TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 12, 2019 users admin

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
That sounds HYSTERICAL!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"BH90210" starts tonight, Aug 7, on FOX.

Gabrielle Carteris Shannen Doherty Jennie Garth

(2019-)The original cast members of the groundbreaking teen drama "Beverly Hills, 90210" get back together to play heightened versions of themselves in this serialized drama that is inspired by their real lives and relationships with each other. Having gone their separate ways since the original series ended, Shannen, Jason, Jennie, Ian, Gabrielle, Brian, and Tori reunite when one of them suggests it's time to get a "Beverly Hills, 90210" reboot up and running. The iconic cast tries to continue from where they left off, but old romances, friends and frenemies return to create more drama than ever before.

Luke Perry was part if the cast, but his tragic death not too long ago put a stop to that.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So are they playing the same fictional characters they played in the original series or are they playing some sort of fictional version of themselves as actors?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They play themselves!

" The returning cast members are playing themselves: a group of actors who were on a very popular teen drama and are reuniting for a new version. But they're not quite playing themselves - they're playing exaggerated, semi-fictionalized versions of themselves."

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought I had read Luke was not going to be a part of this and hadn’t signed on prior to his death. ( due to Riverdale)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I even saw him do an interview where he said he was "in" with the new reunion. Plus, so many actors do 2 or more shows these days. Seasons are so short anymore with plenty of time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch Years and Years on HBO? Limited series from the U.K. starting Helen Mirren.

Oops Emma Thompson.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think you mean Emma Thompson. No, I saw the previews and it didn't interest me.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Lol Seamonkey, I just posted in the Netflix thread about Years and Years. It’s incredibly powerful viewing and we are so impressed with it. Not starring Helen Mirren though? It’s Emma Thompson, Rory Kinnear, Russell Tovey, Jessica Hynes, Ruth Madeley and Anne Reid.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, Years & Years was REALLY good...it's only six episodes, but it covers a time span of about 20 years or so.

The description didn't look that exciting to me when I first read it, but I really like Russell Tovey and Emma Thompson so I figured I'd give it a shot.....and I found myself glued to the TV for the next 6 hours.

It's about what could happen if England elected someone (Emma Thompson) like Trump and how it affects one particular family and their relationships and their country over a couple of decades. The show is centered around this family a lot more than just the politics involved.

It has a lot of heart and there was even quite a bit of suspense (which I didn't expect) and it was really quite compelling.

Give it a look! I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Trust me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ok, I will give it a try, SFJ. :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yay, Naja! Don't forget the popcorn!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I loved “Years and Years” - I highly recommend it too. The entire cast was fabulous, especially Russell Tovey and the actress who played Derek Jacobi’s girlfriend in “Last Tango in Halifax” - she was wonderful as the family matriarch. But be forewarned, it’s a little bit depressing. The quality of the writing and acting is so compelling that the depressing parts can be overlooked or at least tolerated because the show is so good.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I set it to tape and it didn't record! I see all the episodes are on demand so I will have to watch them there. I heard it was exceptionally good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, exceptionally good! I was lucky that People magazine reviewed it, so I recorded.

I don't get Netflix, so am not in that thread.

I had thought Juju would like it but she doesn't get HBO..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Crap, I don't see Juju in the Netflix thread either.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
not beans, means sorry

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Pretty little chart of Premieres for next week through October is here from tvline:

https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/tv-schedule-fall-calendar-2019-r8.jpg