TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 04, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 04, 2019 users admin

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, May 27, 2019 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Little Big Lies second season coming June 9th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCWevZV945M

So excited!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show is coming that appears to be a reboot of Ghost Whisperer, "In Between" on NBC.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I plan to watch that.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I do, too. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Judging by the previews, it's a police procedural, where Ghost Whisperer was more of a paranormal drama and not so much about cops.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We've been watching Chernobyl. I find it very hard to watch at times. So much death and devastation. I remember when it happened. I don't think we were getting the full story at the time. I wonder how all these details are coming out now, cause Russia still isn't the most open with their information.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
A local radio show I listen to on the way home talks about Chernobyl - they say it is one of the best shows on television right now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is hard to watch, but very well done.

I am also watching The Hot Zone, three night miniseries, based on a real incident with Ebola Zaire here in the US, and the political wrangling between agencies, denial and secrecy are sobering indeed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We are also Enjoying The Hot Zone. Since it's a NatGeo production, I had no idea they would have such high caliber actors in it.

Chernobyl is good, too. Just plain gut-wrenching.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
what I can't understand is why they are burning off the hotzone episodes

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's a NatGeo 3 day "Event". I prefer it this way. It's the closest I can get to binging with a tv broadcast.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Chernobyl was really tough for me to watch the other night when they were going around shooting all the pets. Just horrible.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too, I had to ff when I saw the litter of puppies. Actually the very first night in the flash forward, they kept showing the cat and then the guy out out extra food and hung himself. I always worry about the animals.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Arrrrg, my Nat Geographic channel has lost all its programming info, so didn't tape the three hour finale starting at 5pm, I can't see if it repeats, and I can't just set it to record just the upcoming hours in case it does (because the info has one long show from now until June 10th!).

So I just tried to see if it was online, it is, but you have to sign in or just have 60min free preview. But my husband isn't home yet, so the 59 mins is ticking away without us!

Hopefully the "sign in" is to the local carrier, which is Directv, and I will be able to get it, but I'm not trying anything else until hubby is home.

So frustrating, I really wanted to see the finale tonight, I like these short binge shows.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, the 3 hours starts again tonight immediately following the first run.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja. Do you know if episode 6 was two hours? I'm sure the original recording had episode 5 (1hour) and episode 6 (2hours) but what's airing now only has 1hour for Ep5 and 1hour for Ep6.

I found Ep5 online already, so hopefully Ep6 will be there if the tv one doesn't tape.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was just one hour, and I'm all caught up now. Thanks for the help!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 1:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The scheduling was so confusing here for the Hot Zone. Something recorded tonight but I watched Jeopardy and Amazing Race and My Final Days.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I read the book Hot Zone. It took me a long time to be able to sleep again after I finished it. So, I won't be able to watch it.

What really scares me know is that there is the largest outbreak of Ebola going on now and the people in charge can't contain it because they are being attacked and killed by people who don't trust the workers.

‘On a knife edge’: Ebola outbreak threatens to escalate as violence rises

quote:

The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is threatening to spiral out of control, with ongoing violence aimed at the Ebola response workers undermining efforts to stop spread of the deadly virus.

STAT spoke to a number of experts involved with or closely monitoring the situation to try to get a sense of where the outbreak in northeastern DCR is heading.

Each one agreed: A disaster is unfolding.

I guess this story can be the sequel.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
1) Learning lots of new words while watching the finals of the Scripps National Spelling Bee live on ESPN. I get stressed for the kids though!

2) I don't have streaming but if anyone watches Good Omens on Amazon, I'd appreciate a review if someone would post one! (I've read the book a few times.) Thanks!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read the book, too.

There will be an encore marathon of The Hot Zone this Saturday. NatGeo.

I am watching Going Viral: Beyond The Hot Zone right now.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Jeopardy may have been broken and now the Spelling Bee has announced they are in uncharted territory - currently in 18th round with 8 spellers remaining. If they go through the 20th round, they will crown co-champions rather than continuing to one speller left.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm watching the new Deadwood movie on HBO and LOVING it. Every time E.B. comes on screen I still expect him to say "Hi. I'm Larry, this is my brother, Darryl, and this is my other brother, Darryl." LOL

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I just happened upon The Hot Zone and based on the recommendations here am watching episode one. May have to record the others. Can't binge watch tonight, have to switch to Bruins hockey in a couple hours.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anyone who liked Chernobyl, there are a set of podcasts/commentary for it that are meant to be very interesting.

HBO has both the shows and the commentaries on demand, so you can probably set up the show to play on the tv and play the podcasts on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO79iP69FaZPKaMDoSPAtGdoa3wd3lp9n