TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 22, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 22, 2019 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was shocked when that character was killed. I enjoy the series and don’t take it very seriously but that actually upset me.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah it was tough losing "Ofelia Salazar" for a second time!

It took me the first couple of episodes to actually recognize her as the actress who played Ofelia on Fear the Walking Dead....but once I did, I always thought of Ofelia when I saw her on The Rookie and I'd always think "she did pretty well after dying and becoming a walker...and dying again...on FTWD!":-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just wanted to remind everyone that all the pay baseball channels are free today for opening day.

I don't know if it extends beyond today, but sometimes these free things last a week.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that's cool. I forgot that it is opening day.

The Blue Jays have badly overpriced their tickets and attendance is way down as a result (that and the fact that they aren't very good).

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's an excellent opening day for my Cubbies. Bottom of the 9th we are 12-2 over Texas :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
loved last nights crazy ex-girlfriend last night,next week is the finale, followed by a song and dance show live from radio city, I wanted to buy tickets but felt 420 was a bit much to spend for lousy seats.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 21, 2019 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just watched the 60 Year Motown Anniversary special on CBS and it was so fun. I sang along the whole way through! :-)

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Saturday, April 27, 2019 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if the canceled the show Midnight Texas? Thanks ahead.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 27, 2019 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was canceled.

https://tvline.com/2018/12/21/midnight-texas-cancelled-season-3-nbc/

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Oh. Thanks Karuuna.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 02, 2019 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch the Billboard Music Awards last night (although I am chuckling at the Queen B fans who are mad because they think Taylor Swift copied Beyoncé's Coachella performance by having a marching band on stage...if that upsets them then someone should remind them that Fleetwood Mack had an entire marching band on long before Beyoncé...LOL) but have been looking at the fashion pictures and have decided this is an event where people tend to wear ugly, non-flattering clothes!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2019 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was a pretty good awards show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Anybody watching The Act on Hulu? We just finished watching it on Wednesday night, and hubby and I are haunted by it. Such a sad story of a girl whose mother tried to keep her dependent on her by pretending she was sick and in a wheelchair. And the boy she meets online and convinces to kill her mother (it's a true life story that's been in the news for a few years, so I'm not spoiling anything) is obviously on the Autism spectrum. His behavior reminds us so much of our son. The cast and the acting were awesome. Patricia Arquette (nearly unrecognizable as the mother) and Chloe Sevigny are in it. So good. I expect many Emmy nominations for this one.}

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
If you have Amazon Prime...."Miranda" is new to Amazon Prime and I have really enjoyed it. British comedy and very funny. I highly recommend.

It was on HULU but I never finished watching it because of the mandatory commercial breaks.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I watched The Act too. Excellent series. It really left me wanting to know more -- more about the aftermath, the court cases, etc. It's such a sad story and amazing that it went on for years and years. And Gypsy ends up being as manipulative as her mother as it's the only thing she ever learned. Crazy story. Truth is stranger than fiction. The young woman who played Gypsy was amazing too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Chernobyl, on HBO, is excellent. Very grim, not surprisingly, but excellent.

Two episodes have aired already but as it's HBO they will probably repeat or be On Demand.

It's a dramatisation of the events of Chernobyl, and meant to be quite realistic to what actually happened.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am watching that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have really been enjoying the NBC sitcom called "Abby's".

The show revolves a woman named Abby and all the regular customers that go to her illegal backyard bar. And it's really filmed outside.

https://www.nbc.com/abbys

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the series finale for Veep on HBO. All of the characters had become such ridiculous caricatures of people in DC that having Tom Hanks knock Selena out of the news cycle at the very end was so fitting and perfect. The last scene of Gary put a tear in my eye.

I also found the first episode of Chernobyl to be very good. I didn't expect to like it but I was definitely pulled in. It was shocking to see the extent to which some kept acting like nothing was wrong.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It gets more shocking, the party line, in the second episode.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching Fosse Verdon on FX? It is sooooo good!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I forgot about it. Will go into Demand and catch up. Wasn't there a movie about Fosse many years ago?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yes,where it went over his heart attack. Not so much about his marriage.

I have to catch up,. I hate when I get sick and start sleeping so much, I have a bunch of shows on dvr I have yet to see. and this is one and killing eve is another.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
HBO has a documentary on Gypsy Rose and her mom called
“ Mommy Dead and Dearest” for those who enjoyed the Act.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have seen that.