TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 10, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 10, 2019 users admin

Annie

08-15-2009

Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the tip, Dipo. So that my CBS All Access isn't a total waste I'll go over and check out Why Women Kill.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know anything about The Terror which is on AMC? Is it worth recording/watching? Also, is it too scary (I'm kind of a puss and don't watch scary shows/movies)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The Terror is an anthology, a different story each season. This season is about the Japanese internment camps in America during WWII. This was a horror in and of itself but this show is adding some kind of Japanese spirit ghost based on Japanese lore.

George Takai was actually in one of those camps when he was a child and he will play a character in this season of The Terror.

To me it looks like it will be pretty good....I'm trying to record and save them all up for binging.

Season one was about a ship in the 1800s(?) trapped in the ice in the arctic for several months. It was more of a psychological drama of the men trying to survive the cold, lack of food and the terrifying specter of some kind of monster picking them off one by one. It turned out that the "Terror" itself was not what it was expected to be....but it induced enough fear in the men to make up for it's lack of supernatural origins.

I expect season two to be very good, but already, in my mind, I see the American internment of Japanese Americans in camps here on American soil as the real terror. Some Americans have never even heard about the Japanese camps they were imprisoned in because they were of Japanese descent. Others think it's a hoax story, just like the holocaust deniers do.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Hmm, that would be the ship captained by Franklin.
they recently found it. Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years

as opposed to the ship caught in ice in the Antarctic where everyone survived under Shackleton. I will have to look it up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In the first season of "The Terror", the ship was searching for the Northwest Passage when they got frozen.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks... let me ask y'all this. Did I already miss episodes of this season?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, the first ep was last Monday, the second is tonight. I think if you subscribe to ad-free AMC, the second ep is already available.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja and SFJF. I will go ahead and leave the recording pass set, and will watch the first episode this weekend On Demand to see if it holds my interest. I'll give it a shot. But if it is scary, I may not make it past the first episode.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, August 26, 2019 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
If you have Showtime, I highly recommend the documentary Hitsville: The Making of Motown. I really enjoyed it. Very interesting and quite a few funny bits as well. I loved the friendship displayed between Smokey Robinson and Berry Gordy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 26, 2019 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I loved it, too! Seeing Smokey always gives me a good feeling.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, August 26, 2019 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'll put this post to Naja in a spoiler box as I think watchers would enjoy seeing the exchange w/o knowing the outcome. Nothing major.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Naja, I thought for sure that Smokey would win the bet he made with Berry. He seemed so adamant. It cracked me up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 26, 2019 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ha! I forgot about that. It was pretty funny. I had it wrong, too.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know when Jerry O Connells talk show premieres and what network?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Jerry's show begins on August 12,on FOX.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kelly Clarkson's new talk show starts today! I have really been looking for to it. She has such a happy disposition.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What station?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For me it's on ABC at 2 PM. KC area.

eta: I just read that it's syndicated, so it could be on any channel at any time for everyone else. Even the middle of the night. (or not at all)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
In Chicago area -- 2:00 Central on NBC, immediately before Ellen.

Article I found said will be on NBC everywhere, but time will vary.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I double checked after you post, and it really is on ABC here in the KC area. So it definitely isn't on NBC everywhere, Color.

Also, Kelly's show is rerun here at 11 PM on the CW. So that's 3 different channels just between the two of us.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'll add another one. Here in Houston, she's on KRIV at 3pm... which is the Fox Channel here. :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was on 2"30 am here, I did not stay up, but she is too much energy for me. heh I have been complaining bout Colbert being too much energy when he runs out into his audience, grates on my nerves. but he calms down pretty fast

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Not seeing Jerry’s show anywhere. I don’t see it lasting.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Jerry O" is only in a few Fox markets, and none of them are in Missouri.

www.jerryoshow.com

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Remember Jeff Probst's daytime show? Wasn't on for more than one year if that long. I still have one show saved on my DVR.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No idea who Jerry is.