TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 02, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: Archive through April 02, 2019 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Going to talk SPOILERS now, so run away if anyone hasn't caught up with the end of the episode....

At the beginning of the season I read, accidentally, a spoiler about some big "pike" scene from the comics that would probably be in this season. I backed out of the thread pretty quick but ever since I've been imagining the horror of that, so have withdrawn, again, emotionally because I just don't want bad things happening to good guys in a tv show I watch for pleasure.

But seeing it wasn't actually as bad as my imagination made it. If they were going to follow that plot, they did it as ~nicely~ as they could, all grey tones, no blood, already turned and not so recognisable. And, although it was afterwards, they showed that they died in a knife flight, not some horrific beheading, which was what I was imagining, and they didn't show the actual deaths.

It did unsettle me quite a lot, it kept popping up in my brain while I was trying to sleep, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. The only one I really cared about was Enid, she just seemed like such a nice girl. Tara annoyed me a bit, and the others we didn't know so well.

Punkin

08-13-2009

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
If I hadn't watched Talking Dead I wouldn't have known I didn't see the last 25 minutes. I went to OnDemand to watch it. I cried and cried.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
The thing about last night, they did not show anyone actually die by the hands of the whispers ...... we all know death to these characters can happen at any time.

No violence was shown of these killings at all.

And the actor who played Gabe already spoiled that there would be some shocking deaths

The only hard to watch part of last nights show was the first half because it was mind numbingly boring as all heck!!! I had to FF pretty much of it.

But what we don’t know is how exactly did the whispers get allbthose characters together to kill them? Were they all out hunting? The kid who saved Lidia just went to check a sound..... but how did they get the others like Tara and Enid?

The survivor Dr (can’t spell his name so .... ) he didn’t explain where all these people were and why they were all together, or ?????

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Alpha just made nice to them when she was walking around the fair, probably drew them to the edges, or chose those already at the edges or alone, and then other Whisperers grabbed them.

This Siddiq is a double d Siddiq (I always have to check the spelling too). I was so hoping he survived, now Jesus is gone he's the only one apart from the originals that I care about. (Also he's so breathtakingly beautiful...)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree the 1st 30 min was a snooze fest. I am still in shock that the killed off Enid and Tara! So sad for Carol.

the producers have to be so pissed that so many had the last 15min cut off and wasnt as impactful as it could have been.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
as a former makeup artist, I thought the effects of the mouths still moving was pretty cool..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, I agree with Lost, it wasn't gory at all...nothing like the Negan killings

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but it's not about the gore. It's about the sadness and misery.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Wow....I wasn't expecting that at all. I get why she killed Henry, to hurt her daughter. Quite frankly I found Henry annoying this season. LOL I know they had to make him that way to make a connection with the Whisperer's but still. Add me to those who are sad about Enid and Tara.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just feel like whoever is writing this year doesn't like strong female characters.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the showrunner is a woman this season, she replaced Scott Gimple

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, then I'm double disappointed. She's ruining all the female characters and killing off the good ones.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I know!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
So I guess they left the bourses back at the sanctuary to freeze to death with no food or water? Ugh!

Yes my mind goes there 😝

The only good thing about tonight’s show for me was Negan. He finally may have redeemed himself to Michone (who still has that crazy azz hair 😯

I think I FF most of show to avoid seeing the poor horses
And nobody died! Shocking

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Kind of a boring episode. So is this it now till the fall?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
This episode was flat.

Too much left out. What did Carol say to Lydia the first time? Not shown.

Why would Carol leave Ezekiel like that? Unlike many, I have no desire to see Carol and Daryl together. I hate that she hurt him, Henry was his child before he was hers!

Another strong woman turned into a mess. Sigh.

And seriously, Negan was the only one who cared enough about Judith to take off after her? And how did they get back to the group?

Nothing made sense about last night's episode.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Karina....yes...exactly! Well said!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree, esp the Carol leaving Eze. it seemed to come out of left field

Negan was the best part. Father not the Father LMAO!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It is quite common for married couples who lose a child to split though. And actually a "few" months had passed (Ezekiel said they'd had a "hard few months") since Henry had died, so I guess she couldn't get it to work without having the child to bind them. And then she had to move out of the home because of the weather, and couldn't see a new home anywhere with him but not Henry. It plays true to me, especially as Carol was someone who lost a child before and lost touch with people because of it.

I was also shocked no one went after Judith except Negan. There's no way Aaron or Gabriel would have left her. Maybe Eugene would ;).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It is common for parents who lose a child to split, I agree.

However, the way it was handled here didn't seem credible... to me. The rough months seemed to be caused entirely by Carol. And as I said, Ezekiel was his father first. And he still loved and needed her. She just turned her back on him, after he helped heal her and bring her back into community.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They were together eight years, always with the focus of bringing up Henry, at least that's how I interpreted it. So she had a lot of time with Henry, and a lot of grief, even if Ezekiel had known Henry a couple of years longer and fathered him a few months longer.

(Kar, I went to the timeline thread to check how long it had been, and noticed an error in my last little timeline update there. If you have a minute, would you fix it for me please? Details are in the latest post (by me) in that thread. Thank you!)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
See, that's the problem. You know that, because you do timelines and figure it out.

For the average viewer, that's not going to make sense. I couldn't have even guessed how long they were together.

The thing about Ezekiel being a father longer was not about their level of attachment being greater because of the time.

It is about her not caring about Ezekiel's grief, and only her own, as if that was all that mattered. Not a strong woman. They didn't show us enough of the "bad months" to help us understand why she would turn away from him. Even you are just guessing about the why.

Grief also pulls people together. We're left with no real explanation of the why. And in the context of the characters as we know them, it didn't make sense to me.

The grief didn't drive *them* apart, which is what usually happens. He was still in it. She was the only one who wanted to go.

As I said before, I hate how all the women are becoming... weak. Or dead.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I just read that Andrew Lincoln will return for S10
Also Lauren Cohen will be back as Maggie

wonder if that will be the last season

And why didn’t all those regular characters that died on last weeks episode get a farewell on the talking dead?

I mean Lidea, and Tara not even a series farewell?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lostfan - as I understand it they had a previous engagement at some kind of fan event, so they couldn't be there.

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
I thought Carol mentioned something about blaming each other for Henry's death?