TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 23, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through February 23, 2019 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I'll give a fake example that takes no time:

Instead of just saying "Has anybody seen The Wizard's Castle? I love it!"

Add one more sentence.
"Has anybody seen The Wizard's Castle? I love it! It's that new comedy about the genius rich kid."

See what I mean? I certainly didn't mean for anyone to write a time consuming lengthy essay.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We enjoyed Bird Box (kind of). It was tense and gave me a stomach ache, but it was riveting. The child actors were wonderful. We watched it two nights ago, and I'm still thinking about it.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, December 31, 2018 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Bird Box which I considered to be a cross between A Quiet Place and The Happening. Who knows what nature and the universe holds for our planet so it's always intreresting to consider how we would handle different types of scenarios should the world seem as if it is ending.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 31, 2018 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just finished Safe, and it was pretty good. It's a 10 episode mini-series set in England where the guy from Dexter's daughter goes missing.

Also the guy from Dexter has a pretty good English accent in it, which takes a bit of getting used to.

I didn't think much of Bandersnatch. Decent example of the "choose your own adventure" thing I guess, but the plot - a kid writes his first choose your own adventure computer game - is severely lacking.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 31, 2018 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched it in linear format where they played all the choices, one after the other. Doing it that way made it kind of feel like a Groundhog Day movie.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 31, 2018 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That would be tedious. We got to an ending then opted to stay in and played one more scenario, but the next time we saw the option to exit we happily took it!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 31, 2018 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh, I didn't do any tedious choosing, Kitt. I downloaded a video that put it together that way and it played all automatically. When it came time for what would have been a choice, all the choices played one after another on its own. It took a total of 1 hour and 33 minutes.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 31, 2018 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix. That was a cute little movie. I teared up a few times. It was a real family affair. Oliver Hudson (the firefighter dad) is Kurt Russell's stepson in real life, and then Goldie came in at the end. Did anybody else notice when Santa was calling out names at the end he mentioned "Ryder Robinson"? That's Kate Hudson's oldest son (Kurt's grandson). I thought that was sweet. Also the child who asked for the snowboard is another of Kurt's grandchildren, Bing Bellamy (Kate's second son).

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, December 31, 2018 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Ophilliasgrandma.....did you watch Versailles?

If so did you enjoy it

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I have it in My List. Do you recommend it?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We finally got around to binging "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon Prime, and it was AMAZING! It's the comedy about a young woman in the late 50s struggling to become a standup comic.

The premise sounded like something I wouldn't like at all, but since it won so many awards, I gave it a shot. Now I'm mad I have to wait so long for season 3. lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, Mrs. Maisel is produced and written by Daniel and Amy Sherman-Palladino (who also brought us the marvelous Gilmore Girls). Lots of snappy dialogue. I just started season 2 yesterday.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I actually knew that because it's part of the description at amazon on the main page for season 1. It's part of what made me want to watch it. Plus the fact that Tony Shalhoub was in it. :-)

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
A bit of trivia for the Gilmore Girls and Mrs. Maisel fans. Alex Borstein, who plays her manager Susie, also played both the mean harpist Drella and Emily's stylist Ms. Celine on Gilmore Girls.

I'm currently obsessed with Heartland, which has episodes both on Netflix and Prime.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
As far as I'm concerned, Alex Borstein is the total star of "Mrs. Maisel" - Rachel Brosnahan is great, too, but all the scenes Borstein is in outshine all the others. It's also been a treat to see Zachary ("Chuck") Levi show up in season two - loved him on "Chuck" and now as Benjamin.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA Ricky about Alex stealing the show! I have to say that Rachel reminds me of Valerie Harper on Rhoda. Both gentiles who portray/ed Jewish gals respectfully and convincingly.

A friend dl'd it for me and I binge-watched on the wknd. Unfortunately the 4th disc was damaged so I only got as far as the 1st half of season 2. Aargh!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching Dirty John on Netflix? Her daughter's drive me crazy with their whinny entitlement. Lol I'm on episode 5. It isn't that great but I want to know what happens. Anyone watch it all!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I saw it all. I thought it was good. I know what you mean about the daughters but Debra started to annoy me with her naivete. I wanted to slap her and say "wake up"

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Wind River?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah I watched it on Bravo (I think it was Bravo), and mostly I was pissed off at Debra, I mean seriously did she need to be hit with a 2x4 to see how bad he was. She had all the information and just ignored it.

If you want to know what happens at the end I can tell you Mizinvanccouver, just let us know. It is a very satisfying ending, IMO.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Debra got it from her mother. Can't imagine the mother still talked to the son-in-law after he killed Debra's sister. I'm hoping the daughters at least learned something from all of this, and have a little more backbone.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Chieko - I watched Wind River some months ago. I thought it was a good story. For those not familiar with it, Jeremy Renner plays a wildlife officer who finds the dead body of an 18 yo on reservation territory in Wyoming. He works with an FIB agent to solve who killed her.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Miz, ITA about the daughters. watch it all and dont google him until after you see everything. Even though this happened about 30 min from my work, I dont remember hearing about it years ago when it happened.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I have 1.5 more episodes and now it is getting good! I never even thought about Googling him but now I will once I have finished watching. What a manipulator! He is very intelligent and his father was a con artist too!

Yes, I agree about Debra being forgiving because of her mom but I also noticed she avoided her step brother at the church. I still can't believe the mother forgave him!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Is Wind River on Netflix?