TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 05, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 05, 2019 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kate looks bigger than when Veruca Salt blew up like a blueberry in Willie Wonka. I swear she is wearing extra padding

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They said Kate was eating because of the stress, so perhaps she will get better and they will lose the character's weight/actress' padding over the course of the season.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
The actor playing Toby never wore his fat suit in public or at least hasn't recently, so I really don't think she is. She looks just as large on talk shows. I know the producers are allegedly monitoring her, but if your job is based, among other things, on you being fat, wouldn't that make you want to stay large? I worry about her health.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I hope Chrissie has been wearing a fat suit for interviews on talk shows at least during the past year. She has appeared HUGE, not fat, extremely obese. If it's real weight it is endangering her health even if she is closely monitored.

If the weight for the show is padded, do the producers think the viewing public couldn't accept her difference in weight between real for interviews and padded for This Is Us? Is it that important that both have to be the same?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can’t imagine why she would wear a fat suit for real life appearances. Chris Sullivan doesn’t wear one.

Love the show but I found this week’s episode a little dull after the very interesting season premiere. They didn’t cover much new ground.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
From the December 12, 2016 Critics Choice Awards

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4023418/amp/This-star-Chrissy-Metz-turns-heads-Critics-Choice-Awards-colorful-floral-themed-gown.html

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Is there a more recent one to compare to?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Here is one of her at the 2019 Emmy Awards.

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a29112398/chrissy-metz-dress-emmys/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
A little hard to tell, but it does look like she has gained weight in the past three years.

I worry.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Because she's starring in a very popular TV show, does that make weight like this OK even if she's being closely watched.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not sure whether it's "OK" is for anyone to judge. It's her life to live, whether it's healthy or not (which obviously, it isn't).

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I don't think anyone is judging. I think we are all expressing genuine concern for her health and hope to hell she isn't being encouraged to stay at an unhealthy weight for her job.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Personally, I worry about her health too. She has an addiction to food. Only she can make the decision to do something about it. I hope she does.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don’t think anyone is being mean. I like shows that have characters and actors that are different than the typical Hollywood stars.

I’m sure the show wouldn’t care if she lost weight. They could either write it into the show or just use padding and makeup if they wanted her character to remain the same.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Texannie, I agree. This weight is not good for her health.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I agree there's a lot of reason to worry about her health, and I know that is everyone's concern, but we have to be careful with questions like "is it ok" because that's really none of our business. Just trying to be respectful of everybody's feelings and making sure no one feels judged.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sometimes actors dramatically change their body to perform certain roles. It often involves significant weight gain or loss or intense workouts, etc.

The bottom line is it is their body so they should be able to do what they want with it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I suppose it's how you look at it. If you think it's an addiction, like any other addiction, I would think "not ok" is appropriate?

I know we can be sensitive about these things, so all I want to do is express my concern because I *like* the actress.

I have a dear, lifelong friend who is obese. She keeps going to the doctor for her knees, her hernia, her pain in her feet, her inability to sleep, her apnea....

Why am I the *only* *one* who said to her - "I love you, but all these things, they are not your problem. Your problem is your weight, and your weight is causing all these other problems. If you really want all of this to stop, that's what you have to look at."

I told her it was not okay with me. That I couldn't keep listening to her complain about all those other things and not tell her the truth. And that it's not okay, because it hurts ME to see her like this.

It's not okay. It may be her choice. But it's not okay.

Granted, I don't have a relationship with this actress, so I am more circumspect about my view on her weight.

But it's not healthy. No matter what anyone says.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I want to get into this on a tv thread so this will be my last comment on it, but it's different saying something as a caring friend, than it is to makes comments about an actress you don't know. Even if you care about the character and by extension the actress.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Just to be clear, when I say something is "not okay", it's not about judgment.

It is about saying that whatever it is is just not good for you. Yes, you can choose to live your life however, but I think it's fair to say some things are pretty universally "not okay' as in "not good for you."

Whether it's being obese, or illegal drug use, or smoking cigarettes, or drinking yourself to oblivion every night (even if you don't drive).

I am the FIRST to say that addiction, especially food addiction, is tough to fight. I don't judge. I just care.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought when the show first started they said that part of her contract was to lose weight. they even wrote bypass surgery into the storyline. I wonder if the actress real life docs wouldnt do surgery and so they changed up that storyline.

Im sorry, but I dont know why we have to tip toe around her weight. she is ridiculously huge. If that is judging so be it. I have never seen anyone as big as she is. It is almost painful to watch her. I cant imagine how hard it must be just to get around and do everyday things.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Pamy.

If she's not wearing a fat suit, are show producers asking her to keep the weight (gain?) or writing the show around whatever Chrissie does? TIU is in it's 4th season. Producers planning on only 5 or 6 seasons. If Chrissie is the same weight when the series ends, then what? If she wants to act, roles are going to be extremely limited if any. She doesn't have to be almost undernourished as some celebs are today. She is now extremely obese.

Kate's weight is "the elephant in the room" which the producers put in front of us. You can't miss it. It comes up in storylines. I'm interested in how all the characters develop -- including Kate. Kate and Chrissie live in that body.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I heard that as well. And thank you for saying something.... it is hard for me to watch her, she looks so uncomfortable in her body.

I know that if you are to get bypass surgery some doctors make you lose weight before they will do the surgery, at least that is what happened with my friend.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes they do, my friend had to lose 30 lbs before they would do it

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It is very dangerous to operate on someone who is so overweight. Doctors will often try to get patients to lose a little weight before any kind of surgery, just to reduce the risks.

I feel so bad for Chrissy whenever I see her onscreen. I know how hard it is to lose weight, when we can't just stop eating. I do fear for her health and in fact, her life. She's such a pretty girl, too.