TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: All in the Family/The Jeffersons Live Recreation: Archive through May 28, 2019 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Did anybody else watch this? I recorded it on a whim and hubby and I were laughing out loud. Jamie Foxx was hysterical as George Jefferson. He had all his mannerisms and his cocky little walk down pat. And Marissa Tomei was perfect as Edith. Her quavery little voice and her body language (flitting from here to there like a little bird) were spot on. I used to watch both of these shows on the couch with my parents back in the 70s. Such fun to revisit!

https://www.today.com/popculture/all-family-jeffersons-live-show-see-best-moments-t154747?cid=sm_npd_td_fb_ma

Starr

07-09-2005

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I watched. And laughed. I thought Jamie Fox was so funny when he slipped up. Like you, I watched these shows back in the 70s - along with most other Norman Lear shows!

Sad to see we haven't come very far as a society, tho.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have it recorded and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Great to hear it was good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch them. I guess the seventies had me busy with work, commute, training and showing dogs and limited reception on a black and white small tv. I didn't watch much tv in the eighties either.

I was definitely aware of Edith and Archie, though.

I did see some clips on I think Nightline and the news and you could tell that the cast was really enjoying the experience.

And the part where Jamie said the audience will think their tv messed up .. He kept it going very well. Others were trying to stay in character.

The clips I saw would show an original scene, then the new version.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I didn't care for the All in the Family Episode, I only lasted about 10 minutes. Just thought I was watching bad acting. But, the Jeffersons was good and the acting was much better.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I loved Marissa Tomei as Edith. She was spot on. Did not care for Woody Harrelson as Archie though. He was just meh to me. Loved Jamie Foxx. He was perfect as George Jefferson. Loved how he screwed up and let us all know about it too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I am soooo mad at myself. Completely forgot about it and didn't even tape it. While I get ABC TV station I can't access ABC videos online cuz I'm in Canada. A friend will try to dl it for me if it ever comes available online. Unless you guys have any suggestions... I could only access YouTube videos of Jimmy Kimmel promoting it. If they are going to ever replay it on TV, PLEASE let me know.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I didn't see it but the entertainment shows were cracking up at Jamie Foxx calling himself out, saying it wasn't a glitch with your tv, hahhahahaha, I cracked up watching that clip.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I forgot to tape it. I will have to see if one of the streaming services has it or if is available On Demand.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I watched it. It was okay.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I was SO happy to see Marla Gibbs reprise her roll in The Jeffersons. She looks good for 86/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Actually she will be 88 real soon. She was sharp and in great shape. Looked pretty too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Norman Lear at 96 took the cake for being sharp and spry.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
MB they are rebroadcasting it tomorrow night!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh good! I'll get to watch it without tornado warnings cutting into the show, and warnings pasted all over the screen.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the Jeffersons. Loved Keri Washington as Helen. I cried when Marla showed up.

Woody was horrible as Archie. I remember Sally Struthers as a blonde so not sure why that actress had brown hair in the role

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Scootsy I freakin' luv ya! Thanks so much!!!

I googled and it's at 8 PM E.T. on Saturday.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Dangit. Seems like it's only being rebroadcast in the States. Shark Tank is scheduled instead here. (I will double-check tomorrow night just in case.)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay! It IS scheduled to air again here on ABC tonight! It finally got listed properly on our cable guide. Hubby just noticed it two minutes ago. It starts in 10 minutes. Talk about a lucky break! :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, May 26, 2019 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
All in the family was good. The Jeffersons was exceptional. Glad I finally got to see it. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 27, 2019 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I agree with you about Woody as Archie. He just didn't fit the role. Archie was more chubby and a blowhard. Also it bugged me that Gloria was not blond. Nobody could replace the original cast. Oh, well. We enjoyed it anyway. Thanks for the memories!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 27, 2019 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
carol o Connor as Archie is irreplaceable, but Woody didn’t even come close, in fact he kept me from enjoying the All In The Family portion. I did love The Jefferson portion, though.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, May 27, 2019 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
sorry that I missed this show

the old episodes have been airing late at night but not sure they are still showing them

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, May 27, 2019 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I was at first upset with casting ,thought Chandra Wilson would have made a great Louise and Wanda Sykes Florence . Buttttt.....when Marla Gibbs showed up it made sense

Woody kept falling into a southern accent. IMHO. The best parts we’re Norman Lear,Marla Gibbs, Jamie Foxx Marisa Tomei and Jennifer Hudson

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We were captivated by Marisa Tomei's portrayal of Edith. She was so funny with her sunny optimism and her flighty movements. She really captivated the character!