TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 13, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 13, 2019 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That seemed a bit far fetched to me. Has she continued to do ballet since high school? How does she have the qualifications to teach? We don't know any of that. Why would that school hire her?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She could do a few of the advanced classes the other dancer said she should be in, and then get opinions from there on whether she is suitable to teach. She only said she wanted to teach, not that she wanted a job teaching right now.

But yes, I expect they'll do just as you say and ignore that problem. We can fill in the gaps in training ourselves :-).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that's what I think too.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the casting of young Beth was perfection! they even had her wear a contact with a spot on the eye like the real Beth has.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My TiVo cut off at the end- did Beth say anything else after “I have something else in mind ”.

Mine did too. I had set New Amsterdam to record. Saw TIU previews on the beginning of NA.

I wish the networks would "grow up" regarding program timing.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Milo and the show creators have both said that the show will end after 6 seasons, so 3 more seasons to go. They have already filmed some of the finale scenes before the actors/actresses get too old.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We know she ended up teaching, from the flash forward with Randall and daughter going to see Beth at the dance school she seemed to own or be involved..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed learning about Beth's family.. Another father loved by his daughter.. who dies.. And another steely mom who had to carry on alone with kids.. Parallel to Jack and Rebecca.

I meanwhile worried about Kevin backsliding on alcohol. Guess that is touched on next episode.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I try to remember set my DVR to record an extra 5 or 15 minutes for some shows.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That only works if you are only recording one show at a time. With some networks actually scheduled to go over 60 minutes and others just expecting you to watch or record the next show on that channel, it is already difficult to schedule recordings.

I second the wish that some networks would grow up and stop scheduling to attempt to block you from another show on a different network.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
 》 and we got some “Luca” (Goran Visnjic)

Oh!! Thank you, Legalboxer!! I kept thinking that was Gilles Marini, wondering why he looked a little different. It was nice to see Goran again, it's been years.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Wednesday, March 06, 2019 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Poor Kate--she's not my favorite but I felt horrible for her. Next week doesn't look very good either.

I used to love Randall. Now, I think he's a jerk. No consideration to maybe give up his dreams for once, always expecting his wife to. Argh! I hope she doesn't back down.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 06, 2019 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I saw an interview with the actress who plays Kate a few weeks ago. She said nothing bad would happen to the baby. 28 weeks is pretty early, but that's considered viable. I knew when her water broke that there's no lying around in a hospital bed for a few more weeks. Unless things have changed in the past few years, once the waters break, you have to deliver within 24 hours or there's a big risk of infection.

I think they're gonna be okay.

And I'm glad Kevin's admitted to his drinking. Maybe now he can get the help he needs. But he really needs to be honest with his girlfriend. She won't be happy that he's lied to her.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 06, 2019 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I hate how they are writing Randall.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2019 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Randall could get a part time job and Beth maybe not teach dance every night. Seems they were a team in the past but no teamwork these days.

He did win the election and that is a commitment.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Why don't they enroll the kids in the ballet classes?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Good idea Kooklibird!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If Beth was so into dance, but pushed to go into business, it is surprising the girls weren't already exposed to dance classes.. But perhaps they were and that wasn't their passion?

I think her classes might be for adults?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
He was dumb for running. Did he think a 3 hr commute was a good idea? that is 6 hrs just driving. He will be away 14 hrs a day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is a full time job?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 08, 2019 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
hmmmm good point, I dont know

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
That was an intense episode.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
YES. Kevin and Randall were . . . . Kevin has a disease -- alcoholism. Reason for him to speak / act as he does. Randall wants Beth to give up her dreams (and he keeps his) and Rebecca and Miguel to become babysitters for his children. Not liking Randall so much tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And Rebecca and Miguel are planning to move to California to be closer to Kate, Toby and Baby Jack.

Miguel gets no respect, but he has gained mine.

Definitely intense.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
The last 15 minutes did not have me sobbing. I did not go through a box of tissues. Nope not at all.

Cause I wasn’t sobbing I was snot running, tear running straight out bawling and lost track of my tissue use.

One thing that struck me as odd, was why were Toby’s parents never notived during that time. They sat there for hours, phones in had but no one thought to notify the other grandparents?

Maybe I’ve forgotten something impossible about the story line regrading Toby’s family but how could it be that his family had no right to know. How could it be that no one would step up to the plate and let them know.

The behavior of these characters left me liking some of them less. The all seemed to be more wrapped up in themselves than anything else.

I also felt a heart hurt for anyone watching this story line, that have experienced a way to soon birth of a child, it must have been both heartbreaking and infuriating the way the family handled it.