TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: Archive through December 01, 2018 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Gary was a customer at the bar at the end. He was sitting next to Bo Derek.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gary Busey was in the bar in the final few minutes. I think he was April's father...he was in a previous Sharknado movie when they went to the moon...he played a genius fo some kind.

I just discovered the new update at IMDB, too, Sadiesmom.

Looks like Constantin Viscreanu has a lot of credits as stunt man and/or stunt cooridinator and his only acting credit is Paul Revere on this movie.

I found a pic of him...that's Paul Revere alright!
constantin_viscreanu-02
image from https://www.hopeandhomes.ro/noutati/echipa-swimathon

That page is another language but google translated the paragraph that had his name in it...looks like he was part of some swim-athon charity event.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I found this about Gary Busey's character:

http://sharknado.wikia.com/wiki/Wilford_Wexler

Looks like it was him who robotisized his daughter, April, in the 4th movie! Robotic genius is not exactly typecasting for wacky Gary Busey! LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"SFJ, His face was so familiar, but I couldn't think of his name, either. "

I know what you mean. The bizarre thing is that he looks so familiar but he isn't an actor per se and his photo was NOT easy to find at all. It's not on IMDB or youtibe, or facebook and the only place I found it was in Google images and it was at the link I posted above.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Wait...the moon? Robots? And what, time travel? OMG, what have I been missing??? I saw the first two or three Sharknados, but not the rest. I am going to have to find the time to sit down and watch them, lol!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, it is as bad as ever, and just as hysterical.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I honestly could not follow this one. the laser eyes distracted me, and the time travel, I always have prob;ems understanding time travel and paradoxes.
I have no idea why the sharknados went bye bye.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I do not have a clue what is going on, makes absolutely no sense but I find I am sitting here with a huge grin on my face at the absurdity.

AND LMAO at how bizarre it is.

ETA: Maybe once I have seen it a few times it will start to make sense.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It's SCIENCE FICTION ADVENTURE without the constraints of silly, pointless logic.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
And the sillier and more illogical it is, the better. I love cheesy sci-fi. I can't tell you how many times I've been walking out of my sisters house and had to sit down and finish watching whatever goofy sci fi movie my bil was watching.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I do the same thing Wargod, I have to be careful not to leave the channel on the Sci-Fi channel or I get sucked into stuff.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Oh I'm having a blast. I've watched the 3rd and now the 4th Sharknados tonight. These are awesome, lol.

I have had a moment of "OMG, that just can't happen" though and I keep giggling at myself over it. I've had no problem with sharks in space, bionic April, cownado, and the sharknado being nuclear. What's completely thrown me is April delivering her own baby, while falling to earth from space, inside a shark burning upon re-entry. I'm watching them trying to stop the nukenado and still shaking my head over that and laughing at myself that I can't get over it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, I watched again, sort of, in the middle of the night and it was starting to make a little sense, LOL.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So Salvation was a scifi show after all...!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Too bad they spent so much time before revealing that it was sc-fi instead of just a high tech, political intrigue, love triangle story. I left that show after the first episode or two of season 2, when it turned out the season 1 finale was a fake out.

If it didn't turn into actual sci-fi until the finale, that would've been like watching a murder mystery where no one gets murdered for the first 25 episodes....or watching a comedy that had no laughs until the 26th episode.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
why what happened, I stopped watching as well, too convoluted.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I have to catch up on half of this season's episodes of Salvation. I tend to ff through stuff but now I will watch more carefully.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I found this recap of the finale:

https://tvline.com/2018/09/17/salvation-recap-season-2-finale-samson-is-not-asteroid/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I watched all the episodes but it was a struggle. I was convinced it would be cancelled (still am) and thought if I watched it I'd at least find out how they saved the world.

It ended with:
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
all their attempts to stop it failed, then Darius realised that one of their earlier attempts had actually gone as planned, the "asteroid" did move, but then it moved - defying Newton, gravity, etc. - back onto its original path. So he persuaded Anders to stop their last resort plan (which was to nuke it, which would have split the asteroid, making smaller hits but at the expense of radiation in the atmosphere) just in time, they watched it approach the moon and then... it just stopped! Aliens!

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
The first season was good, but the second - not so much. I made myself stick with it (fast forwarded a lot) because, surely they would tie everything up. Ummm nope!

Not too sure I'll tune into a third season

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nightflyers, a psychological space thriller by George RR Martin, premieres Sunday night.

10 episodes, all will air during December, five this coming week (Sun-Thurs), five next. Looks like the first two are already on demand.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Where?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
ScyFy channel.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just checked in comcast on-demand, and the first 2 eps of Nightflyers are already there, if you want to get an early start. When comcast has it, usually other tv providers already have it, too.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kar and Naja. I did a little more research and (in Canada anyway) it's identified as a Netflix original. :-)