TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 30, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 30, 2019 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Maybe Kevin an Sophie finally got together?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kar and Kookliebird, I remember Nicky now.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
There has to be some kind of "kid" theme going on, because at Beth's dance school earlier in the episode (or clip from last season's finale?) someone brings her a Pin the Tail on the Donkey game and she thanks them and says we're all going to see Randall's mother.

Maybe they think if they recreate some things from their youth it will make Rebecca remember them?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Or maybe reliving those old memories makes Rebecca happy?

I remember them playing pin the tail on the donkey in an earlier episode. It was a birthday tradition. Maybe it's Rebecca's birthday? I don't remember anything about sidewalk chalk though.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That sounds right.. You often lose memories backwards with Alzheimer's.

I have a feeling that Toby and Kate may not be together, which is why he is thanked for coming and "they" as in little Jack and Kate are coming later.

Miguel? Could have passed away in that future scene, I suppose.

I still plan to re-watch the episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I also think they're going to relive something, perhaps to spur a memory or just to recreate something that made Rebecca happy.

If that's the case and future Toby and Kate are divorced, Toby is only coming because of his feelings for the family and Rebecca, not because he is currently part of the family (he wouldn't normally come to their gatherings, but this was special, so it was a decision whether to come).

Not sure if how it would play out, but it's possible Nicky would be a reminder of Jack for her too.

I'm guessing Sophie is going to be Kevin's wife and mother of the boy.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im thinking Kevin is single since he had to go get take out...if he was married wouldnt the wife have food in the house?

Dlkuhn4

07-13-2002

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
Mandy Moore said Rebecca doesn't have Alzheimer's so I'm wondering what else it could be. She said you have to look deeper to see the clues. Anyone got any guesses

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Brain injury from the car accident?

Dlkuhn4

07-13-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I keep thinking that's why they showed the past wreck and said the MRI was normal.
My mother had a wreck when she was 21 and in her 40's had problems from the scar tissue.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Alzheimer's is one of 70 forms of dementia, though it is the most common.

The accident certainly could be associated with her condition, but they also have parallels to his the family couldn't function without Rebecca after the accident, and how she was always the one in control after Jack's death, with baby Jack's care and leaping forward, now she is not in control due to age, depression, memory loss, brain trauma, whatever..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
or Kate died and she went into depression
or losing another hubby put her over the deep end

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So, I've heard it speculated that Kate or Toby is wearing a fat suit. Watching Chris Sullivan on Hollywood Game Night. He looks slim enough that I would think it is possible he wears a fat suit on this show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I heard that he had lost some weight before going on the program, which is why he wears a fat suit.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes he’s not nearly as large as the character he portrays on the show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think Kate gets bigger every year

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Chrissie gets bigger every year. The network must watch her health closely, but she is not just heavy -- she is obese.

During a commercial break on an NBC program today, something was said about This Is Us and this coming Saturday night? Looked on TV schedule on TiVo. Nothing is shown.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They are just having a little sneak peak between shows on Saturday night. I think between 8 and 9?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No thanks. I'll wait until I can watch the whole show. Sneak peeks are just frustrating to me. And spoilerish.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
A big 3 minute sneak peek 7:00 - 7:03 Central Saturday evening.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sneak peeks are often available on demand.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
By the way, as long as they are approved by the network, they aren't considered spoilers.

Though there are some shows where I won't watch the previews if I can avoid them. Personal preference, of course. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think they consider them teasers to encourage new and return viewers to tune in.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you about watching previews, Jimmer. Although these days, I probably won't remember what I saw by the time the next show comes around.

I also hate to read the episode synopsis, cause they can spoil too much of what's going to happen in an episode. I like to watch it all unfold.