TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 16, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Little Lies: Archive through July 16, 2019 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm shocked no one has uttered a peep about Season 2 of "Big Little Lies" (!) Oh my goodness, the first two episodes have been howlingly funny. Well, at least the scenes between Reese Witherspoon and Meryl Streep have left me gasping for air because I've laughed like a crazed hyena. I hope I'm not the only one watching this great show!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Chernobyl (the series) is very good.

Season 2 of Big Little Lies and those exchanges between the Witherspoon and Streep characters are hilarious. I don't know how Meryl Streep does it. I can't even describe the way the character talks. It's not even material or subjects that anyone would normally consider funny at all (they're serious topics).

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Big Little Lies is so good! all the dirty laundry is being aired!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Meryl Streep is almost scary as Perry's mother while Reese is just a fireball.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh my those two characters are dynamite together. Streep was a great addition to an already amazingly strong cast.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just started reading the book, have never seen the show. The book is really good.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The book is wonderful. It's a great blend of a serious topic with humorous notes included. IMO the book is even better than the show's first season (which was based on the book) so anyone who enjoys the show and likes to read would enjoy it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Meryl Streep is fantastic in the role of Perry's mother. She is definitely creepy and seems determined to find out what happened to her son. I was appalled when Nicole Kidman's character told her that Perry had beat her, and she said, "I don't believe it! Why didn't you call the police?" Most women don't call the police. The only way physical abuse is discovered in a lot of cases is when the wife ends up in the hospital. I wanted to slap her for not believing her DIL, but then, she doesn't want to believe her beloved son could do anything so awful. She seems very controlling. Maybe that's why her son turned out the way he did. Meryl is doing a great job playing her, and yes, those scenes with Reese were outstanding. I saw an interview with Reese where she said she would just be awestruck by Meryl's acting, but then she'd remember she was supposed to be acting, too, and have to pull herself together and remember her lines. I can see that happening!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can't think of when I've gotten so much enjoyment out of watching what is essentially an unlikable character. She is mesmerizing.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There have been quite a few posts so I thought that I'd start a thread and move them over.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thank you for starting the thread - this show certainly deserves one! And let's not overlook Laura Dern as the hysterically funny Renata in the second episode. "I will NOT not be rich!" Classic!

Punkin

08-13-2009

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
So happy to have it back for a new season! It's starting off with a bang!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
episode 2 was almost better than most of last season! So much happened, so many questions!

I think Perry killed his bro and the mom covered it up. Or the mom killed him and made Perry cover it up. Meryl Streep deserves every emmy in the world!

Laura Dern was cracking me up last nite!

I dont feel any chemistry with Reese and her hubby, I hope he just goes away

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the little actor that plays Young Sheldon is great in his role as Ziggy. really shows his range

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Somehow Madeline and her hubby don't seem like a good fit. I did not recognize Ziggy until this year what a great actor !
Whoever thought of Meryl Streep for this part was spot on !

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Meryl Streep is killing it! It is the subtle things she does, like when she was talking to Madeline and took her necklace and brought it up to her chin. You can just see the wheels turning in her brain.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, June 24, 2019 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I just heard theres only 6 episodes this season.

so we're already half way thru!! poop

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 24, 2019 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I checked. There will be 8 eps.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, June 24, 2019 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Oh YAY!!! well thats a smidge better.. even if its no where near enough for me! lol

*I must double check sources before posting.. doh!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 24, 2019 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
last night's ep felt like it was 5 min long!! this season is soooo good!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Streep's character got busted.......

Punkin

08-13-2009

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
Only 2 eps left! This season is going just too fast! I want the story to go on and on!

Odd that it never occurred to me before, that Zoe is the daughter of Lenny Kravitz. And Lisa Bonet.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Actually, there is only one episode left. This season only has 7 episodes.

We are loving it, too. Totally mesmerizing. Hubby said he didn't look at the clock once during this last ep. He was into it! Can't wait to see Nicole nail Meryl in court! Something happened to Perry's brother, and I'm pretty sure we're going to find out what it was.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
In case you haven't seen this already, it's too cute!

Moderators: If this image is too big, please delete it immediately. Thank you.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!! I think Perry killed his bro and mom knows!