TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 20, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through May 20, 2019 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Watch party anyone?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Whoa! Didn't see that coming!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I had some issues with the finale, but overall I LOVED it. 👍💜🐲💜👍

Azriel

08-01-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
I spent all last week defending the writers, but after tonight all I can say is they suck. That was worse than any ending I could ever imagine.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought it was kind of slow comparatively, and overall a bit of a letdown. There was a lot of "soulful walking around."

But given where they had taken it the last few episodes, it was the best they could do to wrap it up, I think.

And even though they are only planning prequels, it seemed to leave some room/hints for a future series as well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    

I liked the comic relief at Tyrion's meeting. LOL

I was very sad that Jon had to go back to the night watch. At least he won't have to deal with white walkers anymore.

anyway, I thought the finale was awesome!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maybe it was just me, but the final conversation between Dany and Jon didn't feel like it lead up appropriately to what he did.

And I was surprised Drogon didn't torch him. There was no explanation for that.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I am cracking up at the Twitter memes of hating the finale. I loved it, but I totally agree on some issues. 😂😂😂

I want a spin-off of Arya travelling beyond Westeros.

P.S. The Westworld preview looked awesome.

#imallovertheplace 😁

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Is Jon staying at the NightWatch? I got the impression that he was leaving with the Wildlings, and not going back.

Rieann, Twitter is always funny.

I just felt for all the "soulful walking" they could have added more story instead and tied it all together better.

And Bran as King? I mean I like him, but he makes a very inadequate Yoda. "you were right where you were meant to be." That's it?

And maybe he find Drogon. Those are his contributions?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Jimmer! I was happy she was alive but I liked the theory of her being dead :-)

I think considering the eps leading up to the finale that it was a pretty good finale. It didnt end like I wanted but I'm ok with it. Sad John was banished to the watch but at least he is with people he likes and he gave his wolf some love!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
2 weeks ago when we were all so upset that Jon didnt give Snow love I bet the writers were thinking...just wait..., he will soon!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought it was dreadful. Possibly even worse than "Lost". An incredibly intricate complex plot leading up to .... nothing that made any sense whatsoever.

I honestly don't think they could have come up with a worse ending. Anything would have been better than this.

Just pick any of the remaining characters and make them King or Queen and it would have been better. It's not that I don't like Bran. He'll probably be a great King. It's just that it makes zero sense for him to end up as King, given how the plot developed throughout the entire series.

What was the point of the Night King? Not explained.

What were Bran's significant contributions for the entire series? Nothing other than for some reason the Night King found him attractive.

What was the point of Jon being a Targaryen and heir to the throne? No point.

What was the point of Bran being the three eyed raven? Uh .... nothing that changed the outcome.

Drogon just flies off? What?

Grey Worm just agrees to let Bran be King ... with Tyrion (his prisoner) now running things?

What exactly is Jon doing at the end wandering off into the woods? Who knows?

I could go on and on.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Pssst Pamy . . . Snow is Jon's last name and Ghost is his dire wolf, LOL!!

I was also glad to see Ghost get some love from Jon . . . and the poor guy lost an ear (Ghost, not Jon).

Jimmer, you about covered all my questions.

I'm now thinking back to an interviewer on one of those entertainment TV shows asking Kit Harrison "if you could describe the season finale in one word" and he said "disappointing".

I wish I could say "You know nothing Jon Snow".

With that said, I say Go Arya!! I would love to see her adventures as she heads West!!

Azriel

08-01-2000

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I have the same issues. Grey Worm had the upper hand and had his chest all puffed up wanting justice and then they say our king decides and Grey Worm is jeepers all right guys have it your way darn it.

I don’t care that Bran saw the meaning of life when he was flapping around in a three eyed raven, I don’t think the people are going to rally around him. John was the person that would bring everyone together. I thought it was totally out of character for Sansa not to tell everyone he was the rightful heir.

Who in the hell would put Bronn on the council as the master of coin?!? There is nowhere in the universe where that would make any sense!! We entered the twilight zone in that scene.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Mrs Mack and I actually watched the show “live” rather than off the DVR. Having slept on the outcome overnight we talked this morning about our overall impression. Quite frankly we are a bit disappointed in finale and feel it was too fragmented. More thoughts about that later. What was settled:

Jamie and Cersei are definitely dead. We both thought there was an outside chance one or both somehow survived and would complicate the ending.

Daenerys had lost it and it seemed fitting Jon would the one to kill her though before the show we thought Arya might be involved.

