TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 02, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through April 02, 2019 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just finished Dirty John . I didn’t like how the daughter spoke to the detective at the end in the hospital, I was worried she would be charged.

Deb’s character even at the end irritated me. Now I’m going to Google him . I’m still wondering about the hole he dug and what looked like other graves near it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I saw interviews with daughters and they have that whiny voice as the actresses portrayed them

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Rvon ~ Yes, at least it was a few months back.

Another good movie on Netflix right now is Agatha and the Truth of Murder. It's a fictional account of where Agatha Christie might have been during the 11 days she that she was missing after her first husband asked her for a divorce. She claimed amnesia when she returned. I had no idea that had ever even happened but I love that people tried to come up with scenarios of where she might have been. This fictional account is right in keeping with one of her novels. I would love to see this as a series.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I have that on my watchlist, Kappy. Glad to hear it was good. There was a movie with Vanessa Redgrave and Dustin Hoffman called Agatha ages ago that was a fictional account of her disappearance. I don't remember it though.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kappy, we just finished the movie "Wind River" after seeing your post. Great suggestion. We really enjoyed it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, Discovery ID or Dateline, one of those shows did a followup after the series aired that met with the different wives and others to talk about Dirty John. I am not sure Debra learned much tho, I hope she is in therapy to determine why she would ignore so much just to find love.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I didn't find too much, more about Debra and her daughters and a bit on Tonia and her daughters by John.

Pamy--That is hilarious the daughters actually sound whinny in real life. LOL

I did read there is a 2 hour documentary called Dirty John too. I may try to find it as I want more facts as to what he was charged with.

Thanks for the tips about Agatha and Wind River. I am going to put them on 'my list'.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Miz, that is the documentary I watched. I thought it was Interesting that the daughter that killed him didnt mind showing her face, the other daughter stayed in shadows for her interviews

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks for your reply, Kappy and for the new suggestion. I'll have to try them both.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I caught the Dirty John story last year thanks to a podcast from the Los Angeles Times. Not going to watch the Netflix production now that I know the story so can’t compare but I did really enjoy the podcast, would be interested in hearing the two compared by anyone who puts in the time I won’t. LolOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We are watching the Dirty John Netflix tv show, (we are up to ep 5), but I have a question about the podcast.

Is the podcast also a drama? I mean like an old time radio drama with voice actors. Or is it a podcast with real people just sitting around discussing the topic of Dirty John?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
The podcast is not a drama, it’s one journalist telling the story with the real people also taking part with what was happening from their perspective.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh nice! Thanks, Rissa.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Rissa, my friend watched both, podcast first. She said the tv show did a really good job of following it. Some things in the tv show added more drama

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
"Roma' but it has subtitles so one needs to focus.
Also "Black Panther" which is a delight with the costumes, high tech highlights. I am not necessarily a fan of action movies but there are many parts of this that I enjoyed.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Dirty John...was it only for a very limited time. I searched Netflix and can not find it?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
It’s on prime.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After almost 2 and a half years, season 2 of "The OA" is back today.

It's the one where a blind girl disappeared for 7 years, and when she came back, she could see. But she wouldn't tell anybody what happened to her when she was gone. Then she started having strange meetings with some people from her town inside an empty house.

I don't know what season 2 is about except for that it says it takes place "partially" in another dimension.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The Highwaymen with Kevin Costner and Woody Harilson is excellent. It's a true story and a great character driven story of two retired Texas Rangers called back into service to apprehend Bonnie and Clyde. The Bonnie and Clyde part is very small.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What channel is that on, OG? That sounds fun!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
One of my friends is big into the Bonnie & Clyde history and in fact gives guided tours on both B&C and JFK here in Dallas (actually she used to be a participant on this board many years ago). She says The Highwayman is excellent but not very factual - but she enjoyed it anyway.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I watched The Highwaymen a few days ago. I enjoyed it. Then watched American Experience program on B&C on Amazon Prime. Then wanted to watch Warren Beatty B&C movie. Not streaming now any place I looked.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
New season of Queer Eye.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua, I looked on google and "Bonnie and Clyde" appears to be streaming at several places:

https://www.google.com ...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I check Netflix and Amazon Prime which I did in the past couple days. It is "unavailable" on AP, but is on Netflix. Thought I had checked. Maybe just started streaming it due to interest in The Highwaymen.