TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 19, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through April 19, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am really looking forward to it as well Kappy, I was going to make a thread so I think I will do it now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, done... I copied over Kappy's comment.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Was anybody else here a fan of the HBO show "Deadwood"? Well there's going to be a feature length movie with all the old cast members! Yes!

"Deadwood: The Movie"
Premieres May 31, on HBO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAcftIUE6MQ

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to that. Thanks, Naja.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sorry I missed seeing your mention of The Act Naja. I'm caught up on The Act. Such an interesting and creepy story. I can't wait to see the final 3 episodes and then will search for some real video of this family. Seems just tragic that this went on for so long.

I need to look for the Fosse show on FX. Sam Rockwell is so talented.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yes, Naja- I loved Deadwood so I am really looking forward to the movie! Deadwood is the reason I went on to watch Olyphant in Justified.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Anyone (Canadian) watching “Jann”? She isn’t the greatest actress but she holds her own and her snarky humour is right up my alley. Lol. Best part is getting to hear that beautiful voice for at least a few moments every episode. After seeing Zoie Palmer as an android on Dark Matter for years, it was disconcerting to see her playing Jann’s sister but I am learning to adjust. Lol haven’t gotten to episode with Rick Mercer yet but they have always had the greatest chemistry so I can’t wait!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've seen previews of it but I don't watch a lot of comedy anymore and she seemed a bit abrasive to me in the previews. Also from the previews, I wasn't sure what it was about (sit-com, stand-up?). Maybe I wasn't paying attention?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
She is playing herself but in a fictionalized family. Much like Wil Wheaton’s appearances in Big Bang. So definitely sitcom, not documentary/reality style.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that might be fun! As I mentioned, the previews (well they weren't exactly previews, they were kind of her being interviewed) were rather confusing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's a new show premiering on ABC tonight called
"Bless This Mess" and the previews look so funny!

This new single-camera comedy follows newlyweds Rio (Lake Bell) and Mike (Dax Shepard) as they make the decision to move from big city New York to rural Nebraska. After dropping everything (including their jobs and overbearing mother-in-law) to make the move from skyscrapers to farmhouses, they soon realize that the simpler life isn't as easy as they planned. Rio and Mike must now learn how to weather the storm as they are faced with unexpected challenges in their new life as farmers.

https://abc.go.com/shows/bless-this-mess

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Can't wait for Bless This Mess! The commercials for it already have me laughing out loud. :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Hope it is good! 👍

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Like the movie Money Pit perhaps. Too bad I don’t like the actors playing the male and female lead. I’ve got it DVRd anyway.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Like the movie Money Pit perhaps.

Or maybe Green Acres?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Looks like Green Acres but with stupid people. I am passing on it.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
It started out just kind of ok, but it got better towards the end. Seems like a strong supporting cast. I will watch again.

And Mr and Mrs Douglas weren’t the sharpest in the beginning LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it was really fun. It was a little manic, but I'm sure once the actors settle into their characters, it will get much better. The first couple episodes of every new sitcom I have ever watched were a little off.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Looks like Green Acres but with stupid people.

LOL are you implying that Green Acres didn't have stupid people?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
More like naive. And Eva Cabot was known to be someone who would be a fish out of water and was funny. Also, they had a catchy theme song.

From The preview, anyone with common sense doesn't climb a ladder that high without having someone on the ground.

Mostly, these actors are not giving me the vibe of people I want to watch.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Who is the mother of the female lead? What has she been in. It looks like Dak Shepard has had some Botox or plastic surgery.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 4 of Life in Pieces starts tonight, Thursday. There are 2 back to back new eps.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Curb Your Enthusiasm, Susie Essmen. In answer to my own question.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, hearing her I kept thinking Linda Lavin, but looking at her I knew it wasn’t her. Didn’t know who she was.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 19, 2019 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
LOL Linda Lavine....She was great as a suburban zombie on Netflix's "The Santa Clarita Diet!