TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 08, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through October 08, 2019 users admin

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
New on Netflix....UNBELIEVABLE
Excellent. About a serial rapist with 2 female lead detectives.
1st episode a little slow but important as it sets up the series....gets better in 2nd episode where we start seeing more of the female detectives...….excellent ending, very satisfying.
Highly recommend.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Boberg, I binged the first 4 episode last night. Wow, it's good! The cast is amazing....Toni Collette, Merritt Weaver (She was Zoe on "Nurse Jackie), Kaitlyn Dever (Youngest daughter on sitcom "Last Man standing). When her character was being questioned by the police, I've never seen anyone portray such severe emotional pain on her face that I was feeling it myself.

The way the links are joined to connect the rapes to one person is fascinating. I had to force myself to stop at ep 4 just to get some sleep. There are 8 eps all together.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree, Boberg and Naja. Hard to watch at times, but very compelling. And it is a true story! What happened to Kaitlyn's character was horrible. I knew she had major acting chops when I first saw her on Justified.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I just finished Unbelievable...binged all 8 episodes today. Wow, had me crying so much! And to know that this was based on a true story affected me even more.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Unbelieveable ~ DITTO to everything Boberg and Naja said above. The first episode was hard to get through and there are times later where it slows down but overall, a very well told story and based on a true one. I did not intend to binge it but wanted so badly to know the outcome that I ended up finishing it in 2 days.

But fair warning, like with OITNB, if you find truth to be troublesome today, you probably won't like this show either.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Wow! What a gripping story. Unbelievable is excellent.

This is absolutely the kind of thing that typically happens when you grow up as a foster child in "the system". It's really so upsetting.

I'm only on episode 4, but I have to stop now. Gotta get up early for work. Tomorrow, I am working in a community where about 30% of the population is living in poverty and almost 50% of families with children are single parent led. I will definitely hold this story in my heart.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 3:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja.....I could not remember where I knew Merritt Weaver from; I liked her character on "Nurse Jackie".

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Yesterday I tried to watch Nurse Jackie, but it wasn't for me.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I remember chipping in for banners, lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Maris, I think that your post was meant for the live feed thread :-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying The Frankenstein Chronicles...if 'enjoy' is the right word. Nobody does atmosphere as well as the Brits.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Started watching Unbelievable today. Best series I've watched in some time. Made it through 4 episodes today and hate that I have to break to go out for the evening. Hoping I can make time to watch the remaining 4 episodes tomorrow.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
What’s the premise Snoop?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Egbok and Brenda I did watch the rest of OINB. Geez what a downer. The only ones who came out OK were Gloria and Flores. I could have done with a lot less of Piper and Alex and more of the other characters.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
For anyone watching Unbelievable and want a little more depth... a few years ago the This American Life podcast did an episode on the case including quite a lot of perspective from the real Maria and her two (at the time) closest friends.

Anatomy of Doubt from THIS AMERICAN LIFE

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, Unbelievable is about 2 female detectives who start working together to solve the case(s) of a serial rapist.
There is an underlying story line of one of the victims whose rape claims were doubted, so she claimed she made the story up.
It's very good and based on a true story. There are several posts above about it.
Want to watch the rest of it today, but doubt I'll have time. Watching the Pats game now, and then I think it will be nap time because I'm coming down with a cold.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We are discussing it at the top of this thread as well.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Unbelievable was very good. I love shows with strong female leads.

I think it would have been dishonest if OITNB ended with happy endings for many. It's just not the reality of having served time. It's hard to transition out, stay clean, get over the stigma and the expense of being on probation if you don't have a lot of solid support.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
One thing I learned on OITNB,I had no idea they had expenses with their probation.

I’m not sure if I want to start something as heavy as a rape storyline right now but I will keep it in mind since it’s getting good reviews from TVCH.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The Netflix show about Inside Bill Gates Brain is very good too. 3 episodes. I found the first 2 the most interesting and moving. It's worth a look.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Anyone have any comments on the new series, "The Politician?"

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Chieko, it starts on Friday. I will check it out.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Rieann. I think I will, too.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just started 1st episode of Raising Dion but the kid is annoying me. I may give it oneore episode.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Chieko..............I loved it and want Season II asap.The longer you watch the better it gets...trust me. Please post your thoughts once you finish binging !