TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 20, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through December 20, 2018 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh I'm sure it is, I've got my snack and my recliner ready for tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There will be cake 🎂 in the episode

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, Little Women is so sweet! That is one of the first books I ever read. My daddy bought me Little Women and Heidi when I was 7 years old. It's like visiting old friends. I teared up several times during the episode. I did want to kill evil Amy, though, when she burned Jo's book. What a spoiled brat!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Very true to the story. I liked it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I can't believe it's over already! I thought maybe they'd stretch it out a few weeks. I remember being so mad at Amy for marrying Laurie when I was little, but now I get it.

Anybody else remember the episode of Friends when Joey was reading Little Women and Rachel hid it in her freezer, cause she knew it would break his heart when he found out Beth died? Somehow he got it back, and ended up knocking on her door in the middle of the night, sobbing, "Beth died!!!!!" Too funny.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I did not like how they pretty much rushed the end of the story. We went from Beth dying to them all at the Bhaer house for boys. I think they could have went at least another episode.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, as a child, I hated that Amy got everything.

It did rush at the end, but I remembered the book.

They made it too easy, too.. Like in the book he almost left, thinking Jo was married.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the specials about her life and the Orchard House that PBS had on?

She didn't have an easy life.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I did. I want to visit it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the three seasons of The Tunnel over the past few years? If often found storylines hard to follow. Stayed with it because I liked the two main characters. Sunday night was the final episode. Ooooooooh.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
ohhhh I tried, I really tried but it was just to weird for me and gory too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There was something in the early episodes of this season that was weird and gory. Definitely a turnoff. Then that was gone. Finally in the last few episodes I picked up on the storyline. The last episode was "difficult" to watch. Not for above reasons. Shocking and sad.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
When oh when will Grantchester start on PBS again!!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yeah tonight is coroner night and murder in the suburb!

Happygal

11-15-2004

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
Watched Episode 1 of the Miniaturist last night. OMG the cinematographer had a field day - every scene looked like it was taken from the canvas of a Dutch Master.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The Miniaturist was fantastic! I can't wait for the next episode. That was a great cliffhanger.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I couldn't wait. I found The Miniaturist at one of the download places and watched the whole thing. I enjoyed it so much. I might watch it again.

When it aired in the UK, it was 2 episodes that aired over two consecutive nights. Here in the US, for some reason they are making everyone suffer by chopping it into 3 parts, and airing it once a week over 3 weeks! Ridiculous.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 14, 2018 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've only watched the first 15 minutes and am finding it depressing and claustrophic. I'm so worried something terrible is going to happen to her pet bird, and that sister is horrible. Not sure I can continue with this, but if you guys say it's so good, maybe I'll hang in there a bit.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ugh. So, I did watch all of the Miniturist. Yes, it's gorgeous to look at. Interesting cinematography, etc. But the story. blaaaa. I kept expecting it to get good. I wanted more from the miniaturist. I cannot recommend it. It was quite unsatisfying to me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Interesting PBS documentary about the history of the Mayo Clinic..

I assume it will repeat.

Amazing place and history.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I may be the only person on earth who had not seen Downton Abbey before, I tried to watch it but always missed the first episode or first season and so I gave it up. Then one happy morning my local French channel showed the first episode airing right after lunch time every day and my pvr was busy recording and my delight to discover it is a great series and I can now understand why so many people got hooked to this series and it won so many awards. Well folks, it's never too late to discover great shows even if dated.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, excellent documentary on Mayo Clinic. I recorded it. Am in the middle of it now. If I ever get really sick -- I'm only 337 miles from Rochester. Both sets of my grandparents lived in NE Iowa. Only app. 100 miles from Mayo. Maternal grandfather had surgery app. mid '50s. Came here to Chicago 'burbs for it. Needed more than his local docs / hospital. In app. '60 had lower leg amputated. Everything was done local there. Could have gone to Mayo? Never heard talk of it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching the Woman in White? I can't wait to see how it will end, very suspenseful and a classic British spooky mystery. It reminds me of the US Sinner series, even the introduction graphics are similar.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Spooky it is. Would like to shoot the husband and his diabolical friend.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Don’t forget! Call the Midwife Christmas special on Dec 25.