TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 18, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through May 18, 2019 users admin

Azriel

08-01-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
Regarding Cercie’s death, it was poetic justice. She smiled as she brought flames and and the roof falling in on Margaery in the Sept and she died in flames with the roof falling in on her, her baby and Jamie. She took pleasure in taking what people loved most from them and she died knowing the people she loved most were dying.

Azriel

08-01-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
Also Dany’s vision of the Iron Throne where it looked like snow was falling around it was explained as you saw the dust floating through the crumbling building. It was probably ashes in her vision. I thought that was major foreshadowing at the time.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Mrs Mack and I watched the Sunday’s episode off our DVR last night. Intense in some ways but maddening, frustrating, and disturbing in others. Thinking back on the show as a whole it seemed rushed trying to tie up too many story lines in one episode and leaving a lot to be decided and settled in the final episode. Maybe that’s what the producers and directors wanted and next Sunday will be a humdinger. Certainly they set it up that pretty much every character thinks Daenerys has gone over the edge and is not fit to be the queen. Now the question is who, how, and when do they stop that from happening.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This article cracks me up.

'Game of Thrones' mock draft: Where your favorite characters might fit in NFL

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/football_nfl/game-of-thrones-mock-draft..../

My Chiefs got Jaqen H'ghar.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was probably ashes in her vision.
There were icicles in the vision which would be inconsistent with ashes, but it could be the writers changed their minds as the show went along.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I thought it was ashes which would be symbolic of the fall of an empire. The old “from the ashes rises a new and better world” kind of thing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
First of all, if you listen to the commentary track on “Valar Morghulis,” you’ll hear actress Emilia Clarke and the episode’s director Alan Taylor refer to the substance in that scene as “snow.” They make several references to how they filmed it like it was snow, and Taylor even says the scene looks like “Christmas.” It’s hard to tell, exactly, but it even looks like there are icicles hanging off the pillars of the room.

What’s more, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss didn’t know Martin’s intended ending until after season three, when they sat down with the author to plot out the rest of the series. It’s possible they had received certain hints that Dany would turn, or inferred for themselves, but it’s also possible the snow on the throne was signaling something else: Jon’s parentage.

https://nerdist.com/article/game-of-thrones-finale-house-of-the-undying-vision/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Lol! That’s a fun article, for anyone who knows something about football and Game of Thrones!

Azriel

08-01-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
I don’t see icicles.

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gulVUWrADCM

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Some people say they are icicles, some not.

I don't think watching that video anyone can argue it's not snow at the time they were filming. And even all the actors/actresses called it snow.

Still visions are not necessarily perfect, but it wasn't ash. It's pure white.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the guys that do this show will do the next Star Wars movie in 2020

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You know what helps make things better? A GOT blooper reel! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I__Dx73EaX0

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. Poor Peter with the word benevolent. 😂

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love their bloopers!

the funniest thing I have seen in all of the fun stuff is the Jon Snow at dinner party

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That one of Jon at the dinner party was funny!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So, people are so mad about Season 8 there is a petition to redo all of Season 8 with new writers.

Currently over 446,000 signatures.

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

Spear

08-05-2001

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Good ol' Onion.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Showrunners Disappointed With How Quality Of Fans Has Dropped Off Over Past Couple Seasons

https://entertainment.theonion.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-disappointed-with-how-qua-1834843021

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
ROTFL. That's a good one.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I disagree with you, Azriel, about Jon Snow being the main character. There are no main characters. He is a strong character, but Tyrion has always been my favorite.

I thought Arya was dead 3 or 4 times. I hope she gets on that horse and hightails it back to Winterfell, where she belongs.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Correction to my last post: there are several main characters, not just one. At times the story followed Jon, other times Arya or Tyrion.

In the books every chapter was named after the character it was about (ie. Jamie, Jon, Arya, etc.). And as we know, George R.R. Martin is famous for killing off his characters. When I was reading the books, every time a chapter ended with a character in peril (or possibly dead), I would quickly go look at the Table of Contents to see if there was another chapter later in the book about that character.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was smiling when I read that as I used to do the exact same thing.

Some viewers have suggested that Arya may be dreaming that sequence (or may be dead ). That horse showing up was awfully convenient.

Daenerys’ descent into madness could have been a heartfelt tragedy but it happened too fast.

I still love the series (and books). No way I’m giving up on it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh dang, now i feel like i read a spoiler! that sounds like what it will be and I never even thought of that!

of course with this show fans think of way better storylines lately but you may want to box that sentence,,,some people are more sensitive to spoilers than me

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think it was a dream, Pamy. It's not a spoiler if it's just speculation. Arya is in the preview for the finale -- which is not a spoiler either, 'cause it's an official preview.

FWIW, the petition to redo the last season now has almost a million signatures.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think Daenerys' descent into madness did start off slow, but the execution of Missandei right in front of her eyes could have been a trigger that set her madness off like a speeding bullet.

jmo