TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Prodigal Son

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Prodigal Son users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This is the first show of the new season to be picked up for a full season. It does remind us a lot of Silence of the Lambs, but the cast is so outstanding we can't look away. I didn't recognize Tom Payne (from The Walking Dead) at first, just thought he was really familiar. And Michael Sheen does creepy really well (watch Good Omens on Amazon for a treat).

https://www.eonline.com/news/1080388/prodigal-son-is-the-first-2019-new-fall-tv-show-to-get-a-full-season

Ugh! Does anybody proof-read anymore? The above linked article says that "Martin Sheen" stars as the psycho doctor. It is Michael Sheen, not Martin.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Very reminiscent of Silence of the Lambs. Not my favorite new show but I'll keep watching.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Something completely shallow, but I found it hard to believe they could find a haircut that could make someone as handsome as Tom Payne look bad, but they managed in the pilot. Thankfully they had fixed it in episode two.

This reminds me of the very arty show from last season or the one before. It might have been based on Silence of the Lambs or similar. That was done so well, at least in the first season, that I'm finding this a pale comparison right now. I like it for what it is, but notice what it isn't.

Hannibal, that was the show. So yes to Silence of the Lambs.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hannibal was very good. Very dark and moody with great acting and atmosphere. I agree that this pales in comparison. It's Hannibal light.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I knew the Mom was squirrely and had something to hide! By the way everything she says is carefully worded, not only do I think she knew her husband was a serial killer, I think she helped him in some ways. Maybe she helped hide bodies, or even helped find victims. And maybe her anger isn't because she was married to a serial killer, but instead that he got himself caught. Or, anger that he let the son find out he was a killer. Either way, Mom is nuts as well.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 14, 2019 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, the mom has secrets too and good for the son who now has an idea from his nightmares and I'm curious to see how he confronts her. That father and son have this murderous mind which keeps them to seek each other and this keeps the viewer interested in the interaction between father and son. Obviously the son uses his mind for murders to solve them while his father as the serial killer gives the son unexpected clues. It's an interesting combination.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Still watching this show?? Contrary to other new shows, this one still keeps me interested. Can't wait for more clues as to the mystery of the body in the box.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We are still watching, Spunky. Love the cast, and the twists and turns. But when Malcolm got blasted with the drugs, I thought they should have taken him to the hospital rather than just take him home. They had no idea what he got blasted with, and the hospital has antidotes that would have helped him more than "just drink a lot of water."

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It helped the story, since it could have been an allucinogen drug, a psychoactive agent so that he could see moments of his past and seeing himself as the father and the son. It's really a weird show but attention grabber.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 12, 2021 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, Alan Cumming is joining this show!!! We love him!!! 🥰😍

https://www.eonline.com/news/1257847/meet-prodigal-sons-newest-arrival-a-larger-than-life-detective-with-an-eye-on-the-whitlys

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: