TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
All in the Family/The Jeffersons Live...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: All in the Family/The Jeffersons Live Recreation users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 28, 2019Babyjaxmom25 05-28-19  11:05 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
please post if you hear about this being shown again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rosie, good to see your name here!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Hi SEA!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Hi SEA!

The old All in the Family is on channel LOGO right now.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
a new neighbor has moved in next door. he is wearing a gun...…...

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
My husband has watched all these episodes and The Jefferson’s too. When I saw Good Times show up on the TV I put my foot down. Was Good Times a spin off from something?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
It was a spin off from Maude which was a spin off from All in the Family.

I liked Good Times until they got rid of the father.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
ThNks. Now was there a spin off from The Jefferson’s? Did Florence have a show?

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I had toast and eggs for breakfast but don't remember more spin offs.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was about Florence and her apartment building. It was called 227. It was where I first remember seeing Jackee and Regina King.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
227 wasn't a Jeffersons spinoff. The character wasn't Florence. Her name was Mary on that show. I loved 227. (the reruns play on more than one channel right now)

The one with the character Florence was called "Checking In". Florence played a hotel maid. I just checked IMDB and it only lasted 4 episodes.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Seems I have a vague memory of a show revolving around Gloria from All In The Family, if so, it must have died with Checking In.
The best spin off ever has to be Frazier.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was called "Gloria."

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
agree about frazier - one of my favorites

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 03, 2019 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Frasier was brilliant. I’d say the best spin-off of all time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
On December 18, NBC is doing this again! Yes! Except this time it's holiday episodes of "All in the Family" and "Good Times". No Jeffersons this time around.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that’ll be fun. Same actors for All in the Family I guess? I wonder who they’ll have for Good Times?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
My husband will be thrilled. I’d like them to change the actors. At least Woody Harrelson. Love the actor, just not in the role of Archie. Of course those are impossible shoes to fill.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As of 2 days ago, the cast hadn't been revealed yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I never missed an episode of The Jefferson’s, Good Times not so much, will have to YouTube a couple episodes to remind me of the players. I absolutely loved Esther Rolle and John Amos. I know Esther has passed away but would love to see Amos in a cameo.

If they replace one actor then I hope they replace them all. Would feel like judgement otherwise. Lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I used to watch Good Times. I just loved that as much as they struggled and fought as a family in that show, it always came down to the love they had for each other. JJ could be annoying at times, but the parents were so sweet with each other, and the other kids were cute.

And wasn't this the show where Janet Jackson got her acting start???

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
BJM, yes she was Valona's daughter

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Looks like Woody gets to keep his role. I like the new AITF cast members.

"ABC on Wednesday announced that Woody Harrelson, Marisa Tomei, Ellie Kemper and Ike Barinholtz will reprise their respective roles as Archie, Edith, Gloria and “Meathead” in its holiday-themed Live in Front of a Studio Audience special (airing Wednesday, Dec. 18 at 8/7c). They will be joined by new cast members Kevin Bacon, Jesse Eisenberg and Justina Machado in as-yet-specified roles.

As reported in November, the second edition of Studio Audience will feature episodes of Norman Lear’s All in the Family and Good Times. Casting for Good Times will be revealed at a later date (though soon, let’s hope!).
"

https://tvline.com/2019/12/11/all-in-the-family-live-cast-returning-marisa-tomei-woody-harrelson/

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Maybe Woody will get more into it and we’ll get more used to him. He has big shoes to fill. Looking forward to seeing it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 12, 2019 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The "Good Times" part of the cast was released today.

Viola Davis and Andre Braugher as Florida Evans and James Evans, Jay Pharoah as J.J Evans, Asante Blackk as Michael Evans, Corinne Foxx as Thelma Evans and Tiffany Haddish recreating the role of Willona Woods. Jharrel Jerome is also confirmed to join the star-studded cast. Joining forces for a show-stopping musical performance will be ABC’s Anthony Anderson and the legendary Patti LaBelle.

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/dy-no-mite..../

The live musical number by Patty And Anthony will be the Good Times theme song.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They are still showing all the Congress stuff live on ABC and this show starts in 25 minutes. I'm still holding out hope the show will be shown live and on time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes! They went back to regular programming on time.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: