TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 08, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through May 08, 2019 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
are we sure one of the 2 dragons died?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No. Jimmer pointed out a glimpse of 2 dragons in the previews for next week.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We had recorded it on our DVR so watched it last night. Typically we don’t go into our big screen theater for most TV shows but knowing this was the big battle we did. Wow just WOW! We knew they would eventually win and most of the main characters would somehow survive but still it was tense.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was spectacular. I was actually surprised so many of the main characters survived. Good Game of Thrones twist.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2019 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow! Just finally watched Sunday night's episode (I'm trying to stretch them out, cause I know there's not that many left). That was super intense! I kept having to stop and leave the room a few times. Just too much constant stress!

I was glad Theon died a hero. He protected Bran as long as he could. So many losses of big characters! And thanks so much, Jimmer, for pointing out that there are still two dragons left. When the one dragon stumbled to the ground and Jon fell off (can never keep track of their names!), I was sure he (the dragon) was dead.

Finally Sansa sees in Tyrion what the rest of us do! He started out as a terrible character, but he has grown in moral stature during the course of the story. He's always been my favorite character! I've said for years, Peter Dinklage is a sexy little man!!!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to see a picture of a mistake the show made. I don't watch the show but it looks to me that in no way it's a spoiler.

Link

And the comments below it say it isn't photoshopped.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it sure looks like a big goof on their part?

I'm surprised there wasn't more discussion of last night's show after the wealth of it last week all over the internet. First time I've actually watched on the night it aired and no one's talking about it... LOL.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That’s pretty funny! Oh well.

I have to say that Jon and Daenerys battle strategies have got to be the worst in fictional history.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I kept wondering why Dany didn't fly up behind the ships and have the dragon burn them all. The spears looked fixed and unable to turn.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I checked my recording of the first run at 8:PM central, and then the on-demand copy, and I don't see the cup in either one.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I had to question why Dany and Tyrion would show up at King's Landing with such a small contingent? IT seemed like a dangerous thing to do, so greatly outnumbered.

And yeah, their planning has been quite poor. When Sansa said their people need to rest, why not at least give them a week?

And Jamie... don't get me started. I can only hope he's on his way to off his sister.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally found it. In my recording it's at 18:26.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Terolyn ~ I was wondering why Dany didn't fly the dragon in from behind the ships as well. The spears could turn but could they turn fast enough?

Then, like Karuuna, I couldn't understand why Dany and Tyrion showed up the way they did outside the castle with such a small group. I fully expected Cersei to just kill them on the spot.

And how is it that with all the things that 'leak' between castles, that no one told them about the spears being every where possible? Which leads me to asking WHAT exactly is Bran good for?! Is he saving everything he knows for his sister Sansa to use?

I have to agree with some headlines I've seen online that they are setting it up for Sansa to be the one to kill Cersei. Or should I say Sansa and family?

I so want Cersei to die a very slow and horrid death. I'm hoping that Jamie realizes that she should never be a mother to any child ever again and is heading back to stop her. I can't even type how I would like him to do it, lol!

Burn them all indeed!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have to wonder what will happen when Jamie returns and finds out that Cersei is not only sleeping with someone else, but has told him that HE is the father....

But I still want Jon and Dany together, even if she is his aunt!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
How many times as Tyrion given Dany bad advice where his family is concerned. This has to be the last straw for her.

Im hoping the dragon isnt dead

so sad Jon didnt pet Ghost when he left..Ghost even whimpered :-(

Melisande didnt deserve that death,,,she has always been so sweet and loyal. that one hurt me

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, Pamy, that dragon is dead.

I agree about Tyrion. I want to like him, but his unfailing belief that people will negotiate to stop the carnage is his downfall every time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't like the title of the next episode. "The Last of the Starks". It makes me feel like we will lose one or more of the 4 that are left.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
As you all know, I love this series (and the books) but the writing has become weaker and rather illogical in the last few episodes.

For example, what was Rhaegal doing there flying around by himself with no one riding him? How could Daenerys be surprised by that attack (she has a great view)? Why didn't she just go around to the other side and incinerate them? There's no way they could have turned those weapons in time. It's like Euron is some sort of magician.

How did Bronn (who is the enemy and was last seen attacking Daenerys with a huge crossbow) manage to wander through Winterfell carrying a large crossbow without anyone stopping him? They need better security.

It's just kind of frustrating.

ETA: Reading back through the thread (which I somehow missed) I see a lot of similar points being made).

It's been a great series. I just hope they can end on a strong note.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
"The Last of the Starks" was the title of the episode we just watched. I don't think they've announced the title of the next episode.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness! :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jon said he wasnt riding rhaegal because he needed to rest after the fight and didnt need Jon on him then someone joked he weighed as much as 2 fleas f-ing..if I recall correctly

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pamy. At least they addressed it then. I watched the episode twice and I still missed that.

It just seems to me that the writers are using contrived stuff to "keep it interesting" and even out the fight with Cersei when it should be a deservedly uneven fight.

I just wish that they had done another season. This one seems so rushed.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I only remembered that after you repeated it.

Jimmer, I agree. I'm a bit disappointed after working so hard to get caught up to watch it contemporaneously. Sigh.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well at least it was a great show and well worth watching up until the last seasons. That's what I kept telling myself about "Lost" which was a similarly complex series with an unsatisfying final season (to me anyway). It seems to be really difficult to carry high quality shows through to the end. I think in the Game of Thrones situation the cast, crew and writers are simply worn out.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
shudder!!! Jimmer dont say Lost in this thread...this show better not end as shitty as that show did!