TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 02, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Modern Family : Archive through May 02, 2018 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Lily's richly snarky "THAT'S gotta hurt," remark to Mitch and Cam after Alex and the Andrea Martin character sang the superior version of "Silent Night" - I love when she zings her dads.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Don't forget "The Crapenters" and Nickelback. LOL!

Lily's snark is great. I also loved her riding the Big Wheel ala 'The Shining'.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Is the Andy character gone for good? I hope not as I think he is funny.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
I usually don't like when they replace characters on my shows. I did think the original Lily was a little bland. But my goodness, the "new" Lily nails her lines. She is such a great addition to the show. She's one of my favorites! I loved when she pointed to the magazine and said "Can I have this?" and her dad thought she meant the boobs, not the perm.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
In the dictionary under the word "snarky" is "Lily from Modern Family". When watching you know she will deliver you just don't know what/when. My all time favorite "Lily Snark"was when Mitchell and Lily were nonchalantly discussing Cam referring to him as "her" and indicating that "she is a mess today". Lily is wise beyond her years.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I don't think this is a new Lily (well, the did replace the original Lily a few seasons ago) I think Lily is just growing up

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
In all fairness to the twins who played Lily for the first 2 seasons, they were just babes. For whatever reason, they never looked comfortable. Beginning with the 3rd season, the current young actress took over as Lily and it's obviously a better fit all around. Everyone's happy!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I saw today on yahoo.com that Nathan Fillon is joining the cast of Modern Family for at least three episodes as a weatherman named "Rainer Shine."

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I would follow Nathan Fillion anywhere. Love Rainer Shine.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
That character name is probably a riff on local LA weatherman Dallas Rains. He, like, does lunges while telling us the weather is going to be the same for the next 5 days.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...at least he keeps it interesting!

My ex-boss used to go to a dentist named Dr. Payne.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Tish and Dallas was the first super sexy weatherman I can remember :-)

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL, I hadn't watched Dallas in years (or tv news really) and mom was watching not that long ago, talking about how he was still sexy. Kota, without missing a beat, looked up and asked who the old, kinda orange guy was. I about fell over laughing when mom was sputtering at her that he was neither old or orange, lol.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Years ago when I had to go to ER, was seen by Dr. Cynthia Pepper.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL War! He isnt as sexy as he used to be :-)

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
In the "learn something new every day" category: I didn't know that Dallas was once sexy. I came here in 1999 or 2000, so it was longer than 16 years ago! So there, War's mom!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL, right there with you Tishala.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I laughed so hard I snorted over Cam's line "I didn't need to be so alarmed over his collection of collars and leashes". I think this was one of the better episodes of late.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I still love this show but no longer run to see it each week as the stories are starting to feel tired. But last night, I loved the devil and the angel on Haley's shoulders!

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
I can’t seem to stop focusing on Haley’s lips. Why do these young women ruin their look?

Jumping_in

08-23-2007

Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jumping_in a private message Print Post    
This season really seems to be off. I don't know if it's the writing, acting or the kids growing up. Gloria really seems different too - maybe it's the bangs LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this show hasnt been the same for years. I still watch but barely chuckle anymore. Every so often an episode will have some funny lines but I think this show expired awhile back. The writing seems dated

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I remember in the first season we'd come here after every episode and quote funny lines. That dropped off already in the second season. First season was the best.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think it was really good the first 3 seasons. I think it jumped shark when Gloria had the little boy

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Naked breakfast Naked breakfast