TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 23, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 23, 2019 users admin

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Awesome episode! I cried like two times. Nicky still alive?
Unfortunately I am off the Kate wagon. Is she ever happy? She is sucking the life outta me and I'm just watching the show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't think so. Gunshot was suicide?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Chills. Looked to me like Nicky was still alive and living in a trailer somewhere.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Can't believe that I called this last week! I just couldn't figure out where they would be going with the storyline.... although, it is still the favorite part of the show to me. Loved when the Vietnamese man talked to Kevin about their parents not talking about the war ... then, here their sons are today, sitting, having a meal and talking.... made me tear up.

I have known a number of 'resettled' Vietnamese here at work and can say, from my experience they are very caring and always concerned about others. So, the conversation took me back to my friend, Huyen, who while she was dying of cancer, was more concerned about how I was doing when I talked with her.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The Nicky is alive thing was going around the internet for the past few weeks. I wonder if someone slipped and let it out somewhere.

Now we know that the "her" is Rebecca.

And I am begging the writers to please let nothing bad happen to Kate and Toby's baby.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dislike the Nicky storyline. I dont care about him and feel it's wasting my time when I want to see more stories on our main characters!

I couldnt care less that he is alive.

I also hate the Randall political storyline. His family needs him and he STILL cant see that. The universe is even trying to tell him to stop running since his manager told him he cant win and he STILL doesnt see it. ugh!

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
I really hope that Randall doesn't somehow miraculously win the election, I want it to be over and for him to be humbled a bit.

I like the Nicky storyline and interested in seeing where it goes. And Justin Hartley is doing a terrific job as Kevin in this story.

Couldn't care less about Kate and Toby..Kate is really irritating me this season..

As far as Rebecca being "her"..I wonder if her talking about her constant aches and pains have something to do with what happens to future Rebecca?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Katy, you may be right about Becca, I think this was the first time she talked about her aches and pains

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Why are you putting "her" in quotes, does it relate to a storyline?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
At the end of last year's season, older Tess and Older Randall were going to meet 'her'. No explanation of who 'her' was at that time. Now, we know it is Rebecca. So, it relates to something that happens in the future.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think her is Randall's wife, estranged, and They are going to see Rebecca, someplace.

Just a guess.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And I am not alone in this worry/speculation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/11/28/nbc-us-recap-season-3-episode-9-beginning-end-beginning/2126885002/

I love Kate and Toby.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kooklie, I forgot that.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree about Kate being irritating. Ugh. You're finally pregnant. Be happy and stop whining!

I actually like the Nicky story, too. I think it's so sad that Jack is trying so hard to save him, and Nicky just doesn't want to be saved. I lost a sister to drugs/suicide. She wouldn't be saved either. I was happy to see that Nicky seems to still be alive.

I agree that Justin Hartley is doing a great job this season. So heart-wrenching that he's retracing his dad's steps and learning very little. Except now he knows he might still have an uncle out there.

And can I just say, as much as my hubby and I may have been angry at each other over the years, I would never ask him to sleep on the couch. He'd just laugh at me anyway! My mother never used this tactic on my dad either. I could see choosing to sleep away from your partner, but throwing them out of their own bedroom? That just seems ridiculous and a bad move if you care about mending your relationship. The fact that Beth was mentioned by Tess at the end of the episode that she'd "talked" to her, made me think she and Randall may be divorced.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Apparently, the older Nicky is going to be played by Griffin Dunne in upcoming episodes. Good casting.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001162/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The 'Pin the tail on the Donkey' board game that Beth had her assistant get out of the car puzzles me. That's a children's game. I'm wondering if it could be that someone had a stroke or memory issues or something.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The throwing out of spouse to couch also affects the children. Naturally they sense discord, but dad sleeping in the couch puts it in their faces.

And Deja needs stability. The timing for Tess probably makes her think this is her fault.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax. I agree and honestly it seems out of character for Beth.

Dont they have a couch in their bedroom?

Sea, I agree

this season has had few heartwarming moments and more sad maddening moments with no pay off. I really dislike this season overall. it has had some good moments but nothing like the 1st 2 seasons. I think since they know this show will go on for a few years they are stretching things out

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good article. Spoilers. Don't read if you haven't seen the mid-season finale.

This Is Us Season 3 Episode 9 Recap: We Finally Find Out Who Randall Is Visiting in the Future

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great article. Thanks Color.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks a bunch for that link, Color!

OK .. She is Rebecca, not Beth.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What did it say on KaToby's cake?

PP's a ?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. That was a sad one.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I really dislike the Nikky storyline. I dont care about him or his story. I am tired of the Vietnam storyline. I dont even look forward to this show anymore

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched the last episode yet but I agree that they've lost focus.