TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 20, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 20, 2019 users admin

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
I think I remember Miguel mentioning he had Toby's parents phone number and was going to call them. Miguel was awesome last night, by the way. I like that he was nice to Madison when everyone else treated her not so nice, lol. She's Kate's good friend and she should have been there.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No tears or anything out of me last night. I know they were going for it with Kate, Toby, and infant Jack, but I just watched it. Nothing.

Everything in the waiting room was so much more intense -- not in a tear-jerking way. Yes, Miguel, was very impressive. All the others in the family need him.

I think back to the end of the first season and Randall's birth father's death. THAT was a tear jerker in a big way.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Well I was crying! Having lost my dad, I know the feeling of having him everywhere and talking to him to give me strength. I thought it was a great episode. Being in a waiting room for extended periods of time brings out so many emotions.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I got bored with it last night and kept switching channels.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i kept wondering why Toby wasnt texting them. this ep was kinda boring to me

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
maybe because I dislike how unlikable they are making them week after week. they are cruel to Miguel and he doesnt deserve it

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I don’t get the way they treat Miguel either.
I can’t figure out thier contemp for him.
I get it he’s not their father, he’s not Jack.
But he was Jacks best friend even before they were born.
He didn’t kill Jack and it doesn’t seem like he has ever tried to replace or erase Jack in any form.

I was crying in the end because if you have ever been in that position, have ever known anyone going through that. The pain is real.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Waiting rooms are so stressful. We all react differently.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, they were all very unpleasant to each other in the waiting room. I can't believe they were supposed to have sat there for 26 hours at one point without going for food or at least a walk. I sat with my mom in the hospital one day for 5 hours and could hardly move the next day, I was so stiff and sore.

And when Kevin came back with that water bottle, I knew it was full of vodka. Also he should have reeked, if he was drinking that much. People think you can't smell vodka, but you can.

I was worried for Rebecca. She kept talking about such odd things, I was worried she was having a stroke. I wanted them to take her for a walk or something. It's not healthy to sit for hours. You can get a blood clot.

And I agree about Miguel. He's a hero. He treats Rebecca like a queen, yet they're all so mean to him. They should be happy and grateful she has someone like him in her life.

Also very unrealistic that Toby wouldn't have been texting them. Whenever my mom has been in the hospital (she's 95, so we've been there a lot), I'm contstantly texting my family to keep them up to date. Also gives me something to do other than just sitting there.

Overall, kind of an annoying episode.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
You can't use your cell phone in a hospital room, especially if there are a bunch of machines there hooked up to the patient. When my mom was dying, my brother took a call in her room... all heck broke loose! The machines all had alarms, her heart monitor went nuts and staff came running into the room. They told him to not use the cell phone or leave.... he was quite sheepish after that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Huh, I have seen it done, my cell will use wifi and most hospitals have that.

Seems like there is more concern about them harboring infections.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, you can use your phone in a hospital room, unless they specifically tell you not to. I've done it many, many times. I don't make calls in the room, but I'm constantly texting. Doctors and nurses use their cell phones all the time, so I see no reason why I can't too.

Unless they are using special equipment of some kind, you can text all you want. I think technology is better than it used to be when they were afraid of that interference.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It depends on what kind of monitors are being used on the person. In my mom's case, the cell phone usage interfered with the monitors attached to her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Always best to ask!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, now that I think of it, she was in the ICU.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And Toby probably was going minute by minute, not texting.

She seemed to be ok when they visited and named the baby Jack.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I thought it was odd how Rebecca said Toby and Kate would wait and see what the baby's personality was before giving him a name, etc... did anyone think they *weren't* going to name him Jack??

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 12:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had never given it any thought, but it wasn't surprising.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
When cell phones first came into use, hospitals were very nervous about them and they were strictly banned. They are much more relaxed about it now and people are using them in many places throughout the hospital.

I haven't seen this last episode (yet) but I watched the third episode from the first season the other day with my DD. One thing that struck me immediately was just how much nicer they all used to be. It's sad that they all (with the exception of Miguel and Toby) have become so miserable. I don't like "the big three" much anymore.

I wouldn't say the show is bad now but it's sure not the exceptionally good show that it was in the first season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ITA!! looks like even Toby will be miserable in the next ep. it has just become depressing with no uplifting moments

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn’t see any previews but I’m guessing they add more details.

Having seen the episode now, I can say I didn’t dislike it quite as much as some here. One of the things that I didn’t like about it was there were no flashbacks. Seamlessly blending the present and the past was a huge strength of the show that made it unique and it seems they are going away from that approach.

I agree that they also seem to be no longer balancing sadness with some lighter moments. Plus as we’ve mentioned before, the characters are all progressively getting more annoying and self-centered.

Rebecca was under a lot of stress but she did seem to be having some mental difficulties. I wonder if they are foreshadowing future events?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I wondered that, too, about Rebecca.

She did do verbal flashbacks to bring at the hospital with Jack and in the waiting room and heading a code calked, that turned out to be Back dying.. So I think she was poised to hear bad News about Kate and her first grandbaby.

I did like the Notorious RGB reference. And that Madison knew it would be important to Kate.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Sigh...are they actively trying to make me hate Randall? He was at his worst last night. I had a feeling Beth had already heard that voicemail, lol. I loved the panicked look on his face when she showed up.

I don't think Kevin should be making any lifelong decisions about kids or not when he's barely hanging on to sobriety either. Plus, I think he still has a bit of a thing for Sophie...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I ended up switching channels about halfway through. Went back and forth, but just did not want to watch it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have been saying this for awhile..i HATE they way they are making Randall!!!! and I hate that they cant let he and Beth be the one happy relationship on the show!