TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 19, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 19, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That trailer would fall apart if moved.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
He could be like Cousin Eddie (Christmas Vacation).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I want to see more on the characters I feel in love with, more of their stories/back stories. I feel this Nick storyline takes away from all of that

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"please let him not be Randall's next project to fix."

Randall is the one always bringing home strays. First it was his biological father and then Deja. So far it has all worked out great for him and his family, but maybe not so much if he brings a bitter alcoholic home...especially one who, unlike his bio father, is still drinking heavily.

I'd bet he does. It also occurs to me that maybe Nick does something bad that leads to Randall's apparent marriage issues that we saw in that flash forward awhile back.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think that could contribute.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I get confused as to who lives where..

Kate and Tony in California.

Kevin and girlfriend? California or PA?

Randall and family, PA.

Miguel and Rebecca, PA.

Nicky, PA.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I guess the characters we love need answers from some we don't??

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
maybe :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, yes he does. I love he and his wife's relationship and it pains me seeing him doing things that are hurting it. Bringing Nicky home is not a great idea but fear that is what he will do

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 28, 2019 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Looks like we may not see a new show for two more weeks.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 28, 2019 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I get confused as to who lives where.. "

I know what you mean....seems like they just pop in to one another's homes all the time but we've never seen an airport in the series (unless there was one on the ep with the trip to Vietnam).

Randall will say he's going to see Kate and the very next scene is Randall knocking on Kate's door. However, we do see the road trips they take.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 28, 2019 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We know they all grew up in Pittsburgh.

We know Kate and Kevin were both in LA when the show started (Kevin was filming the Manny and Kate was his assistant).

Kevin moved to New York, Kate stayed in LA and met Toby. Not sure if either have moved since.

I'm pretty sure Randall and Beth's house is in New Jersey (he's meant to be 2 hours away from where he's the new Mayor of Philadelphia, which would put him in the North part of NJ, near NY).

Not sure where Rebecca and Miguel are.

The little gas station where they stopped off after seeing Nick said 166 miles to Pittsburgh and 2 miles to Bradford, so he was only 3 hours away from Jack back then.

According to google, that's about 350 miles (6 hours road trip?) away from either NY or NJ, where Kevin and Randall are now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 28, 2019 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am watching aftershows.. And Toby and Kate definitely live on opposite coasts from Randall.. which we knew.

In a clip where Randall confronts the politician for the first time, he asks where Randall lives.. New Jersey, in the suburbs.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Randall is a City Councilman, not the Mayor of Philadelphia.

I also find it amusing how quickly they get from one side of the country to the other whenever the whim strikes them. They must have a teleporter!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Babyjaxman. As I was writing I was thinking it couldn't really be for Mayor could it, as that's such a big position, but I googled it and that's what people were saying too. I guess it's a commonly held misbelief.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m curious about what everyone’s favorite character or part of the series has been so far?

For me, while Jack has been the driving force for the show and is a great character, the character that I’ve enjoyed the most by far is William. Every single scene he’s been in has been great. I hope they show more of him but I think that sadly they may feel his story has come to an end.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I agree Jimmer, William was a good guy!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I agree. That extreme tear-jerker episode towards the end of the first season. Ooooooooh.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
William for me too. Of the main cast I like Randall. I understand his thought process, and it seems like the actor has put real effort into portraying someone with his personality traits.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love Randal and his relationship with everyone. those are the most interesting storylines for me. I am enjoying the journey of Kevin and Zoe's relationship.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
William

Randall's younger daughter

Randall

Toby

The doctor who delivered the triplets

Kevin has moved way up from a low beginning.

And Miguel has moved up, too.

I don't hate anyone.. Um, well Jack's father..

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Adult Kevin because the writers give him the funniest one-liners. 😂😂😂

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 04, 2019 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that Kevin can be a lot of fun. However, I was pretty soured by his break-up with Sophie after his seemingly heartfelt appeal to her to get back together. Plus their backstory as kids was so cute.

Two other favorites for me are Toby and Miguel. Toby is so witty and entertaining and I find Miguel’s continued loyalty to Jack very endearing.

Jack’s father is (was?) horrible. There was one scene though that made me feel a little compassion for him. I can’t remember the details but I think it was from when he was a little boy.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
My TiVo cut off at the end- did Beth say anything else after “I have something else in mind”.

I LOVED everything about this episode... Lianne La Havas did a perfect “Say a little Prayer”, Phylicia Rashad was superb as always, and we got some “Luca” (Goran Visnjic)! I don’t care about the naysayers, I love these backstory episodes and this one was one of the best.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Legalboxer, she wants to teach.