TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 06, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through October 06, 2019 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow I did not notice that! I'll have to look more closely next time.

I'm always happy to see these actors getting more work.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
We have Dish and I just went and looked and Fox is still there. That is one reason we dropped DirectTV, their fight with Fox went on for many months. Might still be going for all I know.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Hey Lazylu...I haven't checked since the weekend, I'll take a look in a few minutes...thank you for the heads up

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Nope...must just be with our area...still removed.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
That's strange. It is channel 28 on our Dish.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
KTTV brings us Fox, and that's who the issue is with. But I'm getting ready to go eat lunch so I'll see what I can find on the guide. :-)

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I recorded Prodigal Son last night on my DVR. I guess my dvr is messed up so it is all pixelated and I can't really watch it. Ugh!
I agree with the Silence of the Lambs vibe.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The Neighborhood is a comedy that really grew on me last season. It is my fav comedy next to Young Sheldon

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Whew, I was able to watch the last half. And, I had made a guess on the first episode and am thinking I may be right!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I watched the premier of Evil tonight. Whew!! I was going to say this show will be way too dark for me to watch again, but the ending turned it around. I may watch again.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK finally saw my yard in Emergence. very weedy and over grown. My neighbors have cut down almost all their trees, so all the trees and ivy and weeds are mine.
they told me to leave the lights on in my house and then they said never mind, so I noted the lights for the house in the background, right distance wrong windows. the bay window is there, but the bathroom window is missing and the two windows in the den are now one. Also While it is my neighbors house they live in with some artistic changes which threw me. the houses next to it are not the the ones shown on TV. someone tore down the same kind of houses ( actually the home Annie Oakly built was torn down in the middle of the night 10 years ago) and replaced them with brick boxes. So I guess they switched other houses in digitally.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, that's kind of wild! Sounds like they digitally enhanced it a lot.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The amount of CGI in shows now that isn't some sort of notable special effect is amazing. I'd forgotten that Emergence was the show you mentioned earlier, Sadiesmom. Very Cool!

I enjoyed the second episode. The story seems fairly typical for that genre but the writing, the characters and the acting are good.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
hey if this show is a success, I am looking forward to more money being made if they film more in the back yard.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Just watched the second episode of Emergence on-line. Thank goodness ABC allows them to be watched so quickly! No commercials either. We had bad weather last night so lost half the show. Now, I will plan on watching the next day on-line, instead.
OK, I really did enjoy this episode. Unfortunately, it is Passage-esque so thinking it will only be one season. I love all of the actors so that makes me sad. The characters look and act like normal people. A good show to watch.
Love all the trees etc, @Sadiesmom !

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sadie, that is cool!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm...I've noticed some confusing news about Emergence.

Wikipediea shows only 4 episodes listed for Emergence:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence_(TV_series)#Episodes

IMDB.COM also lists Emergence as having just 4 episodes.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9169658/episodes?ref_=tt_ov_epl

It's just odd that a new show starts, people seem to like it, but everywhere I look I see there are only 4 episodes listed for it and no explanation why.

What did I miss?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, I checked a few new shows, and they have very few listed, also.

Like "Stumptown". It only has 4 listed as well. I'm guessing it's not unusual.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10313066/episodes?season=1

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Mixed-ish also only has 4 episodes listed. Interesting the father on Mixed-ish is played by Mark-Paul Gosselaar who was also on The Passage. I would not have recognized him.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think that's how they sometimes do it. They film four episodes first, so the network can decide whether to order 13, and then they decide on the back 10 (or 9 or whatever) when they see how the viewers like it.

Pretty sure the decision for eps 5-13 would have already been made (and most of the eps filmed) by now, just for some reason no one has updated the show on imdb.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I sorta watched Mixed-ish. Not bad. Love, love, love Mark Paul Gosselaar, always Zach to me. He's perfect as the younger father of Rainbow.

Stayed up late to watch Stumptown. While I really want to like this one, the first episode was a bit odd to me. Also, they really don't need Dex to fight everyone to make this a hit. I will check out the remaining episodes.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Almost a Family is another one I like. Genetic manipulation by the same scientist and complete strangers are sisters and brothers, a bit funny!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Only saw episode 3 of Unicorn and liked it. Not sure how they will be able to sustain the storyline.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I liked it too. An original concept ripped from the headlines.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, October 06, 2019 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I watched a trailer for Star Trek: Picard on CBS All access that looks pretty good. It premieres Jan.23. It has several of the original cast on it.