TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: Archive through May 10, 2019 users admin

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Tonight had me in tears.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 5:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
It was powerful!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched it yet but I heard from a friend that it might be the best Grey's episode ever.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Loved the all female hallway.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love of tears here.. If only all women got that sensitive treatment! Far from it. As a rape crisis counselor, besides hotline and support groups, I accompanied women for rape exams and while doctors and nurses were caring, it was still a horrible experience to go through.

I have had my hand in that same vice grip!

I hope No can get some help, and can accept it.

The only off thing.. In the last episode, Teddy was fighting to keep her child from being born too early, in bed in Trendelenburg position, so she wouldn't have been able to help.

Very powerful episode!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, do they really have to say yes every step of the way?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 2:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not back when I was involved. But they could have stopped the exam at every point.

I cannot remember there ever being a female doctor, there were female nurses, and there would always be officers outside the room, except for a case that involved two girls who ran away from a group home, ages 12 and 14, who were picked up by men promising modeling and taken to a motel. The younger one called her mom, and the mom, who had lost custody due to drugs, did the right thing and called the cops.

The had a female officer in the room. She was clueless, standing at the foot of the bed. The nurse was quick to get her to move. The kid had a vice grip on my hand and by the end the female officer was holding the other hand.. She was not clueless any more.

The 14 year old was acting tough and defiant. The male officer was talking to her as she claimed to have a boyfriend who was in a gang. The officer knew that a gang banger was being brought in after being shot up, so he opened the door (we were having to wait for her exam as the er was really popping that night. He wanted her to see how unglamorous gang life could be.

The good news is that the agency actually got feedback, very rare, so I got to know that the men had been caught and arrested. And even better, I happened to return to that same er, with another woman and the same nurse was on duty and I got to tell her! We celebrated.. She said in her job she saw so much and had to be in control, but those girls really got to her.

In the show, I loved the line of all the women..

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The dinner with Amelia's family was so funny. Tyne Daly was incredible.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed last night's episode. Always wanted to see all the Shepard sisters. When Link stuffed the whole donut in his mouth, then Amelia tried to do the same... hysterical.

I didn't like Link much when he started, he seemed wooden and one-dimensional. But now, I'm starting to warm up to him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have come to appreciate Amanda, and also Link, and them together.

Tyne Daly is a treasure.

I worry about Jo.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 02, 2019 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Not liking what they are doing with Jo.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, May 02, 2019 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Hopefully Owen could realize that he is still in love with Christina, fly to Switzerland and be written off the show. Instead Jo will jump off a bridge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 2:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Owen needs to let the women be happy without him and move on.

The crossover show with Station 19 had me in tears at the end.

Still worrying about Jo.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Owen probably wants Amelia, now that she does not want him anymore.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Since we only dated a week before deciding to get married 37 years ago, it is hard for us to understand why these people can't commit. When you know you know.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Vsmart, I love your scenario! Never have been a big fan of Owen and wouldn't miss his character at all.
I think it's Teddie he'll be going after because of the baby.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Is there more to the story with Jo. Of course she should be effected by the news that she’s a product of date rape but she seems to have really gone off the deep end. She probably already knew her beginnings were not ideal, so I’m not sure why she’d be keeping this from her husband, going to work drunk and having a melt down.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think what hit Jo was her mother treating her like pond scum instead of at least being happy that her child survived being abandoned and not adopted, being in foster care, then being homeless and is now a doctor.

Jo has always, from the time we met her as an intern, hidden behind her protective shell, but always felt discarded and inferior, thanks to mom, but also her psycho husband.

Then with Alex wanting kids, she found her birth mom, hoping for answers about her background.

They already know Alex has a mom with mental health issues.

Owen has both Amelia and Teddy who are currently not craving his presence. And his "therapy" notwithstanding, he is still egocentric and controlling.

Teddy carrying his child is certainly a factor.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, at least there's hope...according to TV Insider...

"She's in so much pain that she can't tell the person she loves the most the hurtful truth [about her mother]," Luddington says. "We are telling a story of the repercussions of trauma and how you can survive it."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She has always felt damaged.. Needs a therapist, but not the one who treated Owen.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Who will Owen choose? Who will survive the accidents in the fog? Will Jo leave the hospital? We won't know until next season.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Owen wants to choose Amanda and Teddy wants to choose Owen.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
There is one more episode next week, right? Hopefully they resolve the accident, the birth, etc. I also think Owen will choose Amelia and Teddy wants Owen. Otherwise, if they both want each other, where's the drama in that, lol?

Jackson and Maggie continue to have the chemistry of two tree stumps together. I wish they'd put him with someone I enjoy..sigh.

DeLuca taking the blame for Meredith was stupid, IMO. He's been in love with her for what, a month? He's willing to go to Federal Prison? (not that either of them will, I assume). Still, really stupid.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Stupid yes. But she has kids and he doesn't. I can see why he did it.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree about Jackson and Maggie. Wish they would bring back April. I always felt invested in the Jackson/April relationship. Also wish Jackson would shave his head, he looks much better bald.
I thought the scenes with Meredith and Jo were acting gold. Understated, not overly dramatic but so realistic and believable.
Owen and Teddy could both disappear in the fog and I wouldn't miss them at all.
Deluca may have done a stupid thing, but I even fell in love with him a little bit last night.