TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 01, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 01, 2019 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah. For example, as much as I loved Roger Ebert’s movie reviews, I always thought he gave away too much of the plot.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Three minute worth of time for This Is Us preview includes promo for for new show Perfect Harmony and commercials. Not much preview.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not much preview, just flashes of last and future faces mostly.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Anyonw understand who these other people are?

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I don’t recognize most of these people. If it weren’t for Jack I would think I wasn’t watching the right show.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I was getting annoyed over all the time wasted on new characters, and found the time line very choppy. Glad they tied up the loose ends, but would have preferred the focus to be on the characters we already know.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. Part of the fun of the show is their introduction of initially puzzling “new” characters who eventually are revealed to be relatable. I liked seeing “young” Jack as an adult. I’m still baffled about who the young woman in the military is though I guess she may relate to Nicky.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Exactly. The young blind guy is Kate & Toby's son. Who is the young military woman? How does she fit in?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed tonight's episode and just went with the flow of the new storylines being shown. I had a feeling we would get an understanding of whom was who by the end of the episode.

I'm guessing the young military woman will become someone important in Nicky's life. They will probably help each other sort their demons out.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I loved the show! The new people had me puzzled but wow!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
They did it again. They fooled me again They slipped into the future and then back-tracked to introduce the characters.

Good Job!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was confused by all the new characters and trying to figure out WTH was going on, but then they finally tied it together at the end. I got goosebumps when I finally figured out the blind guy was little Jack. That was a pretty cool song he sang at the end.

So glad this show is back.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I liked the song. I wonder if it's available somewhere?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, one of these? Link

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
My thoughts - as much as I would like Kevin to reconnect with Sophie, my instinct is saying the young military woman will eventually marry (or have a baby with) Kevin after having Nicky as the connection. (Kevin has to come bail out Nicky)

Love that Omar Epps is on the show! (Father of "Malik" who will be connecting with Deja)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like Sophie too but that sounds like a great prediction, Legalboxer. I love how this show has so many great actors and interesting characters.

Thanks Colordeagua!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
loved it. was that Rebecca's old song? she had said something about one day being on the big stage and then showed Jack singing on big stage..i took it as a full circle moment of him singing her song

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anyone think Malik looks just like Poussey from OITNB? I even checked IMDB to see if they were brother and sister - they are not.

I think the military woman (Jennifer Morrisson) will be Jack (Jr)'s mother too.

I thought Jack's (original Jack) behaviour with Rebecca's parents was a little out of character. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it, just didn't seem like the very reserved early Jack we'd seen before.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jacks mother is Kate. I also think Jennifer Morrison’s character will be the mother of Kevins eventual son. I guessed immediately that the blind guy was Kate andTobys son, Jack. He looked so much like Milo.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes... I thought we saw a child of Kevin's in the finale last season, did I imagine that?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Not at all. Kevin has a son who looks a lot like him and Sophie, though a good theory now is that he may be the son of Kevin and the military woman who was just introduced in the season opening episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah thanks. I was confused and thought that son we saw was called Jack, and therefore thought the blind Jack we're seeing was Kevin's (and probably the military woman's too). But yes, Jack was Kate and Toby's, I get it now.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm bad. I just rewatched the show. I must have slept through a chunk towards the end of it. I missed . . . .

Info about Blake Stadnik who plays Jack, Kate & Toby's grown son. Link

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love that they hired a blind actor for the role

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So, looks like they are letting "Toby" show his weight loss for real.