TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 28, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 28, 2019 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is a nice chart. Thanks for the link!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
VUDU's very first original series premiered tonight and it's free. You just have to create an account.

Mr. Mom

This modern take on the classic '80s film follows a mom who is reentering the workforce and a dad who decides it's his turn to stay at home with the kids. What could possibly go wrong? New episodes every Thursday!

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/Mr-Mom-Season-1/1136791

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank you for trying :-)

I finished the first 2 eps of Mr. Mom on FREE VUDU, and it looks very promising and funny. The first 2 eps are still covering the events that lead to the dad becoming a stay at home dad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight is "The Roast of Alec Baldwin"
on Comedy Central.

I love Alec as well as the raunchy comedy of roasts, so I know I'll enjoy it.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Kitt, thanks so much for the chart. I've been using it this week.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. It's a really helpful one, there's a lot of new stuff right now!

So far I've tried Emergence and liked it, and Prodigal Son and liked it.

I've taped the two new legal dramas from Monday but haven't watched them yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The premiere of "Evil" was GREAT last night!

It's on CBS and the "about" says:

Evil is a psychological mystery that examines the origins of evil along the dividing line between science and religion. The series focuses on a skeptical female psychologist who joins a priest-in-training and a carpenter as they investigate the Church's backlog of unexplained mysteries, including supposed miracles, demonic possessions, and hauntings. Their job is to assess if there is a logical explanation or if something truly supernatural is at work.

Last night there were a couple good scares, too! I had to cover my eyes.

eta: Rotten Tomatoes has it at 83% so far.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I have this on my DVR, Naja...looking forward to checking it out.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. Evil was awesome. Interesting story and characters and some good scares.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I videoed all those and haven't watched a single one yet!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched 4 sitcom premieres last night and only one of them was good.

Carol's Second Act on CBS

It stars Patricia Heaton as Carol - A 50-something woman starting her second career in life as a Doctor. The pilot ep is her first day as an intern at Loyola Memorial Hospital.

It's pretty fun and the best one I watched last night.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Naja, which others ones did you watch?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Cass_cat,

The Unicorn CBS: Widower with kids starts dating. It stars Walton Goggins and Rob Corrdry.

Perfect Harmony NBC: A drunken ex-music professor from Princeton stumbles into becoming the leader of a small church choir that is very out of tune. It stars Bradley Whitford.

Sunnyside NBC: A shamed ex-councilman in NYC decides to help immigrants become citizens. It stars Kal Penn.

All just mediocre, not horrible. IMO:-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Anyone watched sumptown? It got really good reviews from just about all the critics. I found it OK.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
I'll give sumptown one more try. Not that impressed.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it yet but I'm planning to watch. Like Lakecat said, it's got good reviews but who knows?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had no idea what you guys were talking about. So I looked at last night's guide and I think you mean Stumptown. Didn't watch it, and probably won't.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh sorry, Stumptown, not Sumptown. Certainly a totally different character than on How I Met Your Mother. I’ll give it another try. Evil sounds interesting. I hope I can get it to re play.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Evil was pretty good. I like the main characters.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am finally watching the new season first episode of 9-1-1.... Love that show!

Have recorded the new eps of The Good Doctor, The Resident, This is Us, Emergence, New Amsterdam, Chicago Med, Grey's Anatomy, A Million Little Things.

Whew.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Watched Evil and I really liked it. Good actors, believable and interesting characters to me, interesting plot line and also interesting backgrounds........Kristin's home almost under a train overpass, her therapist's office, ect. Not just studio sets. It kept my attention which is hard to do. Of the comedies, I did what many of you did, recorded them all and the only one that kept my interest was Perfect Harmony. We shall see. I meant to record Stumptown but forgot. I'll try again next week.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, September 28, 2019 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I watched some of the new shows this week.

Bob hearts Abishola - Unfortunately, I missed the beginning, but what I saw I thought was cute...and I like cute sitcoms. :-)

The Unicorn - Thought it was okay, but I'm wary. For me, it depends what direction it goes... cute or raunchy. I thought it kind of touched on both.

Carol's Second Act - I didn't love this, but it might grow on me once I stop thinking of her as Frankie Heck. lol

Stumptown - I liked it. I doubt it'll be "must see" for me, but I enjoyed it enough to watch again. I liked the main character.

All Rise - I liked it. Of all the new shows I watched this week, this one had me fully engaged all episode. I was instantly interested in the case of the week, and I liked the main character.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 28, 2019 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Stumptown. Lots of action and quick dialogue and likeable characters. As Whrlwnd mentioned, I liked the main character. She reminded me a little of the crazy guys in Lethal Weapon.