TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through May 19, 2019 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ya it’s pure speculation as far as I know. There are some delightfully complicated theories out there involving Daenerys, Arya, Bran, Jon, the Night King, etc.

The writers seem to be following the relatively straight forward path that Daenerys has gone mad and Jon reluctantly becomes King but I’m holding out hope that the writers pull something out and really surprise us.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Dany lost Jorah. Felt betrayed by Tyrion, Varys, and Jon. Lost two of her "children". And watched Missandei's execution when she put her trust in Tyrion's advice about Cersei. I didn't think it was that much of a stretch that she snapped. I totally get that it seemed too quick to some.

At the time the bells rang you could see on her face that she knew the right thing was to stop. But all of the emotions from the losses I mentioned above flickered across her face and she acted out of rage. I thought Emilia Clarke did a great acting job in that moment.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I can see the scenario, but I'm disappointed by it.

Strong people, when faced by tremendous loss, would not take it out on other innocents. So they made her weak. JMO.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I understand her anger. For goodness sake, unless I'm mistaken it sure looked like Varys was trying to have her poisoned!?!? So while I was disappointed to see an entertaining character meet his end, I could understand why she would execute him.

However, I was shocked and disappointed when she pointlessly killed so many innocent people and people who had already surrendered. Very sad.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree with what ya'all are saying.
one more day and we will know the ending. Hoping the last ep has a storyline that is satisfying

I read the petition was more just to show the writers how disappointed people were in this last season. People know it wont be remade. pretty sad when a million people think your writing now sucks.

i feel like they were more worried about cinematography and symbolism that needs to be explained than a storyline that was satisfying to us all

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, if people need her turn to madness explained, then the storylines weren't strong enough for us to see it coming.

You can't make someone out to be a heroine for SEVEN seasons, and then have her go mad in the last one without people being disappointed. Over and over and over we heard that she would be the one to bring peace to the seven kingdoms!

The fans' reaction is more predictable than Dany's turn to madness.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
People, it's just a TV show. Settle down! (Speaking to those million people who've signed a petition to redo the final season, cause it's never gonna happen.)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL no redos. We can always wait for him to finish the books (and wait and wait and wait).

The other thing that puzzles me is the big tagline for the whole series was "Winter is Coming" and the book series was called "A Song of Ice and Fire".

"Winter" and "Ice" kind of seems to have vanished halfway through the final season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I know the petition is going nowhere, but I like that people have a voice to express their disappointment.

There are three offshoot shows in planning, so someone must survive? LOL.

Of course, they could be prequels, I guess.

It is just a TV show, but it was also a cultural phenomenon. So, yeah, people took it pretty seriously in a time where they wanted to believe good prevails, they were disappointed.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes I heard they were prequels. I dont remember if it said that D and D would be producing/writing

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, looked it up. They are all prequels. No interest for me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/game-of-thrones-prequels-new-series-updates.html

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I will probably watch the first ep and decide but as of now it's not something I am excited to see

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don’t understand the current obsession with making prequels. I don’t enjoy watching shows as much when we know how the story turns out. It just seems pointless and predictable.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I hear ya, Jimmer. I'm the same way.

It's why I also don't get people who watch the same movie again, and again. I know the ending, why watch?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve read no spoilers but here are my fearless Game of Thrones predictions. I’ll put them in a spoiler box in case they are right (which is unlikely). Pamy will be happy to hear that my theory below means Arya is still alive.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
There may be some complicated explanation for Daenerys burning down Kings Landing, but even if there is an explanation, it’s hard to see how she can be Queen for any length of time. So Jon is the obvious choice to be King but the problem is that is too obvious.

George R.R. Martin said it would be a bittersweet ending. Jon killing Daenerys and becoming King. Maybe? Daenerys dying after it’s revealed she was driven mad by some other force. Maybe? But what if both Daenerys and Jon die? What then? They have no heirs.

However, in an earlier episode, Daenerys in an almost side thought made Gendry a Lord which makes him legitimate. He would be King Robert’s heir and the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne.

(I originally thought that Gendry might be Cersei’s and Robert’s legitimate son but the above works too.)

So Gendry ends up as King with Arya as Queen, which brings us full circle to what Robert and Ned planned in the first place where Ned’s daughter was to marry Robert’s son.

As you can see, I’ve been thinking way to much about this.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
While I’m not a fan of prequels, I do watch some movies and shows over again. Sometimes it takes additional viewings for me to fully appreciate and enjoy all of the details and nuances. Knowing how it turns out leads me to watch it differently.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I enjoyed reading your personal spoiler. Sounds like this could happen, lol.
I'm anticipating my evening TV viewing tonight for sure!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m glad you enjoyed it Egbok. :-)

It’s been a great ride, however it turns out.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I think you have something there with your theory, Jimmer. It will be interesting to see what they do. I've enjoyed the ride no matter how it turns out. I hated the ending to Lost, but still loved the show.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I keep thinking we will see Sansa on the throne, but I don't know how on earth that would happen.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think there'd have to be serious carnage for Sansa to get there, but maybe with Tyrion? However, I'm not sure Tyrion is going make it through the final episode.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I just have a feeling I'm going to cry tonight . . .

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
1 hour to go!

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
I had the same prediction Jimmer!