TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 17, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through June 17, 2019 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, I watched After Life. I pretty much love anything Ricky Gervais is in.

----------------

Today we started "It's Bruno!"

It's hilarious. It's the (mis)adventures of a guy and his little dog, Bruno. It's set in Brooklyn. Each of the 8 eps is very short, only 10-12 minutes. So it's a fast binge.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm a 60 year old juvenile but I just binge watched Sabrina. My daughter told me about it and I liked it. The girl that plays Sabrina was the daughter of Jon Hamm and January Jones on Mad Men.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
not for anyone under the age of 18 but "Bonding" on Netflix was quite funny. the first two episodes, I was thinking "do I want to see this?" but before I knew it, I watched them all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What is it about?

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
this young lady is putting herself through college with a job as a dominatrix(sp) and enlists the help of her high school bff who is gay.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That sounds interesting :-) Thanks.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ll have to have a look at that!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone check out "What/If" with Rene Zellweger? She is definitely not the character from Bridget Jones Diary. I had to do a double take questioning if that was even her. She played the character very well. I liked there were side stories. I binge watched this series in 2 days!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, we loved What/If. I can't wait to see what next season will be about. It's an anthology series so every season will be a totally different story.

btw, this season was about a young woman trying to get her new medical technology off the ground. Mega rich Zelwegger shows up to fund her, but only under one condition. And that condition starts the young woman's life and everyone else's lives around her into a downward spiral.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I binged What/If. I had seen Renee Zellweger a few days before on a promo for the series. Thought maybe her eyes looked a little more squinty again? More surgery?

Series was OK enough. What got my attention -- I didn't recognize names of anyone else in the cast. I was impressed with almost all. Few of them would like to see more of.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I recognized Zelwegger's voice first; also binged and enjoyed this season.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’ll check that out Miz. Renee use to be my favorite actress.
Our TV went out,I guess bc of the storms, it’s been out for four days. Tomorrow Direct tv comes! Since I have no TV I’ve been watching Shameless. I like it although some of the stories are a bit far out there. You wouldn’t like it if gratuitous sex and bad language bothers you.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Lakecat...yah I tried Shameless, about 6 episodes but not for me. Looking for something else to watch. Any suggestions? I have watched so much. Lol

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Call The Midwife is good.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Watched "Always be my Maybe". It was enjoyable romantic comedy. I was pleasantly surorised to realize it was filmed here in Vancouver, BC, Canada. 😁

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Isn't everything filmed in Vancouver? So many of our American TV shows are supposed to be set in one place, but are actually filmed in Vancouver. Hubby and I get a kick out of spotting the landscape (big mountains, lots of trees) when they are supposed to be somewhere else. I loved Vancouver. Went to the World's Fair there in 1986, and still remember what a beautiful place it is. Would love to go there again someday.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Hahaha...Babyjax, i was just coming to say I just watched "Status Update" on Netflix and it too was filmed here! Lol It is because of the exchange rate, cheaper to film here.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they also give the film crews incentives to film there. I don't mind, because it's beautiful scenery. It's almost always raining, though (I'm just jealous).

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Aren't a lot of Hallmark movies filmed in Canada?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, June 16, 2019 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I believe so.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 16, 2019 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Lots of them are filmed here with a lot of Canadian actors as well. Kind of nice for us.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Any one watching or has watched the British drama "Doctor Foster" ? It is quite good and includes actresses from recent tv shows including " Jodie Comer from "Killing Eve" and the lady who played the lead in "Gentleman Jack" whose name escapes me.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Doctor Foster, Marameko. First season more than the second. The actress' name is Suranne Jones. She is really good. I've only seen the first episode of Gentleman Jack. I need to get back to it.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I can't remember if anyone recommended Derry Girls. I finally watched and really enjoyed it. It's a comedy about a group of Catholic schoolgirls in Northern Ireland during the conflict of the early 90's.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Marameko, thanks for the info about Doctor Foster, especially Suranne Jones, who was just fabulous in Gentleman Jack - loved, loved, loved her (and the show). Rieann: Please get back to it ASAP - it's delicious!