TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Crime: Archive through March 11, 2016 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Is anybody watching it? EXCELLENT! Easily as good as any of the great HBO shows. Definitely binge-worthy if possible. It's on ABC Thursday nights at 10:00 Eastern.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I totally agree it's excellent. It's also one of the most depressing shows to ever hit the airwaves. I warn people about this because not everyone can handle such depressing subject matter. The entire cast is excellent, too, and I admire them even more because the material is so difficult. I hope the show makes it to a second season!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
If there's a 2nd season, does that mean they conclude everything about this crime and start something new next? Or will there be some kind of cliffhanger??

Yes, it's depressing, but I guess I can still separate myself from it. Yet realize this "mess" due to various situations, personalities, etc. is what happens often enough to some extent.

For some reason I've never been a big Felicity Huffman fan. She plays this part so well that I'll probably even like her less.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
As of March 24 it was being pegged as "likely to be cancelled" by the Cancellation Bear. I hope the Bear is off his game!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/03/24/abc-predictions-american-crime-is-likely-to-be-canceled/376056/

I agree about Huffman, too. She's always rubbed me the wrong way in general, but I love her on this show because she is playing the role to perfection - they hit the jackpot with that casting.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I am watching and I agree about Felicity - great acting! My only complaint and I guess they wanted it this style but is the extreme close ups!

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this but now that I have started watching, I have to keep up with it to see how this all plays out.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The Cancellation Bear has updated his prediction to "certain to be cancelled" -- boo!

http://tinyurl.com/luzbz84

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
American Crime Season 2.

Is nobody watching the second season? It's really excellent!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 1:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Oh, Holly, where to begin? I completely forgot there was a thread for the show.

This second season has been absolutely phenomenal. Many of my posts here at TVCH tend to stray towards the hyperbole zone, I'll be the first to admit that.

But when it comes to American Crime, the only thing one can say is that it's, by far, the best show on TV at the moment.

Tonight's episode...oh my goodness. Words are too weak to describe it.

Connor Jessup, the young actor (from Toronto!) who plays Taylor Blaine must, must, must win the Emmy for his performance. If he doesn't, the Emmys cannot be taken seriously ever again.

I really CANNOT believe how good this second season has been - 10 times better than season one. If you've missed any part of season two, please try to catch up via on demand at ABC.com -- I'm not sure it's available, but it's worth a try to check.

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Uncle_ricky, thank God someone else is watching this!! It has to be THE most underrated and overlooked show ever on network TV--sadly! The writing is great and the acting is phenomenal. The topics in both seasons are telling and true about this society, exposing the depth of homophobia and racism. What I love this season is how honest it is in examining the pain and problems caused by homophobia and racism (from both sides!).

My heart just breaks for both those boys, especially Eric who is shunned by his own mother for being gay. I definitely agree with you about Connor--his performance tonight was just heart stopping and the whole format used (sound stopping, the drugged state, etc) in filming was great. Also, the actor playing the mother is captivating too.

It's a real shame that ABC has stated they will no longer show serial shows like this but will rather stick with same old-same old drech like the NCIS franchise rather than real story lines in serial format. You'd think, given the success of such shows on Netflix etc., that network stations would be scrambling to go this route, not run away from it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am watching and enjoying, the young man who plays Taylor who is very good as well as his Mom. There is something about Felicity's character that is off. She seems to want to uphold the school's reputation...........no matter what.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
You guys I watch too. I just have them all stacked in my DVR LOL

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
So glad you're watching, too, Scooter and Marameko. And, Holly, I forgot to say "Thank You" for reviving this thread!

I came across the extremely interesting article linked below -- it gives an in-depth look at last night's episode and includes comments from Connor Jessup (Taylor) and Joey Pollari (Eric).

One of the juicier tidbits: no one in the cast except for Connor and Lili Taylor (who plays his mother) knew anything about the super-intense scenes that unfolded during the final 20 minutes of last night's episode - all other cast members found out what happened at the same time the viewing audience did!

Warning -- Do NOT read this article if you are not caught up to episode seven because of all the spoilers it contains:

http://mic.com/articles/135553/american-crime-stars-connor-jessup-and-joey-pollari-talk-this-week-s-powerful-episode#.MLeFCV2tq

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Great link, Uncle. Btw, I had a hunch you would watching, so opened the thread to lure you out . Glad it worked!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Too funny, Holly!

Next week's episode is supposed to be pretty intense again. I don't know how much more of these my nerves will be able to handle. I was a wreck when last night's show ended. Only 3 episodes left.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting that link Uncle. I DVR this show as it comes on past my work bedtime, so while watching the show the phone rang and I quit focusing. It was necessary to go back and see what the heck happened in that car. The older guy was really wailing....

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I will come back to read that article when I get caught up.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I am watching too...loving this season even more then last year...so intense but a topic overlooked too often...and subtopics too frequent in real life.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I'm a big fan too. I thought he'd shoot himself with the gun. What an intense ending. I would hate to see this show go. It's so good.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 1:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Felicity Huffman without make-up. I honestly could not figure out who it was until she spoke for the first time.

Another amazing episode - the vignettes with the real-life people were so beautifully presented - so incredibly moving.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
totally agree uncle ricky - i didnt even realize who Felicity was the first time they showed her - i thought maybe it was Wes' grieving mother or something....

and they did a WONDERFUL job with the vignettes - placing them in the right places with the perfect transition back to the story each time - not too long but just enough... i think i will now always remember the teacher saying she still loved Dillion, because she loves all her students.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
A lot of viewers are apparently up in arms over last night's finale. I loved the way it ended as it really makes you wonder what decisions those characters had to make. It didn't make me care about them any less than I already did. I am very sorry to see the season end. Keeping my fingers crossed for Season Three!

Legal, Putter, Scooter, Marameko, Holly, Panda, Colordeagua -- what did all of you think???

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I was ok with it. The story had been told. Once felicity was fired, I was good... Lol

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I was upset for a moment but as time went on, I was happy with the non-ending ending. The two boys had choices to make, decisions that easily can direct the rest of their lives and though we don't know, we know at least they were thinking in their head of should I be doing this (whatever it was).

Happy Felicity was let go...mixed feelings about the other principal..he really felt he wad following protocol but realized the hard way that there was more to the story.

I also was happy for Regina King and her character's son finding a bond to move forward on..and telling the truth. Stop with the coverups - as much as we want to protect our kids,we are not protecting them by hiding the truth and not letting them be accountable for their actions. If they want to grow/learn/change it only happens with dealing with reality and the consequences of such actions.

Would love a season three.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky...all episodes are on my DVR...I will binge watch it

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Uncle I was curious as to what decisions were made and hopeful that perhaps we will find out if next season the story continues. A girl can dream ! The female school principal< name escapes me > was so manipulative, did not like her character.