TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 04, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: New Amsterdam: Archive through May 04, 2019 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, but . . . . I don't care much for any "disaster" episodes on any show. Thinking back to ER.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wanted to watch this last night, but tuned out when the guy with the stake through his body said he was warm. I like this show, but I guess, last night's episode was too jumpy to me. Plus, I couldn't get over that they were going out into 10 degree weather with just scrubs on as pants.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I did FF through a bit of it. Funny, next week they are doing the power failure episode. Just got an article from my local hospital which is a "community" hospital which is part of a group of hospitals which says that they've created an electrical system which can run on natural gas and can be restarted without an external start so in an emergency or just a power outage, they will have power and can run as usual.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I would think that most modern US hospitals would have some sort of back up generator protocol.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 2:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
In your fast forwarding and not enjoying it, did you miss that we're going to see the chemistry explored?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
No I just fast forwarded because I had a lot of shows to catch up on. I only FF'd during some of the coming and going in the blizzard. I didn't miss the part that showed that we are going to see their chemistry explored.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, for sure backup generators.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
OK< I really like this show, but the episode before last was ridiculous. Anyone else feel that way?
Like the birthfather of a baby would NOT get custody Over parents of the birthmother??
And patients could pay off medical bills by bartering? Painting walls, patching drywall, balloon animals, etc?
Not to mention that they would be able to get the delinquent patients to all come in as soon as they called? (Sorry but most people with bills blow off collections type calls.)
And a mom letting her 12 year old be in charge of administering her own medicine?? For something s serious as CF?
Every single storyline ridiculous. Which is a shame because I really do like this show.
AND how long is Georgia supposed to stay pregnant?? Wasn't she several months (showing) in September??

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://legalservicesincorporated.com/is-surrogacy-legal-in-new-york-can-parties-enter-in-to-a-surrogacy-contract/

He actually could be fined in NY over the surrogacy.

I have heard of parents of kids with chronic disease allowing them to make decisions. A really famous case was that of Julianna Snow, who suffered from Charcot Marie Tooth syndrome and was granted her request for no more hospital stays.

I followed their blog before her death and ever since.

https://juliannayuri.com

Bartering is a time honored tradition for medical care. Not ridiculous but yes, unlikely to be allowed at a big hospital, so they harass patients and get far less.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I ♡ this show.

Still waiting for him to go bald from chemo. Also WHERE does he get his strength and stamina? I had minus zero energy for months during and after chemo. Barely could walk to the bathroom.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"OK< I really like this show, but the episode before last was ridiculous. Anyone else feel that way? "

Partially. I thought the pilot was ridiculous! A hospital hires a rogue Director who fires everyone the first day? LOL

This show has been on the bubble for me for awhile...it's pretty heavy hearts and flowers and not enough reality...so it often feels too "sappy and sweet" for me. I'm still watching but it's usually at the very bottom of the shows I don't watch right away. When the unwatched ones at the bottom of my list of recorded shows reach 5-6 episodes, I wind up dumping it. I just figure if I liked it enough, that wouldn't happen..and besides, show "A" is starting now or my favorite shows "B" and "C" are returning, so I make room and dump the ones at the bottom.

I think this one is still active on my TIVO because I got caught up on my other recorded programs (a lot of shows recently had their season finales) so I wound up getting caught up on New Amsterdam.

I wish Code Black hadn't been canceled.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the actual doctor the character is based on was kind of unbelievable, yet he existed.

My doctor likes the show, though he is a couple of episodes behind.

I certainly miss Code Black!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s a good sign if your doctor likes it. Most medical people I know don’t like medical dramas. Some actually get angry about them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My doctor likes to fight the system. He got his law degree (JD) maybev10 years ago and we worked with the hospital to increase input from doctors so he went through the chief of staff track.. Lots of meetings and work.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We enjoy this show, although I agree some of the plots are kind of unbelievable. The one with the 12 year old administering her own meds for a serious illness? I have an 18 year old, and he still forgets to take his supplements unless I put them out for him each morning.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kids with diagnoses like CF are often mature beyond their years.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I honestly don't care if the storylines stretch reality. I don't watch it for reality. I watch it for it's compassion and it's hope. I adore Max and what he wants in life. Watching his decline has been hard but Ryan Eggold is acting the heck out of it. Every actor is.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Everyone is different but I think that it’s a positive thing when young people are actively involved in their treatment.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Well they finally tackled him losing his hair. Many of us shaved our heads to avoid the trauma of watching it come out in clumps. Surprised he hasn't done that, yet.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The one thing that really annoys me about this show is the stupid drums in the soundtrack! It's hard to hear what people are saying, plus the drums are just annoying. I know it's supposed to be edgy and cool, but I just find it bothersome.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I figure anyone with a smartphone can manage their medicine, just set an alarm, easy peasy. Now if you don't follow your alarm that is just laziness.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What Mamie said! And Jimmer.

And some kids become quite expert at being involved with their treatments, prevention and management.

Mame, he refused chemo for the longest time, so then it finally hit him in The hair, since his chemo was one that does that. I was looking for that to happen, too!

Dipo, I think the salient point is that some medications or procedures are so horrendous that a parent and child (or doctor and adult) may disagree on how far to go, or if the side effects are worth the benefits. So a young person or adult may choose to resist, against medical or parental advice.

I don't think laziness is much of a factor.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well;, I have a spread sheet to determine how much medication I should take right now,.

I have over the counter probiotic because I have some issues when I am on other medication. so taht is one, Ihave blood pressure that I take or don't depending how I am doing, and I have cholesterol that I take with food, so that is the daily stuff, now add the prednisone, I am taking that starts with 3 days of 7 pills a day then 3 days of 6 pills a day, I have a note pad for did I take it or not, and still some how I ended up with one extra pill in my stuff, I finally put it into small separate bags so I can keep track. Taking pills when you are forgetful is not always good, did I really take the pill or only mean to take the pill? one day I noticed I had put the pills on a plate I was about to put in the dishwasher - I got it out and forgot o take them. (so many pills must be taken with food)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Some people are on a lot of medication. It can be very hard to remember unless you keep careful track of it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I have 3 of those little daily pill holders. One for when I wake up, one for when I have breakfast and one for when I go to bed. Works for me, LOL.