TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 09, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through April 09, 2019 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Remember back when Bob Saget hosted the first several years of "America's Funniest Home Videos"?

Now he will be hosting a spin-off called
"Videos After Dark" on ABC. It's an edgier version of AFV, aimed at adults.

The preview 1 hour episode is tonight, Tuesday, March 12. I'm not sure of the date when it really starts as a weekly show, but it's soon.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
NBC has a new series on Monday night called The Village. It's about a group of people who live in an apartment building called The Village and reminds me of a large extended family. Each character has their own challenge they're dealing with in life and you can see how the threads of the group will help pull them together to help each other. I like the cast and think this can be a good one. Granted it's a bit formulaic but I still liked it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im enjoying the other new NBC show The Enemy Within...its really good

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
The Village is exactly the kind of show that I like. NBC is so good at these heartfelt dramas. I enjoyed the first ep very much, and look forward to more.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I started watching the Village and thought that they all had too many issues for me to enjoy it long term. So, I turned it off.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Kook... that was exactly my reaction to The Village, too soppy or sugary for me and I canceled the next recording.
But I like more and more The Enemy Within and lately The Fix and Proven Innocent. I enjoy even more The Good Fight now, it really gets more and more crazy... but a good crazy and also For The People still quite good. Whiskey Cavalier seems another funny 'anti hero' show, the agent who seems to blow all their missions but ends up saving the day for all.

I still enjoy Blindspot and Hawaii 5-0 and the Resident.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet, but have The Village on my DVR. It sounded good, but I will see.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I liked The Village. I think the first episode can be overwhelming just because they're introducing all the characters. It reminded me of A Million Little Things.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
We thoroughly enjoyed The Village!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching "Now Apocalypse" on Starz?

It follows "American Gods" on the Sunday night schedule and I just discovered that the entire season (10 episodes, 30 min each) is available via OnDemand for Starz subscribers. It's funny, sexy, crazy, thrilling, unpredictable, and probably NSFW....and I gotta add FUNNY again.

There a handsome, well built straight character, Ford, who was described by his best (gay) friend/roommate as a "naive baby" and it was the perfect description. LOL Another character is the tall, long haired, handsome new-agey Asian guy with an Australian accent who's named Jethro and he has acting credits playing dead bodies on different cop shows.. He cracks me up! He calls his girlfriend "Bro" or "Dude". LOL

Anyhow, "Now Apocalypse" is about a group of GSBCQRMWA in L.A. dealing with their love lives, jobs, and the occasional reptilian alien.

GSBCQRMWA = Gay Straight Bi Confused Questioning Ridiculous Mellennial Wannabe Actors

(I just created this acronym, so you won't find it on google!)

I loved this show! I started watching and binged the whole season in one day and I already miss it. :-( Hey Uncle Ricky, you'll like this one a lot! It was produced by Steven Soderbergh and created by/directed by Greg Araki!

Oh yeah it also has Tyler Posy, star of MTV's Teen Wolf series. And RJ Mitte, the actor who played "Walter White's" son from "Breaking Bad".) Mary Lynn Rajskub ("Chloe" from "24") is in a couple of episodes.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho1YcutJLb8

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sounds interesting, but I don't think I get Starz.

I finally watched episode 1 of The Village.. Liked it and will record tonight...

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight is season 8 premiere of "Impractical Jokers". TruTV

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For people with HULU....

OMG, "The Act" is so good! It's a true crime series and season one is about Dee Dee and Gypsy Blanchard. You may have heard about them in the news around 2015. Dee Dee raises her healthy daughter as a sickly little charity case. But as the girl gets older, it gets harder for her mother to control her and go along with everything, and eventually it all ends in tragedy.

Patricia Arquette plays the mom. So good!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now this looks fun....and scary!

"NOS4A2"
Premieres Sunday, June 2.

….only the motorcycle-riding, leather jacket-wearing, and shaggy-haired Vic McQueen (Ashleigh Cummings) can save us from the soul-stealing Rolls-Royce-driving Charlie Manx (Zachary Quinto), who feeds on children to maintain his immortality and then traps them for eternity in a Christmas-themed prison dimension. The series, whose title is pronounced nos-fuh-raa-too, is a nod to F. W. Murnau’s classic German Expressionist horror film, Nosferatu, and its vampire monster.

Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpnZkAtVK2Y}

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I forgot to say it's on AMC. ^^^^

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The Act -- anyone watching this on Hulu? It's SO disturbing! Arquette is so good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, I posted about it 3 posts up :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
A new show is airing tonight on TV for the first time in the US on both BBCA and AMC. It's also been on a couple of the streaming services. (not the big ones)

Premieres Sunday, April 7. Today.

"A Discovery of Witches"

Brilliant historian Diana Bishop is a witch denying her own heritage. But when she unexpectedly calls up an ancient, bewitched manuscript from Oxford's Bodleian library, one that was thought by the creatures to be lost and could answer the mysteries of their existence, she finds herself thrown into the heart of a dangerous mystery - and into the path of the enigmatic geneticist and vampire Matthew Clairmont. Matthew is driven to solve the looming threat of the creatures' decline and extinction, but their unlikely alliance to find the book before it falls into the wrong hands - and their deepening relationship - threatens to violate age-old taboos and shake the fragile peace that exists between the species.

https://www.amc.com/shows/a-discovery-of-witches

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Season 2 of Killing Eve starts tonight at 8pm on AMC and BBC America. Should make a good pairing with the show Naja mentions above which airs right after.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I really ended up liking "A Discovery of Witches". Did you like it?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I did. Thanks for the recommendation! Yesterday I did a 7 day free trial of Sundance Now through Amazon so I am currently on episode 4. I like binge-watching.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have comcast and all the episodes are in on demand, too!
Maybe I'll binge it later in the week. It seems like American Idol and The Voice in the beginning of the week take up so much tv time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody has CBS All-Access, their new version of
"The Twilight Zone" is fantastic.

There have been 2 episodes so far, with a new episode coming every Thursday.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
FX has a new series starting tonight called Fosse/Verdon. I loved the movie All That Jazz so I'm anxious to see if this will be good.

Sam Rockwell will play Fosse and Michelle Williams will play Gwen Verdon. It will be about their relationships both at work and at home. If you saw All That Jazz, then you already know he was a pathological cheater.

I love Michelle but I always think of Verdon as having legs that never ended which made her such a great dancer on stage. I may have to suspend my imagination a bit when it comes to the dancing - we shall see.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to this, Kappy. I've always loved Fosse's dancing style. Hope it's good.

ETA- It's showtime!