TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 15, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through May 15, 2019 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Enjoy! It's a good movie!

Family lore has it that my grandfather lived right down the road from Bonnie's mother back in the day. But then again, my grandfather was a notorious liar and loved to tell tall tales. (He told me in the 1960s that he once had a statue of Marilyn Monroe that was worth 3 million dollars! LOL)

However, we do know for a fact that that he lived in the area of Texas where Bonnie's mother lived.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have seen B&C movie 2 - 3 times previously, but not recently. Yes, good one!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This new season of Santa Clarita Diet is so much better than last season. Just started ep 6.

It's the comedy about a normal family, but the mom (Drew Barrymore), is undead. Mainly the show is about their adventures in finding her people to eat, as well keeping the secret. Plus, they have to keep themselves safe from the zombie hunters in the world.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So you got a little Texan blood coarsing through your veins, SFJF. Supposedly my Dads much older bro saw Bonnie and Clyde in a park one day.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"So you got a little Texan blood coarsing through your veins, SFJF"

There's no such thing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have to go back and read this thread now, a little disappointed in ow few recent movies are offered, but I read they have really cut down on them lately. So far have watched all their Great british baking shows, will go back and read this thread to get ideas of other things to watch.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just finished "Black Summer". It had me on the edge of my seat for much of the time.

Netfix - all 8 eps of season 1 just released. I have already binged the whole season...and I miss it already.

It has been referred to as the prequel for "Z Nation", but I think that's mainly because it was created by the same people and much of the same crew as Z Nation...and it's the same apocalypse. However, it wasn't a comedy at all, just a gripping drama showing the start of the zombie apocalypse we saw on Z Nation.

DJ Squalls (I think that's his name), the actor who played Citizen Z on ZN said Black Summer takes place a long time before Z Nation's timeline so there would be no crossovers of the Z Nation characters. I think that's good because one was a zany comedy and one is a gripping drama.

The only resemblance I saw between ZN and BS was in the production values and the washed out color. There's a lot more drama and a whole lot more suspense, but a lot less blood and gore on BS, and there's none of the wacky comedy or weird characters. The main star is Jaime King, who played Lemon Breeland on "Hart of Dixie".

I think you'll really like it, Naja! :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sounds good!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oops, I forgot to leave the link to trailers.

Several trailers for Black Summer here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=black+summer+trailer

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched the first 3 eps yesterday. I was disappointed it wasn't like Z Nation with some lightheartedness. I have enough serious shows. I'm not sure I'll finish it. I dropped Walking Dead and FTWD a couple seasons ago.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When I first saw it and started watching I had no idea it was related to ZN so I wasn't looking for, or expecting any, comedy at all. I read about the show later and discovered it's connection to ZN.

What I liked most about it was the suspense. There was suspense in ZN, but my typical reaction to ZN's suspense was laughter because it usually came with some kind of wacky humor, rather than cringing on the edge of my seat like I did with BS. (Btw, "BS" is a rather unfortunate shortcut to refer to this show! :-))

ZN was just funny. TWD is more suspenseful but it also feels more desperate and depressing. To me, BS is more exciting like an action movie than either of the other two undead series. Zombies that turn so quickly and are really fast and strong are a lot more scary than the lumbering, limping, rotting ones we see most often on TWD. I don't think even Michonne could take out a half dozen of BS zombies all by herself like she can on TWD.

ETA - But to each his, or her, own. I just hope enough people watch it and like it for several more seasons! :-)

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
If you have Acorn look for Corner Gas Station...quirky and cute.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Is that a spin off of Corner Gas, the Canadian show? Or is that the show you are referring to? I watched the entire series and the follow up movie but there is now an animated version I haven’t bothered with. Brett Butt is married to Nancy Robertson (FYI lol). I wonder if all those years writing and working with your spouse made for the funniest house on the block or a giant P.I.T.A. Lol couldn’t have been too bad because they did it all again in the short lived ‘Hiccups’ which I loved but must have been in the minority because it didn’t last very long.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just watched the new release Johnathon, sort of sci-fi. Kept me interested untill the end. I don't want to give anything away.

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
I binged Season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet. It is so funny. I really enjoyed it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just watched the first 2 eps of Dead to Me and I am hooked.

It's a dark comedy that stars Christina Applegate as a new widow, whose husband was killed by a hit and run. She makes friends with a strange woman at her support group who has a lot of secrets, and the show revolves around the two women.

The subject matters in the show are dark, but it's a comedy.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching "Insatiable" at Netflix? It came out months ago but I recently started it.

It's about a girl who loses a lot of weight and goes into the pageant world. It sounds like a family "afterschool special" but it is SO not that.

It's a comedy that stretches the limits and then the following episode stretches them even more, and so on and so on... It's really funny in a twisted and surprising kind of way. Not a typical comedy and it's unpredictable.

Check it out!

Here's the official trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-81WVD8xTs

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
i just binge watched “ Dead To Me” I can hardly wait for season 2. Loved it...

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up on Dead To Me. It’s about time I found something on Netflix I like. Good to see Ed Asner. I’m thinking he must be close to 90. I just finished episode 3.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
has anyone watched the Zak Efron Ted Bundy netflix show yet? Im not sure if its a movie or series

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Pamy, it's a movie and it's called Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile

It's good. And I trust the accounts because one of the writers is his ex-girlfriend Elizabeth Kendall (Kloepfer). She's Ted Bundy's GF with the children in the movie.

It was funny to see Sheldon Cooper show up as a prosecutor in the movie. LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i just watched it. Zak did an amazing job!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
i also enjoyed "Dead to Me', excellent writing ,I never saw a couple of twits coming. Now watching "Last Tango In Halifax" where I am seeing actors from other shows like Kate who is on "Killing Eve"while Caroline was a police officer on another British show whose title I cannot remember.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I know some people love to binge watch but I wish that Netflix would release their series like HBO does (one new episode per week). It helps limit spoilers and it encourages anticipation and water cooler type discussion on message boards etc. I think it helps build the shows up.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch "After Life" on Netflix? I really enjoyed this show. It stars Ricky Gervais, it's funny, but not really just a comedy. About a man who has recently lost his wife and is going through the grieving process. Please check it out if you can.
The first season is only 6 episodes of about a 1/2 hour each so it's not a huge time investment. It recently got a renewal for a 2nd season. I highly recommend it!