TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Fosse / Verdon - on FX

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fosse / Verdon - on FX users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Getting this started as many of us are looking forward to it. I copied over Kappy's comment from Premiers...

Kappy Member 06-28-2002
Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 5:59 pm

FX has a new series starting tonight called Fosse/Verdon. I loved the movie All That Jazz so I'm anxious to see if this will be good.

Sam Rockwell will play Fosse and Michelle Williams will play Gwen Verdon. It will be about their relationships both at work and at home. If you saw All That Jazz, then you already know he was a pathological cheater.

I love Michelle but I always think of Verdon as having legs that never ended which made her such a great dancer on stage. I may have to suspend my imagination a bit when it comes to the dancing - we shall see.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
So far so good. I liked seeing the recreated Fosse choreography. It's going to be interesting to see the way the story will play out.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the reminder! I set this up to record and look forward to watching it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too. I always wanted to be a dancer. I tried, and failed miserably. I watch anything about dancing. I can’t believe I’ve never seen All That Jazz

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't have cable, so can't watch this, but Lin Manuel Miranda was live tweeting last night to this show. Loved his comments.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Really good show. I love how they gave the dancers back stories to think of during their performance.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Glad to hear you liked it Rieann. I missed it but hope to catch it on a repeat.

And thanks Dipo for starting the thread!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
saw it on demand, they added 10 minutes of ads so it must be popular. the skipping back and forth in the story is not my favorite thing as I kept getting confused with what I am watching I guess I get confused more easily now, while I am sick. just been put back on prednisone, so maybe I will watch it again when I am not having a coughing fit.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was a little hard to follow with the skipping back and forth; I am hoping they limit that now that the show has started.

I just loved the backstories, LOL, they were great.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I just found this thread. I'm absolutely loving Fosse Verdon.

AFAIK, they never did divorce (which is kind of weird considering his massive cheating and her having a younger boyfriend).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
And him having a younger girlfriend, among all his other chippies.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'll be shocked if Michelle Williams doesn't win the Best Actress Emmy - she is phenomenal as Verdon.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I find them both terrific.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 1:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is very well done.

I don't like them a portrayed, but the acting, the crazy pace that makes the viewer anxious.

Note that their daughter (Nicole Fosse) is listed as involved with the production. Co-executive producer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8746478/fullcredits?ref_=ttloc_sa_1

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 1:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just look at the cast list in that link....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The pace of the show is definitely frenetic to say the least.

I can't wait to see Chicago come together. That is, without a doubt, my favorite musical of all-time. I see it whenever I go to NYC and I've watched the movie probably 20 times.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thoroughly enjoyed this series but I was wondering whatever happened to her son who was raised by her parents? They didn't mention him in the closing credits.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just felt sad and frustrated. I guess that is how Nicole felt and she was a co producer (there were a LOT of producers).

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Lexie, here's an excerpt from an article that addresses your question about her son:

According to her obituary in The New York Times, Verdon had eloped with a writer for The Hollywood Reporter when she was only 17. She was married to James Henaghan for five years and they had a son, James Henaghan Jr., also known as Jimmy or Jim. While married, she took a break from performing. But following the divorce, Verdon went back to her career and left her son with her parents.

After Verdon died in 2000, People reported that Henaghan spent his childhood bouncing around from Verdon's parents, a boarding school in Connecticut, and Verdon's apartment in New York. "She strived to keep a sense of normalcy in our lives," Henaghan told People. "It was different from a normal childhood. But it was normal for me."

Apparently, Henaghan followed in his mom's footsteps for a bit since his IMDb profile shows that he acted in TV series like Lassie and The Waltons in the 1960s and '70s. But he also had writing chops like his dad since he wrote a few screenplays during this time too. But he didn't stay in Hollywood. According to a Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission volunteer spotlight, Henaghan was a plumbing contractor and a restaurant owner as well. And he now donates his time by cooking at the California-based mission.

Link to the complete article:

https://www.bustle.com/p/gwen-verdons-son-on-fosseverdon-haunted-her-relationship-with-bob-fosse-17134947

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Uncle Ricky!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed this show immensely too. Who knew Rockwell had the moves? Thanks for posting about this show or I never would have known about it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: