TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 07, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through December 07, 2018 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think this show hits me in my comfort zone.
This case how hard to push someone to work with a medical issue,

I have been in the place where I was told to back off by a wife when I kept pushing her to tell her husband's doctor he was taking over the counter diet pills he was taking an antibiotic and it wasn't working, over the counter diet pills affect antibiotics working. I backed off and her husband never walked again.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Can hardly wait for the new season.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Me neither! :-)

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
So touching!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode, for those of us with abandonment issues, was extremely triggering and twice as sad. But I do love this show even if it gave me a good cry last night.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I thought it was the best episode yet.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It was a WONDERFUL ep. But having been in the Foster Care System as a kid, it hit just too close to 'home' for me, on several levels. Pun intended.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The way Dr. Melendez looked at his sister, my heart could not take it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I know. My eyes were sore from all the tears I shed during that ep!!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I didn't like the gold fish sub-plot.

They buy this goldfish and put it in a very small bowl.

Shawn's girlfriend call Shawn and tells him the fish is bored. He needs a castle in his bowl. (There is barely room for the fish)}

The fish dies before Shawn got home. The girlfriend cries. Shawn sends in an expensive parasite test to see why it died.
It was positive for some parasite.

The fish could have easily died from being in a small bowl with the water getting contaminated by fish urine.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes goldfish need a lot of space (contrary to what people used to do in the old days when they'd stick them in a small bowl).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I had two gold fish in that sized bowl in the day (1950's), the gold fish grows bigger the bigger the bowl size. My gold fish lived for 2 years but I was not really doing anything but feeding it my mother washed the bowl once a week while the fish had the bathroom sink to swim in. I don't think they died a natural death. I was only in 1st grade when they died. My parents gave me a 4 inch plastic giraffe to substitute for the fish. Then I had a cat that got lost when my grandfather took it for a walk, he did not like pets. then I had a dog that died when my grandfather took it for a walk when it was just a puppy. death was a big part of my childhood. We did not get any other pets until my grandfather moved out.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Goldfish are quite amazing. If they have lots of space they live quite a while and get big (and I mean big). If I remember right, a forty gallon tank is about the minimum for two goldfish. They’re also remarkably intelligent (for a fish). My DD had a fish tank for a few years and we considered getting goldfish. It’s now a fine hamster residence.

By the way, I’m not picking on anyone. I used to have a goldfish in a bowl when I was little. We just weren’t aware of all this stuff back then.

Your grandfather sounds terrifying.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We had goldfish and one named Goldie ended up in an aquarium with tropical fish. She decided that the catfish routine was for her, so she would graze along the bottom as if she was a scavenger, then dart to water surface, as if she needed air.

She was considerably larger that her fellow fish.

One weekend morning, my brother and I discovered Goldie with a catfish stuck in her mouth! My dad got a rude awakening, but he did manage to get the (deceased) catfish extricate and Goldie was ok.

We figured that she was doing her grazing and he was doing his catfish vacuuming and he swam into her big mouth and his whiskers got him stuck!

I watch Dr K (Susan Kelleher, DVM) who has an Avian and Exotic Pet veterinary practice in Florida and she has actually done surgery on goldfish, and explained why a goldfish might be stuck at the bottom of a tank or might be on its side.. Swim bladder problems.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
you made me Look Jimmer
Tips on Keeping Goldfish in a Bowl
it says two small fish to a gallon bowl and they are fine in tap water but you have to take the chlorine out - which, well, I don't think we had chlorine in our hard hard tap water back then until my parents got a water softener decades later. I know they did not get fluoride in water until the 60's. Our bowl was about a gallon, and as I said my mother religiously cleaned it but it was odd that both fish died the same time. On a positive note, my grandfather moved out after he remarried when I was 12 and the family got another dog who lived until he was 16.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Not to harp on the subject, but the gold fish is still in trouble.

It looks like they got a bigger bowl, but they filled it too full. You want to have as much water surface/air contact as possible, which is in the middle of the bowl.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed Shawn learning to drive.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I found that very interesting. As I've mentioned before, our son has ASD and is 18. We got his permit and attempted to teach him to drive, but all we were ever able to do is drive in parking lots and around our quiet suburban neighborhood to practice. He is terrified to drive on the street. He is like Shawn. If anything unexpected should happen, he would panic and freeze up. He says he has a hard time telling how far away things are from the car (spatial awareness issues?), so he is totally nervous behind the wheel. We've given up for now.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, December 03, 2018 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
heck of a dangling plot to be continued 1/15/19

ps buzzing lights drive me nuts, can't believe everyone can't hear them and and see the flickering. I used to bring in an incandescent to my desk.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 12:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The light was making me crazy too.

And all those cliffhangers!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hope they replay this episode before they start up again in January.

My memory will not last that long.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 05, 2018 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hear ya, Dogdoc! I have the same problem.

That was an intense episode for sure. Not exactly your typical cheery little holiday episode!

It was a good one, though. I knew when the EMT started flirting with the female doc (forgot her name) that he was going to die. Also knew the marrow donor was stuck in the ER. Why would he go to the ER???

We figured out it was going to be a cliffhanger. I hate those! If we'd known it was going to be a two parter, we would have saved it and watched them both together.

Hope my memory holds up till Jan. 14th!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching this show but I was curious to see the last episode because a preview caught my attention and I really liked it, a very different episode with lots of cliffhangers and for sure I'll wait for the next one, when? In February?? He also must have been infected and I wondered if the infection was causing Shawn a worsening of his syndrome and that's why he kept hearing the noise and lost concentration. From the 'savant' doctor he became a patient and no one around able to help him, surely a horrific cliffhanger but we'll know rescue will come in the new season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the buzzing light was just a symptom of his autism. That along with the fact that his routine was disrupted, his lunch wasn't the way he likes it (believe me, this is a big deal to a person on the spectrum), Shawn has just reached his limit. Our son is very much like him. He is very sensitive to certain noises and environments.

The show returns Jan. 14th.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the buzzing sound comes from broken lights. they can be replaced. Yes, autistic people are sensitive to sound, but a lot of us hear it, just like a lot of us are driven nuts by the flickering light from florescence. I don't know why some hear it and others not? too much rock music? my brother who played in a band can't hear so many sounds. But he does not think of himself as deaf.