TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 26, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through June 26, 2019 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had to Google it. I never know what channel anything is on. I just search for it and my DVR finds it for me. It's on NBC.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The InBetween is on NBC I believe. It really does seem almost like a reboot of Medium, just making the main blond character (the medium) a single woman instead of being married with kids and she's working for a different police department in a different city. It's as if they just transplanted the bones of Medium and then gave it a facelift and a different personality. (She seems a bit more Carrie from "Unforgetable" than Allison on "Medium".)

It's starting to look like the broadcast networks have officially lost all creativity and they're all going for reboots, restarts, remakes, and cloned story lines. I think all the good shows are now on cable and individual streaming outlets.

I watched the premiere of InBetween and will continue watching at this point just because it doesn't seem to be a show that requites apt attention...and sometimes I like to nap while watching TV and not have to rewind the recording to see what I missed! On some what I call "easy-watch-shows", the end always makes perfect sense even when you miss the whole middle. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sanfran.. You could miss some things on this one.

I like it, so far

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 03, 2019 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, I was just coming here to say the almost the same thing. Someone in another thread said "The Inbetween" was like "Ghost Whisperer", but I think it's more like "Medium", in that it is primarily a police procedural show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 03, 2019 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just binged the 1st season of Killing Eve...it is sooo good!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, June 03, 2019 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching NOS4A2 ?

What did I just watch? Anyone understand this show?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 4:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
maybe this is already posted but season 2 of Cobra Kai on YouTube is even better than season 1. I cant wait til 2020 and season 3 - one of the best cliffhangers of the year in TV - and still loving how you feel empathy for all the characters - except Kreese of course (although you could have felt for him if he didn't stay so cruel).. oh and the new girl Tory can be labeled a bad guy too although there is room for a smidge of empathy for her too. But really - if you loved the karate Kid movies, this is a must-see. Gives you memories while taking the characters to whole new levels.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I binged the whole thing the day it came out. I loved it. This 1 year wait after a binge is painful! It's funny you brought this up because in the daily poll in the area, we were supposed to post which movies we have seen the most times, and my #1 is the original "The Karate Kid" :-) So of course I there was no way I was going to miss this series.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, I recorded but haven't watched yet. Will let you know when I do!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else watch the premiere of the new Twilight Zone? It was AMAZING! Brilliant script.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Do you mean the Twilight zone on CBS all-access?

The finale for season one was last week. And the whole season was incredible! I guessed the end of the finale as a joke, and the when it actually happened, DH just just looked at me almost afraid. LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, I watched it on Sunday. I think it's supposed to still be confusing, but I can sort of fit things into what they say in the "about this show" at the website. But the family dynamics are a bit screwy to me.

NOS4A2 introduces Vic McQueen, a gifted young woman who discovers she has a supernatural ability to find lost things. This ability puts her on a collision course with the evil and immortal Charlie Manx. Manx is a supernatural villain who feeds off the souls of children and then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland — a twisted place of Manx’s imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Vic strives to defeat Manx and rescue his victims — without losing her mind or falling victim to him herself.

https://www.amc.com/shows/nos4a2/exclusives/about

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja, but I guess even that explanation still confuses me... lol

I’ll still watch because now Im interested to see where this goes.

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
Season 4 of Queen of the South starts Thursday. Yay!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, I figured something out!

The girl Vic (who has powers to find things) is transported to places where the lost things are when she rides her motorcycle across that scary bridge. So I am sure somehow she will be tasked with job of trying to find the kidnapped children. The children taken by the creepy man in the old car. I think in ep 1, the man was getting younger and younger because he needs to eat the souls of the children to stay young, and once he's taken their souls, he drops off their soulless alive bodies at Christmasland to stay until the end of time. Just guessing how that last part works.

The previews said Christmasland is a place where you are not allowed to be unhappy, so I think it may be a horrible place with punishment and torture. yikes.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Naja you are probably right. The ep I saw last week was on TV. I only recently saw promo ads for it and it felt like a premiere. I am guessing that CBS all access is an online thing, I wouldn't be able to access in Canada. Anyways I've now got the program set to tape on my TV.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well you can access it from Canada. You just have to know how to do it (use a VPN).

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Naja - totally agree about the one year wait - its so painful! As a side note, i always wanted to do karate as a kid given the Karate Kid movies and Kung Fu reruns but i just settled on bonsai trees - decades later I finally am taking TKD thanks to my son. :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
For once, at least I think so, a US network is picking up (June 16) a tv series that here in Canada has been going on for a while and we just saw the last episode of the season. And that's The Good Fight, the spin-off of the Good Wife, I enjoyed every episode and you may enjoy it too since it gets really outrageous and for those who still don't like Trump you may get a real treat.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer. Never used VPN. Out of my depth here. But if that was the season finale I might ask a friend to DL the season for me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Handmaids tale started today. Blessed be!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Naja

Ok I’m confused, because what about the other girl who has powers by getting clues from those scrabble pieces in her bag? What’s her role in this

Yeah that Christmas land is I’m pretty sure exactly as you described! And Yikes is right!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, I have no idea. It's still all confusing.

But, I can't wait to see this show tonight!

Los Espookys

HBO--Los Espookys, the primarily Spanish-language (with English subtitles) comedy follows a group of friends who turn their love for horror into a peculiar business, providing horror to those who need it, in a dreamy Latin American country where the strange and eerie are just part of daily life.

It's another Fred Armisen (of SNL Fame) creation.

https://www.hbo.com/los-espookys

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Los Espookys was so fun and silly! Definitely a keeper.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This looks so funny to me....

What Just Happened??!

This spoof of television "aftershows" (like AMC's Talking Dead) finds Fred Savage and a panel of guests discussing each week's episode of The Flare, a fictional sci-fi series based on the (also nonexistent) book series The Moon Is the Sun at Night.

Sunday, June 30, on FOX.