TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 09, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through February 09, 2019 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Some people are just more sensitive to that stuff than others. It used to bother me to go into some of the department stores that had lit-up jewelry cases. The lights (or maybe it was a security system) emitted a high-pitched sound that would drive me crazy. Now I just don't go to the mall.

I'm wondering if Shawn's meltdown will call into question his suitability as a doctor and his job will be in question. That's a lot of stress for a person on the spectrum. My son is terrified of even going for a job interview. He knows he is "socially awkward" and has "communication issues" (he told me that in those words).

And I forgot all about Dr. Glassman's cancer returning. Poor Dr. Glassman. I hope they don't write him out. Shawn needs him.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I love that actor on The Westwing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Part two is on tonight!

Csdc4747

05-09-2011

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csdc4747 a private message Print Post    
Ugh! I’m in a rv and the antenna messed up the last 20 minutes. Can someone let me know the highlights? It was such a good episode.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think the second part was as good as the first... maybe just me.

Glassman doesn't have a recurrence of his cancer, he has meningitis from a CSF leak. He said he had to have surgery "today" but was last seen walking off with Shaun and Lea to go get pancakes? Shaun did put it in perspective to grumpy Glassman - you will get your memory back!

Dr. Park confesses to his son why he was a bad dad (his own dad was kind of an ass) and gets a hug from kid and later mom too - maybe a reconciliation?

Dr. Lim recovers from the virus, and Melendez goes to visit her, looking like a love interest developing there?

The young man that needed the bone marrow transplant is doing well, but his dad died - his last act giving his son the gift of life. The older woman, that helped with the surgery (retired veterinarian), goes to visit the young man and tells him how many regrets his dad had and how blessed he felt to be able to do this for his son.

I think that's it... but if I missed anything someone else can fill in?

Csdc4747

05-09-2011

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csdc4747 a private message Print Post    
Thank you Karuuna. Now I can relax because it was driving me crazy.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and then there were previews for next week show which deals with the fall out of the crisis and how many doctors did not follow procedure during the confinement.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep next week all there's no handled the outbreak could have suspended licenses.

I liked part two a lot!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I liked part 2 better. Part 1 was excellent but gave me some anxiety.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 1:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I loved the go carts..

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The last scene of Shawn hugging Dr. Glassman on the bathroom floor was wonderful.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, it really was!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was very good.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
agreed, I had a little sniffle over it. It was just so touching when Shaun rested his head on Dr G's.( Who I love) I was so glad he was not dead on the floor in the bathroom. I was worried.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too Jasper.

I think with all his angst over his roommate and then watching the autistic couple inch toward admitting to love and the guy coming back to help several times and Dr Glassman having to say just doing things Shaun would enjoy, like reading a book's words at top speed, we're not helping..

The reviewer really gets it!

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2019/01/the-good-doctor-season-2-episode-13-review-xin/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2019 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Renewed.

My DVR didn't record, second time.. So I will have to watch on demand.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sea, it was an excellent episode.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I will be watching it.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed with this last episode.

Nobody would look for a lost love by driving all over the place in an Uber. Why not use a telephone.

The surgery had to be horrible for the donar's mother.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the driving allover the place was done under the influence, and he good Glassman did use a phone eventually. but he was not driving to look for love,he was driving to look for forgiveness and to comfort a woman he wronged. Many people want to right wrongs on their death beds or supposed death beds. of course the story was silly,but this is television and not real life.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Shmurph (sounds like Smurf) nickname was a good one (from the first two letters of the first name an first syllable of the second name).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 08, 2019 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My CC showed it as "Smurf." We did that, too, in high school! I had forgotten about that. You just swapped the first letters of the first and last name (ie. Susie Green would be "Gusie Sreen"). It was silly. Didn't work with my name since my first and last start with the same letter, so my friends came up with a way to turn my name "inside out" instead. High school silliness!

I thought the face swap was pretty unrealistic. I know it's been done before, but it doesn't usually turn out looking so perfect. It's very complicated connecting all those nerves and blood supply. And I would think they'd keep everyone out for a few days to prevent infection.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 08, 2019 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, TV - I have seen a picture of transplanted face, and besides the after surgery swelling, the nerves do not all connect right away and there is a lot of crookedness to the face.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, February 08, 2019 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I also have seen a transplanted face, and it's not that smooth and easy, like a mask.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same here.

In one case the mom of the donor did meet the recipient later. But they definitely wouldn't meet ahead of time, I don't think.