TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Red Line

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Red Line users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, June 08, 2019 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Is anybody here watching The Red Line? It is apparently a new series. I found it tonight on CBS.com and watched the two hour opening episode. Very powerful storyline, and I couldn't NOT watch all two hours. Except I cried all two hours,but I cry a lot over the state of America these days anyway.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I watched some of the series. IIRC CBS aired the series in 3 or 4 successive Sunday night 2-hour episodes. Watched the first Sunday night which brought me back for the next. The second Sunday not as good as the first. Third . . . well. Skipped the next. Didn't think the writing or acting were very good. Storyline was good, but could have been written better. And, yes, too much male lip-locking for me. I remember thinking enough already.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I watched a couple of Sundays, but gave up on the program. Not very good writing or acting and the people weren't very likable. IMO

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I watched the whole season. To me it was gripping the whole time. Sad it’s only one season but enjoyed it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh! Duh! It never even occurred to me that the gay storyline would be too controversial to be mainstream. That explains why it is two hour segments, as I found out tonight. So, it did not actually air in prime time CBS? Forgive me for knowing so little about television while posting on a television message board. I only watch Survivor, Big Brother and Amazing Race in real time. Most of the rest I watch in one hour segments per night on cbs.com.

So I watched the second segment tonight. I'm finding it fairly fascinating. It doesn't seem to be pulling any punches. I hope to HELL Tia and her family don't end up really hurt.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It was always shown two hours on Sunday evenings -- either 7 - 9 or 8 - 10 Central. Don't remember which. Unforgotten on PBS was opposite Red Line. I can watch / record two programs at the same time on TiVo. Love Unforgotten. That's a definite can't miss. I try not to double my TV time so last two Sundays I recorded Red Line, but pretty much didn't watch.

I see Lazylu agrees with me re writing and acting. As I remember, Harrison was good character. He was killed in first episode. That was the basis for storyline for the series.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I watched every episode and LOVED it!! In the final (?) episode where her biological dad started judging her dads, I saw red. Grew up in a church just like that.

Off topic - sorta' - My DH also came from a similar family, but we have evolved together the last 30 years. He was visiting his brother who is in hospice care yesterday. He's gone every week this month. The first week, his brother started to say something about "salvation" to my son, but his wife (thankfully) stopped him. We figured it was because he mentioned a whisky tasting while talking with his cousin. Not a big deal, and the joke in our house is that we know they pray for us because we've "strayed" from our beliefs.

Well, last night when he came home, he told me it was a good thing I hadn't gone. They were all talking about an old friend they knew, and his sister mentioned that he had "come out" recently. DH's SIL said, "Fa**ot"!!! Even DH's sister who is super conservative seemed shocked. SIL just said she wouldn't say that in public, but in her own house. I am still seething. Had I been there, we would have walked out immediately after I said a few choice words. The hate in some "Christians" makes me nauseous.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I finished 3rd episode tonight. I am finding it quite gripping, although I am watching with my heart in my throat through most scenes. I was so scared Liam was going to have been either beat up badly or raped following his arrest. And I worry about the daughter being harmed.

No hint to this point of the birth father becoming known. That will be quite a twist. Final scene tonight was of Tia answering her door to the press and them demanding comments on her being Jira's mother.

I have no complaints with any of the acting. It's a real gritty story line. I love that there is a transgender teenager and that Matt just opted himself into the outcast club of two.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

As I remember, Harrison was good character. He was killed in first episode. That was the basis for storyline for the series.

Oh! I thought it might be called the Red Line because Tia's husband drives "The El" on The Red Line. But maybe they will make more episodes about other people who ride The Red Line. That could be interesting.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Finished it tonight. I don't watch much television, but I do not regret spending 8 hours on this small drama about big topics.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
juju... it definitely leaves you with a lot to think about!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: