of Jack, Beth's mother not thrilled with Randall, and now Beth and Randall are giving the eye to this guy.. with a daughter! who has caught Deja's eye!

The female vet has a son, so that is a potential step-son for Kevin.

I have concern for Chrissy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too, Sea. I worry for her health. She just looks so uncomfortable in her own body.

Deja's friend seems like a good kid who made a mistake, but is now taking responsibility beyond his years. That shows a lot of character. I hope Randall and Beth will come to see that. (Reminds me of the storyline on Seventh Heaven when Mary was dating the boy with a son.)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But.. The friend with the daughter was also talking to the man who seemed involved in illegal activities about how he needed more money than he could make at his father's garage legitimately, and how pre kindergarten was $10k.

So, while it is great that he wants to do right by his daughter, he might be over reaching and perhaps not listening to his father, who seems to have walked both sides of that street and chosen the legal route.

So, there is some reason for concern.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree Babyjmom.

Sea, I forgot about that. hope he doesnt get his kid shot by doing something shady even if he is doing it to help his family

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know, I feel protective! I wanted to jump in and tell him to listen to his dad!

I have been watching Boy Makes Man on OWN and that has terrifying moments, so I did not want to see this young man go the wrong way.

Deja I would think would set him straight.

And, sorry, pre K for 10k?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I remember a case a few years ago where a man and his tiny infant son were killed by gang members. Don't remember the details, but the fact that someone could point a gun at an infant in a baby carrier and pull the trigger is horrifying.

I also was hoping Jason Ritter would stick around for a while, but I guess he has other places to be. [Off topic, I've been watching old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and came across an episode guest starring John Ritter. It was so bittersweet to see his face again. Even seeing Jason on screen makes me a little sad, cause he looks so much like his dad. Another one gone too young.]

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I guess you’re referencing Jason Ritter’s appearance in A Million Little Things?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the boy that Kate meets at the record store, where have we seen him before?

when he turned around it just made me think we should know who this kid grows up to be

i know the actor in from Euphoria

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know Austin Abrams from "The Walking Dead". He played a boy named Ron. Here are photos from some of his scenes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/characters/nm3641002#photos

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I forgot about that, he was a little dbag IIRC, the brother of the little kid that carol made cookies for right?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, horrible. He's the one that blinded Carl when Michonne stabbed him.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 20, 2019 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oohh that's right!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Sea - my son's daycare was $15,548/yr as an infant and just over $10,000/yr by the time he was in the 4 yr old/Pre-K class. And prices have risen since then.... it would be even higher in other suburbs in the DC area.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oops, Jimmer, I was mixing up my shows! I was just over in the Million Little Things thread and wondered why my comment wasn't there. D'oh! {facepalm}

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Really good episode tonight! Loved Rebecca's speech to the "three".

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes. Have to watch it again. Next week looks interesting too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder what Kate-aged-17's boyfriend did to her.