TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 14, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through May 14, 2019 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL sorry .... Lost is a real pet peeve for me.

I’m still hoping they can make this work better in the last two episodes. I’m not giving up!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The guide shows there is a 2 hour feature length documentary the week following the finale on May 26.

HBO will air a two-hour Game of Thrones documentary this May, capping the final, six-episode season of the mega-popular show and offering broken-hearted fans a final glimpse.

Billed as a “bonus” for fans, Game of Thrones: The Last Watch will air May 26 on HBO, and will chronicle the making of the final season. British filmmaker Jeanie Finlay directs.

Azriel

08-01-2000

Sunday, May 12, 2019 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
I’ve been reading all the discussion I can find about episode 5 and a lot of it is surprising to me.......

Xxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxxx

Why is everyone so surprised that Dany has gone to the dark side? I just don’t understand the astonishment. To me it has been clear all along. Her father the Mad King didn’t start out being mad. He was a benevolent king in the beginning of his reign. Madness runs in the family and Dany has had enough happen to her to darken her outlook.

Losing Missandei and hearing her last word, Dracarys, took Dany flying over the edge. This isn’t bad writing, it’s the logical outcome that has been foreshadowed over and over in the series. That’s just my two cents and I’m rooting for Tyrion to take her down and be the new Kingslayer in Jaimes honor.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Pamy, You were right! .............................................................

The hound killed The Mountain! It'/s just too bad he had to kill himself in the process. :-(
That fight was brutal. A big knife straight through the brain and The Mountain still doesn't fall? He's almost supernatural.

I suppose Cersei and Jaime's deaths are fitting. Dying in each other's arms. I was hoping for Arya to get to her first and for Cersei to suffer a bit more.

I am really sad Jaime had to die.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am so disappointed! that's all I am going to say.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, I was underwhelmed. It just didn't seem to all fit for me. And all the death and suffering... blech.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
ok, I will say more. so the writers got lazy if you ask me, why would they make one of our hero's into a monster?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Like Denecee, I was very disappointed. I had typed alot out here and then deleted it. I realized it was more simple to say that after years of rushing to the tv for each new episode of this series, I don't care if I miss the last one next week and that pretty much says it all.

Burn them all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Den, Azriel's post explains it. Daenerys' father was "The Mad King". Aerys II. He didn't start out mad. So it runs in the family. Now I see how it was expected. Thanks Azriel!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Ditto to Denecee's last comment.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Other than it feeling rushed, I am loving this final season.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I thought Jamie rung the bell in the tower, is that correct? I don't think they showed it, but we know Cerisi did not order it rung.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Arya is a bad a--. Love to see her take the Iron Throne.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying this final season too. I love your post, Azriel. I am surprised at some reactions I saw on Twitter. Varys saw it coming, why didn't the fans? I was more angered by the writers making me feel bad for Cersei.

It was a rough episode. Not a fun one for sure. My favorite, for this season, is episode 3. Looking forward to next week. Arya has risen from the ashes and is off to formally introduce Needle to Dany.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The problem for many viewers is they spent about 70 episodes creating a generally progressive, courageous, heroic and beloved character in Daenerys and then had her spiral into madness over the course of about two episodes. Yes there were signs before but this is hard to accept.

Even if the plan was always for these events to play out, the biggest thing wrong with the final season is it is far too rushed. The show creators were just done with the show and force rushed it to a rapid (and therefore unsatisfying) conclusion.

It's like watching someone create beautifully crafted artwork for years and then at the end they are just slapping the paint on the canvas.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
While it may make sense that Dany goes mad, it happened too quickly for me. There weren't enough foreshadowings of it to make the plot work well.

As someone who *just* watched all of Season 7, Season 8 doesn't seem to follow cleanly. They went through some things too fast and didn't take the time to develop the story properly.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I get those criticisms, Karuuna and Jimmer. I wish it wasn't so rushed either.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, we were posting at the same time, but you said it better than me:
The problem for many viewers is they spent about 70 episodes creating a generally progressive, courageous, heroic and beloved character in Daenerys and then had her spiral into madness over the course of about two episodes. Yes there were signs before but this is hard to accept.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I've read an article that basically says what Jimmer posted... The creators/writers/actors are exhausted/drained and the season feels rushed to the viewers.

It's a shame.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's so weird too, since they are talking about THREE spinoffs!

Why not just invest properly in the ending of this one?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree it's frustrating.

However, I don't think HBO was the problem at all. HBO wanted more seasons and would have invested in it. Like I said, I think that the producers, cast and crew were just tired of it and done with it. My guess is the spinoffs will have new people working on them with renewed enthusiasm.

Still, to create something so monumental and not take it to a full and proper conclusion is a shame.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just to add, I feel bad being so negative about a show and book series that has given me so much enjoyment over the years. They just set the bar high.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was sad the Hound died. Sad Jamie wasnt going there to kill Cersei. irritated that she died under rocks...is she really dead?

lots of cool cinemetography!! great ep with suspense. Sad they had Dany killing kids.

If only Jon would have boinked her she wouldnt have went off the deep end. sad that they just made her into a hysterical scorned woman

I guess Arya will go kill her. I think Dany kills Tyrion for betraying her where his family is concerned.

Jon now knows she is crazy and will probably reluctantly sit on the throne. actually there is no more iron throne. maybe he will change how things work and his sisters will help rule

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, ITA!!!

Azriel

08-01-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
I think the biggest problem with the perception of this season is that people have made Dany into a hero that she was never supposed to be in the books. She has shown her character flaws all through the series, but because, in her quest for the throne and the army to fight for her throne she did some good things that helped some people and earned her adoration. The thing is once she got what she came for she left chaos and ruin behind in the cities she conquered. She never saw ruling the places she claimed as important as getting the Iron Throne.

Kings Landing and the Red Keep were supposed to be her ultimate destination. She chose fear and it worked. They put down their swords and rang the bells. She had a chance to finally rule with the backing of the true heir, and like her father she only saw revenge and flames. Her advisors have always had to try and pull her back from bad choices, I don’t see how this is such a surprise and so illogical to so many people.

The main character of the story has always been Jon Snow and the only logical ending will be Jon Snow on the throne. I read a post on a GOT board and I’m really hoping this persons hunch is right. They hope that Dany tries to put the Dracarys on Jon to get rid of the competition and he waltzes out of the flames in all his buck naked glory. That would be awesome!