Not so settled:

Jon, the supposed rightful heir to the throne, goes off with the Wildings. Really? Obviously the notion of being part of the Watch, never marrying, and having no children didn’t sit well with him. Regardless of his supposed opposition to being king that might change and his potential offspring may not share that hesitancy.

Bran....now called Bran the Broken (not a title I’d be particularly fond of)....gets chosen as the king of the now six kingdoms but by a lukewarm vote. Add that he is unable to father an heir and the six kingdoms might degenerate in six warring factors. That’s about a firm as jello on a warm summer day and potentially leads to a very uncertain future.

Sansa pulls the North out of the now six kingdom alliance and sets herself up as Queen of the North. That certainly could lead to some future complications even with her brother Bran the Broken now king of the other six kingdoms.

Arya is disappointed she didn’t get the chance to off Cersei so she decides to pull out of the whole mess and heads off to explore. OK but that’s another Stark on the loose. Seems a bit strange in that she’s been so driven.

Drogon for some reason decides not to crispy critter Jon instead melts the throne in kind of a “if mom can’t have the throne” moment. More concerning is Drogon picks up the dead Daenerys and flies off to parts unknown. So we now have an angry dragon with a dead queen? But is she really dead dead? No Red Witch around but......remember this is a woman who walked out of a fire to become the mother of dragons.

A still very unhappy Grey Worm and the Unsullied sail off to start up their own kingdom. Good luck with that considering they are an army of eunuchs.

So what do Mrs Mack and I make of all these loose ends? Seems to be material for more books and more spinoff television series. There is already strong rumors of a prequel and we certainly have several more options.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Eggie LOL yes Ghost! I had too many white walker shots last nite!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think I figured out the Jon and the wildlings situation.

It seemed just too easy for his own family to send him off so easily to an empty life at the watch. If you go back and watch his family and their attitude again, I think they planned for the wildlings to be there for him. To satisfy certain entities, it only had to look like Jon was sent off to have a shitty rest of his life, instead of with the people who adore him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Unsullied sail off to start up their own kingdom.

I may be wrong on this, but I believe they set sail for Missandei's home? To protect her people? Missandei and Grey Worm had agreed to go to Naath when the war was over, and so it seems he is keeping that promise to her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The IMDB rating for the entire series is 9.5 out of 10 which is down slightly from its high point but still incredibly high. The IMDB rating for the final episode is a dismal 4.8 and falling. It’s extremely hard to find a positive review. It was almost universally disliked. A poorly written, illogical and unsatisfying ending to a fantastic story.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, true but they made a point of giving Grey Worm and the Unsullied the country. Guess it works but now Naath has several thousands eunuchs to feed and maybe no clear enemy. Pretty expensive army. Hope they can farm. Of course that also conveniently gets the Unsullied out of the way considering their queen was dead and there was a residual case of the jaws about that. Grey Worm wasn’t all grins and giggles as he and the Unsullied boarded ships for Naath. Also brings up what happened to the Dothraki? A few hundred horsemen just packed up and went home across the ocean?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I do agree that there were a lot of loose ends and things didn't fit nicely together.

I was just noting that they had a purpose/meaning for going to Naath.

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
I think Drogon did not torch Jon because Jon is Targaryen.

What happened to Arya killing a blue, brown and green eyed person? Who was the green eyed person?

Who is Grey Worm to dictate any terms and conditions, he is a soldier, nothing more.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Because of how upset I was with the show last week, I sat down last night with zero expectations of liking anything.

My theory on Drogon is that he sensed John's love for Daenerys and his grief in her death. In the end, it was her obsession with the Iron Throne that killed her and so fitting that Drogon took out his rage out on it.

How did Bronn get a seat at the table? Perhaps so many had lost their lives that there weren't that many people to choose from?

In the end, I was happy to see Ghost and Tormund there to greet John. I was happy to see Brienne get her spot at the table. I was happy Davos had survived. I just kept looking for what made me happy.

Because as unhappy as I have been this season, this is still one of the greatest series I have ever watched. Every week it was on par with going to a movie and they did it for EIGHT seasons!!

For me, the show died last week and this week was for the funeral and the wake. A little seriousness, a few drinks and some laughter.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I also saw a theory that Drogon didn't take out Jon because he had dragon blood also.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Texas4ever, Daenerys made Grey Worm something like general of all her armies. Kind of hard not to listen to a guy with a few thousand troops when you have basically no army. Might has a certain authority. 🤔😀

Kappy, absolutely agree. The last episode or two notwithstanding this has been a great series. We will most probably buy the whole series once it becomes available and affordable.