TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 11, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 11, 2019 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A person can carry a lot of weight when they’re young (being young lets you get away with a lot) but that catches up quick on them when they get into their forties and older.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Chrissy is 39. Too much weight for any age.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My nephew just had a major heart attack at the age of 37. Being young does not make you immune. And no, he is not obese.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
So I just came in to weigh in on the show itself, I thought last week's episode was great! I know some said they didn't cover new things, but I feel like they did, I feel like they went into more depth on things that they had touched on before.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Right Strategist, they have episodes like the first, then start filling in the gaps and background for the viewer to begin pulling it all together without giving too much away. That's actually something I like about this show. Without the first episode, I would not pay attention to some of the things that happened in the 2nd... like Daja taking a picture of the boy in the garage. I like having some idea where we are headed, in order to enjoy the journey getting there.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird...I totally agree....

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Absolutely. The way that the show's present day is framed with flashbacks and flash forwards is key to what makes it so entertaining and intriguing.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
And totally apropos of nothing, unless you were a HOUSE fan, I was absolutely tickled to see both Jennifer Morrison and Omar Epps in the season opener. Doubly thrilled about Jennifer since she also starred in Once Upon a Time. Anyhow I don't expect their storylines to cross.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
oooooohhhh, I didn't make that connection!!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes I like Jennifer Morrison and I think she is a great addition to an already strong cast. Was Omar Epps in House?

ETA: OMG he played one of the doctors. I loved that character. I can't believe I didn't recognize him!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, they were 2 of the original 3 that worked under House. The third doctor is on Chicago Fire (NBC).

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
what a great episode!

Loved all the bonding moments - Deja and Tess, Kate and the Neighbor, Randall and Kevin and Kate as kids in the bedroom, Kevin and Nicky and Cassidy at the AA meeting

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. This week’s episode was an amazing piece of writing. They included every major character, carefully intertwining and juxtaposing their lives. I can’t believe how much they fit into that episode and it was done in a seemingly effortless and relaxed manner. Brilliant!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Hadn't gotten into this thread yet today, but I enjoyed the episode, as well. Kevin, Nicky and Cassidy at the AA meeting was funny. Liked that Kate started walking around the block with her neighbor. He's one of my favorite actors, so hope we see more of him.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
https://www.today.com/popculture/psych-actor-timothy-omundson-joins-us-2-years-after-having-t164179

And he suffered a stroke 2 years ago.... the This is Us role was written specifically for him. That's cool.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
It's on the DVR..after reading all of this, I can't wait to watch!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that link, Kookliebird! I thought he looked familiar, but couldn't place him. I love when shows cast actors with "challenges." It's so encouraging that life goes on after a serious illness or an accident.

I loved that he and Kate were walking buddies. I walked for miles and miles after I had my son, trying to lose the baby weight. Didn't work, but I really enjoyed pushing that baby stroller. My dream come true!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My mom had a massive stroke. I googled him because I thought his portrayal was extremely realistic. I am now wondering if his walking is still really impacted by the stroke.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
This was the best episode!!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Did anybody hear what Kate and the neighbor said to each other at the very end of the show, as they were walking together?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She said something like "I walk slowly too," and he made a joke about them being something like a dynamic duo, something like that.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kitt. I played it twice and was not sure exactly what they said.

It looks like they are going to be friends.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I think we are starting to see the disintegration of Kate and Toby's marriage. They are drifting apart and no longer have a weight battle in common as a focal point of their relationship.
Kate is a lot of work and very self-centered. Toby is going to get tired of that and she is going to bond with the neighbor.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was just glad to see that Toby had a job!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved little Kevin going to Randall !!! and I love how firm he got with Nicky!! I think the new girl will be Nicky's gf not Kevins.