TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 16, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Emergence on ABC: Archive through October 16, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe time for a thread?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ABC released the first 9 minutes of their new show
Emergence which premieres Sept 24.

It looks interesting! It's mystery/sci-fi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1kCduUgLv8

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 1:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
heh they are shooting another scene from emergence in my neighbor's yard, which beans a few hundred for me for letting them put up cameras in my yard.
I guess I should negotiate harder and get a role heh.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's so cool, Sadies. Will you be able to share with us what you saw?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That would be so much fun to see. We see the occasional productions here, but not in our backyard!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the last time they filmed at 3 am, I could see nothing, I was up and watching, but there are lots of trees and shrubs in my yard and then the garage was there too. they asked we not go into our yard while they were filming.
if I went out the front and walked around the block the police were blocking the street.
sorry will probably see nothing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they filmed today again, but I could not see what they were ding, I saw them rehearsing a young girl. but they said to stay in the house when they are filming because they did not want to catch my cough on the film. it is pretty loud.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Emergence was pretty good though not exactly groundbreaking. Prodigal Son was okay too. I’ll give them both a couple more episodes to see where they go with the stories.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Monday, September 30, 2019 - 8:54 pm

Watched Emergence, Evil, Stumptown and Prodigal Son.
Emergence made me think of Manifest and some other show that I cannot think of.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I thought Emergence was in the sci-fi discussion but apparently it's not. It's getting really intriguing but now we know the child is a robot and I would have preferred the mystery to go on a bit longer. What would the cop woman do now that she knows? I don't mind the actress, but somehow I would have preferred a woman with a bit more charisma to play the role.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Do we know she is a robot? Cyborg? Enhanced human?

We could start a new thread if you like. Feel free to do so!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just watched the three episodes and here is the thread.

I found it far fetched but like the people, so far.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for setting this up, Sea. It’s fairly similar to some other similar sci-fi shows but I think the characters, actors and writing are better than average. I like the characters and that’s a major part of keeping my interest.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. Likeability is lacking in so many tv characters (same with books).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The good news is that so far the ratings for this show have been going up every week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a good thing, I hope.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think the little girl is a robot, but she is somehow technically enhanced. Robots don't run a fever.

Enjoying this show so far. Also agree that most of the characters are likable. I like how the sheriff looks like a real person, rather than a skinny supermodel. She's a good actress, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love the sheriff for those reasons and that she is normal, sarcastic and while she is drawn into the mystery, she is not so obsessed that she loses track of her normal life, except missing that her dad didn't get good news from the oncologist, which Piper knew, even before he got the results.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Robots don't run a fever. "

Babyjaxmom, my toaster gets stressed and runs a fever every time I make toast, so maybe a robot can run a fever under stress, too! :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
They advertise this show on all sorts of channels.

Robots don't run fevers - well my cell phone burned up and died when I was in the middle of a trip and lost. My computer runs hot some times and I turn it off and let it cool down.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wait til the toaster or phone flips over your car...

Or magnetizes the world..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"They advertise this show on all sorts of channels.
"

That's something to keep an eye out for. I had seen an ad for Emergence and set a season pass on my TIVO, but I set it for the Freeform channel, per the ad, and where the first couple of episodes aired. The third episode didn't show up in my to be recorded list.

I did a little research it was one of those situations when they premiere a new series on several channels at once to get you see it, but then it finds it's regular home on just one of those channels. This time the magic "real" channel was ABC.

I was lucky to catch it when I did...I just happened to check what was airing that night just a few minutes before I realized my TIVO was NOT going to record it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 14, 2019 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
But I still don't understand if it's 'man made' or some alien intervention. Usually there are some weird enterprises aimed at manipulating humans and synthetic forms and may have nothing to do with alien intelligence. That alone will keep me interested to see what happens. The girl Piper seems very aware of the good and evil and wants protection from the caring woman and how long this will be allowed to go on and on what justification, and when or if those 'evil' social services will snatch the girl, all things that aren't clear but keep the show intriguing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
fyi if you like this show, they are filming another episode this weekend. so that bodes well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, the preview I heard last night said she was made. Interesting.