TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 23, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Emmy Awards: Archive through September 23, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Darnit, I wanted Sandra Oh to win!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 17, 2018 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News Verified account @NBCNews
5s6 seconds ago
More
“Game of Thrones” and “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” won top honors at the 70th Emmy Awards, capping off a ceremony that featured pointed barbs about Hollywood diversity, nods to the #MeToo movement, and one-liners about the rise of streaming platforms.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s nice to watch an awards show where I’ve seen most of the shows.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Funny, I'm saying exactly the opposite, at every award I was saying 'who are these people?', and Games of Thrones, again??? I got bored just hearing of it again. As always I like the In Memoriam, and Betty White was a delight to watch.
I noticed something refreshing for a change, black and white made fun of their own races so no one got offended.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Me too Spunky! ditto everything you said

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm curious. Maybe I'm missing some good ones. What shows would you like to see win?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I wanted to see Handmaid's Tale win.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, me too Spunky, I hadn't even heard of the Mrs. Maisel show, at least most of the others I had heard people talk about.

I just don't like watching stuff on my "small screen" on the laptop, so if it isn't on my TV I won't see it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I have an Amazon Fire Stick (only about $50), which plugs into the back of your TV and connects to the internet by WiFi. I watch a lot of TV on Amazon thru it. It's awesome! Amazon has a lot of free original programming (if you have Prime). I discovered Mrs. Maisel months ago. Great show! Any Amy Palladino writes is awesome!

I agree about watching anything on my computer. I don't even have patience for videos of more than a few seconds.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was awesome to see Amy Palladino win those Emmy's. I haven't watched The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (yet) but I've watched every episode of Gilmore Girls with my DD's.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I fee same way about watching anything on my computer screen. Other small screens may be OK, but not computer screen. I have both Fire T V and Apple TV hooked up to my TV.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I rarely watch anything on the computer. As Colordeagua mentioned, you can watch all these shows on a big screen TV.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We also have a Smart TV (which my husband monopolizes with sports ), which is loaded with Amazon, Hulu, Netflix and other streaming services. I don't watch anything on my little computer, except for cat/baby videos on Facebook.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
On tonight. As I said in the general thread, I was so disappointed with the final season of Game of Thrones. I wonder if it will still win as many Emmy’s?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Tuning in late and have to say that I hope it picks up. The stage is huge so a tremendous amount of time is lost simply watching people walk across it from presenters who seem to be walking as slowly as possible to winners who have to walk a quarter mile to the mic, even if they're sitting in the front. Very little information is being given as to who is on stage, what award is being handed out, who it is that won - In other words, look away for 10 seconds and you will have no clue.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I love Ken Jeong but his bit about his daughter was painful to watch. Oh my, someone inject some life into this!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Re GOT, I'm over how disappointing the last season was. When I think of the number of seasons they entertained us with quality acting and a quality show, I still think they should win and win big.

Then again, I've always thought of the Emmys as awards that are purchased and pushed. We will see.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
most boring Emmys ever!! There have been about 3 or 4 great moments in over 1 1/2 hrs

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So fun to see Selena, I mean Julia, and the rest of the cast of VEEP get a standing ovation. I will miss those characters!

I loved the cast of GOT on stage together to present but also wanted too see more of them up there. I'm so going to miss those characters as well.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Billy Porter slayed in his outfit!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Viola Davis looks like Madam Leota from Haunted Mansion

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it won. I suspect it was largely due to momentum. Deserved in the sense that for years and years it was a groundbreaking drama.

But the last season was still awful.

Happy to see Peter Dinklage win again but I still don’t see how his role is considered Supporting Actor. He played one of the main characters. Who had a better story than Tyrion?

(Okay. I’ve got to let this go. )

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
If GOT had not won best drama, I would not have been able to let that go, lol!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Happy for Billy Porter (after three months of autocorrect turning Holly into Billy, it just tried to substitute Holly for Billy). Love him on Pose.

Other than that, looking at main awards, I see Chernobyl did well, which is appropriate, and a win for Michelle Williams as Gwen Verdon. Otherwise, nothing I watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was so happy for "Fleabag". I had watched it (on Amazon), but as much as I loved it, I counted it out because I just didn't see a British comedy winning. Glad I was wrong :-)