TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 16, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 16, 2019 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have a question for anybody that used to watch the "Medium".

I had only watched a couple episode here and there when it was airing but now I am going to watched the whole series. Right now I am almost done with season 1.

My question: Did anybody hate the husband sometimes for how much grief he gave Allison about her "gift"?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not that I remember.

It was based on a real medium, but law enforcement says she never really helped them.

https://www.onlinepsychicchat.org/psychic-biographies/allison-dubois/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So is InBetween worth watching?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, I remember being annoyed with the husband for giving her grief about something she was born with. It was the same as with Darren and Samantha on Bewitched. He never wanted her to use her powers.

Lexie, I've only seen one episode of InBetween so far, but I LOVED it! A little bit like Ghost Whisperer, in that she talks to dead people and helps them solve their issues. I love that stuff.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks BJM. I recorded it but didn't know if it was worth my time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Babyjaxmom. I figured he was being a little harsh about it.

Seamonkey, yes, I knew of her before during the original run of the show. My personal belief is that all psychics are fakes. I suspend reality for the show.

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
If you have Prime Video then watch Absentia its a good who done it

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"My question: Did anybody hate the husband sometimes for how much grief he gave Allison about her "gift"?"

I didn't hate Joe Dublois but his character got boringly repetitive. But I have seen that in other supernatural shows when someone has some power and the that person's friends or family always question his or her observations/visions/dreams even though they are ALWAYS right!

I think the plan is to have a contradictory main character in these tv shows or movies because they are based on what seem to be a standard Hollywood screenplay formula.

Person with powers + skeptical family member = personal conflict that helps enhance the drama alongside the supernatural conflicts.

I think it just comes with the territory. It looked like the new detective was going to play that role, but he came around pretty quickly. I wonder if they'll add a new skeptical boss at the police station or something to cause more conflict.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Handmaid's Tale season 3 is so good!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I am going to give in, and watch Handmaids. I read the book. I have to see how they made three seasons of it. Boggles my mind.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it is soooo good!!!

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Mrs Mack and I tripped across a rerun of the whole Chernobyl miniseries on HBO this weekend. Caught the first episode live and used the DVR to record the whole series. Parts were hard to watch. Just happens I was in what was then West Germany and my office as chief of medical education and training was in the US Army hospital in Heidelberg, Germany when Chernobyl happened. Working in the hospital building meant we wore exposure badges in case of a problem in the radiology department. About a day and a half after Chernobyl exploded our badges changed color alerting us to a potential leak. Not exactly a panic but we went into partial shutdown and started testing to find the issue. The Russians hadn’t been forthcoming with the Chernobyl explosion and we were sweating bullets so to speak when reports started coming in from all over Europe. Then we switched to potentially evacuating all dependents and non-critical personnel back to the US. Tense times.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My former music minister was from the Ukraine - his father and his brother both died of cancer and so did a lot of people from his community (he was out of the country at the time) - the fallout from Chernobyl is thought to be the cause.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have noticed that a lot of talk shows are having whole segments on showing products and how cheap you can get them, and sometimes they give the audience some---but, its really just a big commercial for the products. Dont they have enough to talk about anymore?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Talking has never been the point of talk shows....it's always to sell ad time. Now with product placement built right into the show's content, they can make even more money with less effort!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I created a thread for "Big Little Lies" and moved some posts over there.

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/6465/20204093.html&lm=1560885067

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Silly me--I forgot its all about making money, not entertaining us.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 25, 2019 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Something called "tubi" has been listed in my xfinity apps for quite awhile now and I finally clicked on. It's all free movies and tv. Looks good.

https://tubitv.com/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh good grief, I thought it was just awful....

Entertainment Weekly @EW
· 5h
Love Island renewed for season 2 despite modest ratings

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry I never got a banner done for it but I don't know how many people here were watching.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Jimmer, I am not sure a banner would have worked anyway, they kept changing all the people so I don't think it mattered if we knew their names.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was not watching.

Remember Love In the Wild from '11 - '12? Were the two shows similar? I watched this one. After only two seasons, it resulted in four marriages, three with children and one not, and one short-lived marriage. Pretty good record.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Love Island reminded me of Paradise Hotel.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Why Women Kill, CBS All Access ... LMAO, I got bored with the feeds so decided to click on this show. It's really funny so far.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahahaha, Lucy Liu is absolutely crazy good in this role and I can't wait to see what Ginnifer Goodwin does, LOL